Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

Yamato 1/60 Super VF-1J Miria V2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121095596297?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Yamato 1/60 Super VF-1J Max V2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121095575231?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Seems like a 1/60 V2 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Max or Miria still beats a VF-4G in price......

I don't know about that. The lowest price on eBay is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMATO-1-60-Scale-MACROSS-VF-4G-LIGHTNING-III-30th-ANNIVERSARY-/290903085558?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bb2cd1f6

I think it is INSANE to spend so much money on a toy ( and thats what it is in the end..).

Why are people willing to pay more then 5x the retail price?

I mean... thats the reason Scalpers exist. Because they know that somwhere, there is a totaly nuts person, who pays whatever they want them to pay.

Macross toys are a nice Hobby, but for my part, i will never pay +100$ and more just for a different color scheme and/or head-design.

I really want a SV-51, but in no way I'm paying 200$ and more for this.

You guys who are buying at these exorbitant prices are the reason these prices even exist.

People are moaning about scalpers on ebay, but at the same time, they sell their valks at double the original price or more here on the forum.

Or they buy them.

Thats kinda hypocritical...

sorry if my post is too OT.

I get angry evertime i see these kind of auctions..

Edited by miro79

If it doesn't sell it is "an auction of great absurdity".....and deserves a link of shame here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18530&page=1

Once it sells, then it is either a one-time fluke or the "new normal"....

Here is the highest price of a SOLD VF-4G......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YAMATO-VF-4G-LIGHTNING-III-MISB-1-60-/111048324149?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item19dafef435

Max and Miria are still KING and QUEEN!! ^_^

Edited by jvmacross

Actually the one I posted is the lowest price on eBay at this time. From what I saw, you posted the most absurd one. (Which I commented on, btw ;) )

However, it is still absurd.

Only SOLD items matter. You or I could list a Vf-4G or Max or Miria for $5,000 if we wanted to....will it sell....probably not....this thread is just to list SOLD prices....the "auctions of great absurdity" thread is for prices that are not realistic in the current Macross collectibles market....

Apparently, $500+ VF-4G's, Max's and Miria's are no longer "absurd" to many collectors....

It is what it is........blame the 'invisible hand"..... ;)

I think it is INSANE to spend so much money on a toy ( and thats what it is in the end..).

I mean... thats the reason Scalpers exist. Because they know that somwhere, there is a totaly nuts person, who pays whatever they want them to pay.

Macross toys are a nice Hobby, but for my part, i will never pay +100$ and more just for a different color scheme and/or head-design.

You guys who are buying at these exorbitant prices are the reason these prices even exist.

People are moaning about scalpers on ebay, but at the same time, they sell their valks at double the original price or more here on the forum.

Or they buy them.

Ok. I understand completely. Do you have any for sale for more reasonable prices? I would love to get a VF-4G for retail. :)

Only SOLD items matter.

It is what it is........blame the 'invisible hand"..... ;)

Ah, ok I see, only sold items matter.

I will most emphatically!! :D

Edited by NightCastle

Ok. I understand completely. Do you have any for sale for more reasonable prices? I would love to get a VF-4G for retail. :)

no i have not.

But if i cannot find a reasonable price, i don't buy it.

Simple as that!

Again.. these toys go for such high prices because people pay.

If no one pays 500$ for a max or miria, they would sell at much more moderate prices.

I dont blame people for making a little profit on items, but double the original they spent themselfs on the toy?

NO WAY!

It's just capitalism. Capitalism in a niche market for specialty items, no less.

Are you saying that if you had a Yamato toy that you bought at retail, you would sell it for $150 out of the kindness of your heart, if it was going for $500 +? If those are your personal beliefs I admire your courage sir! But I don't think it's realistic.

I had this discussion with a zealous Transformers fan a few months back when I was selling some vintage Transformers and Star Wars toys. He told me my prices were too high and it was exploitation to put items that high. I told him that he was full of cow pies, and that buying toys is a luxury. If you want to mark a toy at the high end of the collectors market and WAIT for the person that A. has the disposable income and B. the desire to buy that item at the highest market price, then you have every right to do that. It might not sell as fast, but it will sell because that buyer does exist. There isn't anything wrong with it in my mind. If you're not dying to sell right away, why not see if you can get the highest price you can.

Not to mention you pay ebay 10% and Paypal $2 percent + shipping. But that's how auctions work. You're paying to get as many eyeballs as possible and command the highest price.

I had a cherry Blue Gakken Alpha that had a simple repair and I sold it for super cheap. I could have waited around for the one person to buy it at a higher price, but I wanted it gone so I increase the amount of buyers who would consider it.

That said, Ebay prices are generally off from where you can get items in other places. They could be inflated $100-300 dollars depending on the item.

I was watching those M&M valks and the rest of his auctions, just for the sheer curiosity of how much they'd all go for, I was expecting 350 each for M&M, but WOW!!! 620 and 630 is beyond absurdity.

Comparing with HKC and their lowest price on the items that were being auction by the seller (Super strike parts, VF-1A TV and DYRL, M&M), original pricing is about USD472 value.

