The full review and gallery for Sentinel's Getter Devolution Getter 1 is up! http://kumastyledesigns.com/sentinel-devolution-getter-1-review/

title-facebook-sentinel-gd-getter-1.png

This one got a very easy ten as it;s just impeccable from top to bottom. The article breaks it down piece by piece but overall it's awesome and gets a strong recommendation from me. Here are a few pics from the gallery portion:

5-230.png 

7-215.png 

10-191.png 

8-215.png

Hell yea, V!

Got the real color Tsugumori variant today and honestly I like it better. It's not as "clean" but the color separation is a lot more attractive to me. Here are some pics:

2-281.png 

3-260.png 

4-235.png 

5-231.png 

6-227.png 

I finally put together the rifle at full length as well... I knew it was long but freaking 32.25"! Just nuts.

1-368.png

Japanworld.it has them for $265 plus shipping and the cheapest shipping option brought it to $322.... makes me wish I bought another for resale, crap.

------------------

I was asked by Sentinel to start relaying that the limited, hard-dated preorders truly are limited, one-off things. Kind of sucks but at this point if we're even thinking about a figure with an add on kit it's probably best to just buy the add on kit regardless 

Edited by Kuma Style

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

Japanworld.it has them for $265 plus shipping and the cheating shipping option brought it to $322.... makes me wish I bought another for resale, crap.

------------------

I was asked by Sentinel to start relaying that the limited, hard-dated preorders truly are limited, one-off things. Kind of sucks but at this point if we're even thinking about a figure with an affair on kit it's probably best to just buy the add on kit regardless 

Ugh, thanks fo the heads up Kuma. I don't think I can justify that price. The piece looks great even without the add-ons, but lesson learned 

Yea... as soon as I saw the price looking it up for you my eye twitched but figured I'd still pass it along because you never know but glad I'm not off-base in thinking that second hand is insane.

I'll tell you I've already decided that I likely won't be displaying it with the add ons due to detolf space and having a real appreciation for the way it looks raw as well. I understand people being miffed at missing the add ons but I don't think they'll feel any sort of sting buying without because like you said it still looks great. 

10 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Got any tekken or street fighter figs @Kuma Style? Would love to see what you can do with those pics given your FGC background.

Unfortunately, no. The only ones that even appeal to me at this time are the older SOTA SF stuff. Trust me, I'd by the hell out of a quality Tekken line but the only thing that's come this decade for them are the Play Arts Kai pieces that were atrocious. It's really unfortunate.

Title-Facebook-MM-Ryuoumaru.png

Per usual the article breaks it down in depth but this thing impressed me even more than the Getter Devolution Getter 1 particially because I just plain didn't expect this thing to be as dynamic as it is. Here are a few shots from the gallery:

4-238.png 

10-195.png 

11-181.png 

7 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Title-Facebook-MM-Ryuoumaru.png

Per usual the article breaks it down in depth but this thing impressed me even more than the Getter Devolution Getter 1 particially because I just plain didn't expect this thing to be as dynamic as it is. Here are a few shots from the gallery:

4-238.png 

10-195.png 

11-181.png 

I clicked on this topic by accident. Now I might have something else to get. When I saw that image I thought isn't that Keith Courage in Alpha Zones? I started researching and sure enough it is. But the mech isn't the same color. Do you know if there is a good release with the version from the game?

I found this one from Bandai in a quick search that looks the closest so far.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBOT-SPIRITS-Side-Mashin-Hero-Wataru-RYUJINMARU-Ver-2-Action-Figure-BANDAI/163368758174?epid=1461965732&hash=item2609896b9e:g:NRUAAOSwcJ1a-7z3:rk:3:pf:0

I'm  not big on Mashins so this is the only one I've ever even looked into purchasing. They may have more knowledge in the Bandai threads but unfortunately I really don't have a ton of knowledge about toy homages to MHW.

---------

Upgrade city today:

20190103_112714-e1546542185706.jpg

18 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I clicked on this topic by accident. Now I might have something else to get. When I saw that image I thought isn't that Keith Courage in Alpha Zones? I started researching and sure enough it is. But the mech isn't the same color. Do you know if there is a good release with the version from the game?

I found this one from Bandai in a quick search that looks the closest so far.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBOT-SPIRITS-Side-Mashin-Hero-Wataru-RYUJINMARU-Ver-2-Action-Figure-BANDAI/163368758174?epid=1461965732&hash=item2609896b9e:g:NRUAAOSwcJ1a-7z3:rk:3:pf:0

The robot Kuma has is from the anime Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru.  The PC Engine game based on the anime was ported over to the US TurboGrafx system, renamed Keith Courage in Alpha Zones, and given a different background story.

The robot spirits figure in your link is the robot that the hero starts off with - called Ryuujinmaru.  Kuma's figure is the powered up version called Ryuuohmaru

The breakdown article and gallery for the Sentinel Riobot Getter Devolution Getter 1 Upgrade Parts Set is up. http://kumastyledesigns.com/sentinel-gdg1-upgrade-review/

titleFAcebook-Sentinel-GD-G1-Up.png

It's an accessories set so there's no need to really explain what they do but the article breaks down why they do what they do well. It's pretty cool to see one of Sentinel's best be taken to an even higher level. Here are some pics from the gallery portion:

3-266.png 

5-236.png 

7-219.png 

10glow-1.png

So, saw an Upgrade kit for Riobot Shin Getter listed by RoboToyBase earlier by a company called LiangZhi. Comes with larger add ons for the Scythe and axes on top of a waist fix (for those who've had problems with it popping off) and it says something for the head like a replacement one but I don't see anything in the pictures indicating a change? It also shows a different backpack for the wings to peg into but the pictures don't really show anything different in terms of how they can be posed using it. Went ahead and ordered it:

https://robotoybase.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4875&search=riobot

LiangZhi Model LP-01 - Upgrade Kit for Sentinel Riobot Shin Getter Robot Robo

Personally I would've paid $35 for the axe pieces alone because they were criminally small. The rest is just bonus to me. Weird to just see it pop up as in stock with no prior advertising though. Hoping for decent quality materials used.

Edited by Kuma Style

14 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

So, saw an Upgrade kit for Riobot Shin Getter listed by RoboToyBase earlier by a company called LiangZhi. Comes with larger add ons for the Scythe and axes on top of a waist fix (for those who've had problems with it popping off) and it says something for the head like a replacement one but I don't see anything in the pictures indicating a change? It also shows a different backpack for the wings to peg into but the pictures don't really show anything different in terms of how they can be posed using it. Went ahead and ordered it:

https://robotoybase.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4875&search=riobot

LiangZhi Model LP-01 - Upgrade Kit for Sentinel Riobot Shin Getter Robot Robo

Personally I would've paid $35 for the axe pieces alone because they were criminally small. The rest is just bonus to me. Weird to just see it pop up as in stock with no prior advertising though. Hoping for decent quality materials used.

Let us know what you think. I was interested also for the axe and scythe heads. If the materials are good and the paint matches I will definitely pick up a set. 

21 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

LiangZhi Model LP-01 - Upgrade Kit for Sentinel Riobot Shin Getter Robot Robo.

Ooh, I need this for my black Getter-thanks for the heads up!