http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-02/makoto-shinkai-hosts-the-garden-of-words-world-premiere-in-australia

'Additionally, the festival will screen a documentary about the Robotech franchise titled Carl Macek's Robotech Universe. The documentary will include cast and crew interviews, as well as pictures and anecdotes from the creation of the series and a sneak peak at the 2013 film Robotech Love Live Alive.'

(I find this hilarious since the original LLA is alreasy legally available on DVD in Australia as part of the Mospeada DVD box set.)

They're not actually showing Love Live Alive, they're showing the Carl Macek documentary that was an extra on the A+E DVD from a year and a half ago. It contains about a 3-second preview of LLA

*chuckle*

Robotech really is the Mets of New York baseball: a second tier franchise forever stuck trying to relive its glory days of the 80's, never amounting to more than a sad joke.

I think this is the first time Anime News Network has ever mentioned that Love Live Alive is actually being worked on. It might also be the first time outside of Macross related news or a legality question that Robotech has been mentioned at all for a while there.

Edited by Einherjar

They're not actually showing Love Live Alive, they're showing the Carl Macek documentary that was an extra on the A+E DVD from a year and a half ago. It contains about a 3-second preview of LLA

Neither I nor the article said they were showing the whole thing. A sneak peak is usually just that - a few snippets of footage.

*chuckle*

Robotech really is the Mets of New York baseball: a second tier franchise forever stuck trying to relive its glory days of the 80's, never amounting to more than a sad joke.

No, the Mets actually show up to the stadium and play games. Robotech is more like..F^ck, has there ever been a property handled so badly? This may actually be beyond comparison.

I will always be the biggest Robotech fan ever, I respect what Carl did helping to pioneer and bring anime here to america, so that being said, its time to put it out of its misery and let it die with whatever dignity harmony gold hasn't pooped on...

I wish BW would actually take HG to court in the US. The JP ruling is sound as far as I could tell, but they don't respect it as that only applies to Japan. Is there like an international court that could settle this once and for all if BW even wanted to pursue it?

Edited by Loop

WHOAAA!!! Hoooooold up....how do I get my hands on that GIANT FAN LINER toy??!!! As someone who grew up watching Robotech and I have most of the toys that came out back then, I never ever remember seeing any of those in stores.... were they ever actually manufactured?

Those commercials are epically bad however....good stuff

WHOAAA!!! Hoooooold up....how do I get my hands on that GIANT FAN LINER toy??!!! As someone who grew up watching Robotech and I have most of the toys that came out back then, I never ever remember seeing any of those in stores.... were they ever actually manufactured?

00.43. The girl typing on what must be the world's first wireless keyboard....LOL!!

I don't think the Fan Liner was ever actually produced. At least, I've never found any evidence of it existing, beyond the commercial.

00.43. The girl typing on what must be the world's first wireless keyboard....LOL!!

That would be a PC Jr. Released around the time if I remember correctly. A friend of mine had a father that owned one, a true piece of trash. Speaking of trash brings us back to those commercials...

But seriously though, it seems like it's getting harder for the property to get any kind of publicity these days.

That would be because they didn't just miss the nostalgia wave by waiting far to long to ride it, they've drowned in the undertow.

• 2 weeks later...

pa·thet·ic adjective \pə-ˈthe-tik\
Definition of PATHETIC
1: having a capacity to move one to either compassionate or contemptuous pity
2: marked by sorrow or melancholy : sad
3: pitifully inferior or inadequate <the restaurant's pathetic service>
4: absurd, laughable <a pathetic costume>
5: any HG Robotech media production made after 1985