In total with those auctions the seller earned about USD1754, that's a 370% value increase!!! (If my match is correct)

But why would someone pay those prices, I don't get it, any self respecting Macross fan collector knows that it's just dumb to pay this prices. Or perhaps someone with too much money and little brain to use (no offense is the buyer is a member here, but it's my opinion). And this people wanted to pay those prices, it was an auction and not a seller fixed price, so this buyers are just...obsess.

But whoever says Macross items are not an investment they should see this whole thread.

I wonder if the rest of the non-Macross Yamato products are selling this well?

Edited by Valkyrie addict

It's just capitalism. Capitalism in a niche market for specialty items, no less.

Are you saying that if you had a Yamato toy that you bought at retail, you would sell it for $150 out of the kindness of your heart, if it was going for $500 +? If those are your personal beliefs I admire your courage sir! But I don't think it's realistic.

I had this discussion with a zealous Transformers fan a few months back when I was selling some vintage Transformers and Star Wars toys. He told me my prices were too high and it was exploitation to put items that high. I told him that he was full of cow pies, and that buying toys is a luxury. If you want to mark a toy at the high end of the collectors market and WAIT for the person that A. has the disposable income and B. the desire to buy that item at the highest market price, then you have every right to do that. It might not sell as fast, but it will sell because that buyer does exist. There isn't anything wrong with it in my mind. If you're not dying to sell right away, why not see if you can get the highest price you can.

Not to mention you pay ebay 10% and Paypal $2 percent + shipping. But that's how auctions work. You're paying to get as many eyeballs as possible and command the highest price.

I had a cherry Blue Gakken Alpha that had a simple repair and I sold it for super cheap. I could have waited around for the one person to buy it at a higher price, but I wanted it gone so I increase the amount of buyers who would consider it.

That said, Ebay prices are generally off from where you can get items in other places. They could be inflated $100-300 dollars depending on the item.

I never sold anything for a much higher price than retail.

And if i had a yamato Valk i'd like to sell because i don't ned it anymore, iwould sell it for the same amount i bought it for myself.

I do that because i met people who did the same.

And i don't want to ripp off people who are into the same hobby as i am.

Its the greed i dont like. I dont get it when people complain about scalpers on ebay, but try to do the same themselfs.

Edited by miro79

unfortunately in a market where supply is limited and getting smaller the people who control the market price are those that "must have" an item and are relatively insensitive to price.

i'd argue that those people affect prices of actually...everything but in this market where supply is dry its hard to argue against it, as it seems there is a decent enough quantity of these type people collecting these things.

People paying very high prices for valks and other toys are not getting ripped off -- they are called 'happy customers'...

I have to agree. But "happy customers" should shop around more for their buck.

For example if it cost me $240 with shipping to get a YF-29 from NY. If I decide to resell, I may resell at $260-300. Now if you're in the states and you want in in 3 days, then pay me that amount- plus the $15.00 in USPS Priority shipping to get it to you in contrast to paying $240 for Fedex Express shipping and still waiting nearly a week to get it. Sometimes you got to pay extra to get what you want when you want it.

I do not condone however Buy Now Prices of $300+ from either local or international sellers who use Amazon or Ebay for quick sales that appear to be safe and convenient.

I wonder if this "happy customers" will remain happy if Arcadia continues the Macross line and reissue all the VF-1J's, would sure be a kick in the gonads.

Depending on what they paid, I'd say. Right now I dished out $250 for a VF-1S Hikaru and got Strike Parts too, so Im good at the moment.

Some people just want it now and they don't have time to wait for pre-orders to come up.

Ebay is their marketplace.

Some people hunt for deals and get a better price. It's all about time and money.

I think there is a going rate on this forum as a market, and then an inflated market on ebay.

Edited by Gakken85

The other thing is maybe these people are HUGE Max fans from way back but they only just found out about these toys recently. We've already seen a lot of people posting here about getting into the collection market. If they missed out when they came out a few years ago the options are pretty limited. If they don't even know about this website, or other places to look, they'll drop a huge sum on a Max or Milia because it's all they know.

Rich people aren't idiots. That's why they are rich. My guess is resellers hoping for a future of no more Macross ( prices go even higher once there is official word it's over for Yamato/Arcadia ever producing more)

or dudes with Paypay credit accounts, who just really want it.

The other thing is maybe these people are HUGE Max fans from way back but they only just found out about these toys recently. We've already seen a lot of people posting here about getting into the collection market. If they missed out when they came out a few years ago the options are pretty limited. If they don't even know about this website, or other places to look, they'll drop a huge sum on a Max or Milia because it's all they know.

That's a fair point.

Much respect to JV for starting this thread but lately this thread has become the "WTF it sold for that much?" and people yapping and complaining about other individuals/buyers buying items for ridiculous prices. Again there is a thread for that and maybe complaints should be voiced over there. Sorry to say but this thread has become ridiculous. I know people have some good points, but haven't we gone through all that before. Let people buy what they want and enjoy it if they have the funds. It is their money people! Don't hate the players hate the game.

Cmon if someone posted something here on MW for sale sections to sell an item to gain a little profit No one dares to complain or ridicule the seller, because you know why? You will feel the wrath of Exo and you should know better.

