Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

I consider there a decent price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261233460075?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

And impressive this did not get any bids:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261233488070?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I guess all VF-1 sales will go at a decent/cheap price now unless they're Max or Millia.

I saw the VF-1S Strike PLUS+ auction but opted to get mine from somewhere else for a bit more since I figured that one would go through the roof. Probably would have gotten it if it had a BIN. It has been relisted for $265.

So cute!!, 6,250 Yen for a plush toy? was it official merchandise?

Yes, it is official...I really do not know much about it...other than it is from Bandai and came out when DYRL was released (I think)....

Not sure if it was a "game prize", mail-away or something sold at stores at the time....only a couple of other MW members have one...so maybe they can elaborate...I am surprised more do not surface for sale....maybe not many were produced....

That's a good price, I'd say. 1/48's don't really command a high value like the 1/60's.

The most expensive 1/48 is the weathered editions generally, but I don't think they would go for more than 250+ or so.

Considering you can get some really limited 1/60 stuff for around 300...

Edited by Gakken85

That's a good price, I'd say. 1/48's don't really command a high value like the 1/60's.

The most expensive 1/48 is the weathered editions generally, but I don't think they would go for more than 250+ or so.

Considering you can get some really limited 1/60 stuff for around 300...

Which is really a shame because the 1/48's are awesome :p The 1/48 VF-1A has the most flush head in fighter mode of all the yammies :D

More Relatively cheap Yammy 1/48's. Crazy how they're selling for less than Retail these days.. (except for the chronicles exclusives and weathered versions that I have no interest in)

Low Viz 2 with Armored parts - 192.5 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macross-1-48th-Scale-Low-Visibility-Woodland-VF-1A-Valkyrie-and-Armor-/221248790267?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=CsXPVNnMygHiOPSC1PJ3HidwtP4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

1J stealth gift pack - 212.5 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macross-VF-1J-Stealth-with-Super-and-Strike-Parts-/221248816198?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=CsXPVNnMygHiOPSC1PJ3HidwtP4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edited by Duymon

Wait what happened to Yamato???

I have a 1/60 Roy Strike. 1st version.

What happened to the prices. They are high.

why??

Short version: Macross was at all time high with the latest Yammie releases, future ventures and the incoming VF-4G on late 2012, shortly after its release out of nowhere Yamato filed for bankrupcy and a possible merger/acquisition by Arcadia. Nobody knew what was to be their Macros lineup, the buying frenzy began and prices skyrocketed until Arcadia announce the VF-1J 30th anniversary and recently the v2 YF-19 and prices have come down by three factors, a lot of people have completed most of their collection, are now saving up to buy Arcadias or went broke.

If you love yamatos there may be a chance to see more VF-1 toys under the arcadia name but they might cost a bit more.

Good news for noob collectors who entered into the scene late. There isn't much to improve over the current 1/60 VF-1.

Hopefully the YF-19 sells well. Macross Plus was popular in the west and it was untouched by the evil Harmony Gold as it snuck under their radar. This gives it more exposure for this toy (compared to stuff like macross 7) and boosts the chance it will be recognised by more anime watchers and older people who remember it from the 90s who have grown up and have more money to throw at collector's pieces.

If you know of people who were fans of Macross Plus you can help by spreading the news of a new toy coming out from this anime. The more these things sell the easier to justify bringing out other mechs. (ie stuff from macross zero which wasn't as popular as the original SDFM tv series. I thought the destroids with wheeled feet were cool in this. It actually makes more sense than the original destroids seen in SDFM. )

cheyenneMech.jpg

destroid-cheyenneii.jpg

I think the chicken-legged destroids look cooler than the normal ones.

If there was a remake of SDFM with updated mecha design that would be the first thing I would change.

Make it so they can leap and boost jump (just like Glaug and Reguld) and roll on wheels a lot more than what you see in the original anime to make them at least more agile than a mere humanoid-shaped gun turret that stands in one spot like an idiot and dies instantly without moving around or strafing.

What I can imagine is the modern Spartan destroid would have a "gun lance" type weapon with a big shield in one arm, and it can store its shield on its back for using chest weapons when needed to attack from range. The melee weapon (pointy spear weapon which is also the barrel of a canon) would be used to pierce through armor and shoot an enemy in the gut (point blank range) killing the pilot instantly where the cockpit usually is for close combat. And it's legs would transform for "hispeed mode" on the ground if it needs to move quickly or dash into enemies with its shield in front of it to ram a mech to the ground. (It would have boosters on its back for quick acceleration and the mass of the armored robot would be enough to knock a mech down without itself getting hurt because of the shield held up in front of it)

Too bad macross doesn't have an equivalent of "Gundam 8th MSTeam". Kawamori could make a sidestory about ground robots and loosely relate it to macross. Fans of armored core would watch it. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I actually like both, but am not ready to make a plunge on good cells just yet.

At those prices I can't rationalize adding more cels to my collection....I have never seen prices for cels as the ones that just sold going that high...it could have been just a bidding war among a couple of big spenders....I would have guessed about 400-500 usd for the Hikaru....wonder how much Mandarake paid for them or if they were consigned?....I know they pay about 50% of market value for toys people bring into their shops....

• 3 weeks later...