Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

The VF-11C has officially reached "grail" status....ironically, online shops couldn't get rid of them just a short time ago....VF-11B next??? :rolleyes:

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g120469592

Interesting that it has gotten that popular, considering it didn't seem to sell very well and a lot of people seemed to feel it was too plain looking.

I wonder if it's just people who are trying to complete their collections now after seeing the valks disappear one by one.

Interesting that it has gotten that popular, considering it didn't seem to sell very well and a lot of people seemed to feel it was too plain looking.

I wonder if it's just people who are trying to complete their collections now after seeing the valks disappear one by one.

I think that is exactly what is going on....

It is much easier to rationalize one over-the-top purchase to complete a collection vs. having to start an entire Yamato PT 1/60 collection from scratch....

Hoping for some good news soon....

Well I can't blame people for that. I splurged to get the 17D, 19F, and 19P as those were the variants I was missing still. With those, I have every valk variant released by Yamato aside from the 19Kai which I wouldn't even display in my collection even if I got one for free. Now if supplies and opportunity permit, I'll probably just collect a few more VF-1s like Kakizaki's to complete Vermillion squadron or just for their looks, but I won't go out of my way for them.

It's not Macross -- but I saw a Beagle Mospeada Ride Armor toy for $10,000 on Amazon.

I really wonder about some of these astronomical prices. I understand (but don't necessarily condone) trying to milk a desperate buyer for all you can, but after some point you're just guaranteeing that it's going to warm your shelf for a long time. A VF-4G for $1600? Hey, why not $2000? Or $5000? I mean, if we're going to price things at ridiculously unobtainable prices, might as well go all out!

I don't know if the price is really there to attract a legal buyer. Maybe the speculate on a foreign buyer and try to cheat. International buyers might not know the difference between $10.000 and $10,000 because the dot/comma are interpreted differently in other countries. Also it could be used for money-washing deals but that is a rather far fetch.

Don't know but sounds fishy to me (besides the price point).

Edited by Scyla

That's actually not too bad a price considering I paid 26790 to AmiAmi when the toy version first came out. I really regret getting it since the kit version was nearly half the price and came with much more. Edited by MacrossJunkie

Me too I collect for the love of the Valkyrie not profit from selling them.

If you have space for them by all means keep and enjoy them. I'm actually shopping for a new pad, but the housing market here is a bit silly to say the least.

They are just preying on people who think Yamato might not make anymore valks.

And maybe they want, but it doesn't justify mark-ups like this.

If you have the money to burn, more power to you.

Think the price of the VF-4G is too much?...............think again....... :ph34r:

Yamato HDP 1/60 Regult:

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d140393156

So am I right in seeing that there's over 80 bids on the Regult and its up to $1,000 bucks??

If it were put together professionally awesome - would it fetch even more? Or less because the person wants to build it themselves?

That kentung79 guy is making a killing this past couple weeks!

I thought the same thing, very very very smart investment when he bought all those valks, I wonder if he's a member here.

1000 dollar unbuilt Regult kit, it was overpriced on release, now it's just ludicrous. If I had one of those regult kits I would try recasting and selling, now that Yamato is defunct don't think it would be an issue.

Haha so happens i am actually letting go of my macross collection. Still keeping my macross frontier collection though :)

I just listed them on ebay albeit not at the crazy prices others have listed so do take a look.

I do believe the listings are set for domestic buyers atm coz do not know how to set for international buyer yet :p

Just drop me a pm on ones you want! :)

.....Hmm just sold my VT-1 at $277, much lower than this ken tung guy! :o

http://www.ebay.com.sg/sch/shawnlee1981/m.html?item=261201427502&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Think the price of the VF-4G is too much?...............think again....... :ph34r:

Yamato HDP 1/60 Regult:

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d140393156

Glad I hoarded a few....gotta have matching small men for these things. =)

I guess selling them all and picking up a nice car isn't a dream anymore.. but attainable...hmm..M3 sounds good right about now.. but I like walking into the room after a long day of stress and customer service and look around until the wife gets home. Take a deep breath and breathe in all that Yamato goodness LOL

Haha so happens i am actually letting go of my macross collection. Still keeping my macross frontier collection though :)

I just listed them on ebay albeit not at the crazy prices others have listed so do take a look.

I do believe the listings are set for domestic buyers atm coz do not know how to set for international buyer yet :p

http://www.ebay.com.sg/sch/shawnlee1981/m.html?item=261201427502&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Yeah but its only pick up ....and in Singapore... yeah kind of a stretch of the West

Ooo.. a sale.. from Singapore no less... why are you letting these go? You've got some nice stuff, albeit at a price slightly above my comfort levels, but nice stuff nonetheless

Tis' a sad state of affairs :(

Come back Yamato, all is forgiven. We promise we'll buy more to keep you in business and we won't take you for granted.

Graham

This. Luckily I got everything from Yamato I really wanted. The only 3 I don't have that NOW I wish I did are a 1:60 Regult Kit, the brown 1/60 VF-1J Mass production type and the VT-1. Other than those..I'm a happy camper that thankfully doesn't ever have to resort to panic buys or ebay rape. :D

Ooo.. a sale.. from Singapore no less... why are you letting these go? You've got some nice stuff, albeit at a price slightly above my comfort levels, but nice stuff nonetheless

Yup, from Singapore :) Do feel sad/ reluctant to let them go, as i do love them, especially the SDF-1 and VF-4G. Reason for letting go, haha the common ones, lets see:

1) Girlfriend is complaining of my excessive collection-checked!

2) Running out of space-checked!

3) Hmm would like to say saving up for Macross Frontier but they are already almost complete, so most likely will use it to fund my Fewture Getter figs (they cost bloody $450 a piece!) - checked!

Oh which ones do you feel are on the high side? I do try to keep my price as similar to what i paid for them including shipping, albeit a bit of mark up on some due to the sky high price around to balance out some figs which i have to lower similarly due to the low interest in them :)

Glad I hoarded a few....gotta have matching small men for these things. =)

I guess selling them all and picking up a nice car isn't a dream anymore.. but attainable...hmm..M3 sounds good right about now.. but I like walking into the room after a long day of stress and customer service and look around until the wife gets home. Take a deep breath and breathe in all that Yamato goodness LOL

Yeah but its only pick up ....and in Singapore... yeah kind of a stretch of the West

Haha no complains there, just surprised at what value it could go for elsewhere! :)