I'm being totally honest here and have not sold any Mac stuff on ebay, which I know if I did would make a killing. But you can't blame other members if they are members on here selling their items with the mark ups considering they are hard to come by. Bitching and complaining and asking the sympathies and other to jump on your bandwagon to get your point across is plain retarded. GET with the program. When items become rare, prices go up. I had to pay a ridiculous price for my VMF50 Minmay. Did I bitch about it. No. It's my money and if I enjoyed it and cherish the item. I can live with that.

Some of you guys are really making other members here feel stupid for buying their items at premium prices. To those guys who were late in the collection. Ignore and buy what makes you happy if you have the means.

my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

Mommar, you just described me. While I have been trying to get the best deals I can get, I have found that Yammies are particularly hard to come by. That is why I have primarily collected Bandai, but there are a few Yamatos that I want like the VF-4G and VF-11C that are becoming either practically impossible to find or very expensive. Take your choice.

Oh, and thanks for the sentiment Kicker. That is how my situation seems to have been playing out.

Edited by NightCastle

Seriously I feel for you guys who are late on the thing. But what else can we really do? Right. I'm not here behind a monitor laughing at guys and saying "Oh well its their fault for being late" and yell "You guys who bought those items for 2x its value are morons!" That wouldn't be fair. Its your hard earned money that you spend on these items and you should enjoy them not look at them in regret because someone made you feel like an idiot for buying them at a high premium.

Much respect to JV for starting this thread but lately this thread has become the "WTF it sold for that much?" and people yapping and complaining about other individuals/buyers buying items for ridiculous prices. Again there is a thread for that and maybe complaints should be voiced over there. Sorry to say but this thread has become ridiculous. I know people have some good points, but haven't we gone through all that before. Let people buy what they want and enjoy it if they have the funds. It is their money people! Don't hate the players hate the game.

Cmon if someone posted something here on MW for sale sections to sell an item to gain a little profit No one dares to complain or ridicule the seller, because you know why? You will feel the wrath of Exo and you should know better.

I'm being totally honest here and have not sold any Mac stuff on ebay, which I know if I did would make a killing. But you can't blame other members if they are members on here selling their items with the mark ups considering they are hard to come by. Bitching and complaining and asking the sympathies and other to jump on your bandwagon to get your point across is plain retarded. GET with the program. When items become rare, prices go up. I had to pay a ridiculous price for my VMF50 Minmay. Did I bitch about it. No. It's my money and if I enjoyed it and cherish the item. I can live with that.

Some of you guys are really making other members here feel stupid for buying their items at premium prices. To those guys who were late in the collection. Ignore and buy what makes you happy if you have the means.

my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

Quote of the year..

until Arcadia says "new PE valks coming"

Yeah there is a thread for that in the "WHERE TO BUY MACROSS" Forum:

Auctions Of Great Absurdity Thread V2.0

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18530

Go nuts.

I couldn't agree more. Everybody has their own reasons why they poo-poo other peoples buying habits. 9 times out 10 it's because they jelly. haha.

Edited by Gakken85

some random thoughts:

if the yamato 1/60 and 1/48 products are profitable, it's hard to imagine why arcadia would not want to continue selling them. bandai continued the 1/55 line. i read yamato might have suffered because certain lines like Gnu-Dou sold poorly. when supplies resume with Arcadia, prices will drop. maybe we just need patience.

if there's no continuation with arcadia or any similar company, then today's prices might appear very cheap down the road.

this is a great time for toy makers to read market demand. they probably aren't in any hurry to resume production. they might wait for the next special event or macross anime series to re-launch the 1/48 and 1/60 lines.

Or they buy them.

When brand new and not on sale, the SV-51 went for $220 - $230 new on HLJ. I got mine on sale luckily, but if I really had to have one I would buy it at the retail price no problem. I don't see the argument about the SV-51 prices.

As far as people paying 5x retail, more power to them. I am looking at the situation and feel like if the buyer is fine with the pricing how could I bitch. I don't really see it as scalping at this point. The VF-1J Millia was bid on, the collector felt it was worth the price to get one. I am glad I got all my 1/60 V2's as they were being released. Looking at the prices they are going for and me being a completionist when it comes to my valks, I wish I could find it in me to sell off my collection but I can't. I love these things,it would take these high prices or even higher to even get me to consider selling them off.

Don't get upset at the auctions, the buyers drove up the price by bidding on the item until the time ran out.

Edited by Loop

Someone mentioned this earlier but these are luxury toys we're talking about, not necessities. If people are willing to part with their disposable income for something they'll enjoy I don't see what's the problem. If it's beyond what you're willing to pay then don't purchase and wait for sales/new pre-orders/price to fall. Or spend the money on another hobby/loved ones.

Someone mentioned this earlier but these are luxury toys we're talking about, not necessities. If people are willing to part with their disposable income for something they'll enjoy I don't see what's the problem. If it's beyond what you're willing to pay then don't purchase and wait for sales/new pre-orders/price to fall. Or spend the money on another hobby/loved ones.

well said. Its easy to get in-over your head in collecting.