Looks nice. Sweet gun.

Hows the feel and quality compare to like an SOC?

First of all, there's not metal content in this guy, but I knew that already going in. I would say it has the "quality" of an SOC i.e. excellent joint tolerances, paint, sculpting, engineering etc, but no gokin content. The build quality is excellent and feels on par with Bandai's robot spirits line, but with much sharper paint applications and well more paint in general. The only real negative is the high price for what is a 5.5 inch tall plastic figure at around $100 shipped. Since this is the only Orgun toy around there's not much else one can do.

Some interesting tidbits: When you bend his chest forward it reveals some nice mechanical spine detail under the armor. Furthermore, he has ratcheting joints on the toe so you can do some stable running or lunging poses on a flat surface. Furthermore, the hip armor pieces are on ball joints and can move out of the way for wider stances.

Edited by SuperHobo

Riobot Getter 1 (and probably the same for Black Getter) has been priced at 10,290yen MSRP and expected to release March 2014

Nice sculpt, plenty of die-cast, and hopefully, pretty damn articulate (like most Riobots). Hope Amiami will be able to give a bigger discount so I'll be more inclined to grab both.

Wondering if the cape will have wire laced into it.

998546_578474608870873_1915438874_n.jpg969609_578477735537227_542257345_n.jpg

ZOMG I WANT THOSE SO BAD.

I skipped buying up some Aoshimas to get these later on. They look fantastic.

Must have chubby getters.

Here are two more closer up:

WSk6wrw.jpg

Anbwsz8.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Those are nice but I'm happy I'm not a superfan or my wallet would be in trouble from all the Riobot releases! Looks like the cape is wired for posing too :)

I wonder if they're going to redecorate Orgun and give us a Lang version...

Man, I'd forgotten how much I loved Orgun. The dialog could use some help, but the idea behind the show itself... I've spent many months dreaming of that world, coming up with different stories and plots and characters. :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nee ha! Bloodia finally arrived from HLJ. SAL is cheap but it sure does take its sweet time. This thing is better than I expected. Included with the figure are the cannon shield, two hands with articulated fingers, the beam "bit", a square base, and an articulated stand. Good heft, neat paint applications, and great joint engineering make for one awesome toy to fiddle around with. My only complaint is that sometimes the right arm comes off the shoulder joint too easily, and that the seams are very blatant on the legs and shoulders. Blodia's very easy to pose and the joints are tight enough to hold some precarious positions. Bottom line, this figure is a real joy to behold especially for one who likes industrial, stocky mecha. :wub:

1t_zpse71dcb8e.jpg 2t_zpsae41e848.jpg 3t_zps022eb7ed.jpg 4t_zps03f6bfca.jpg 8t_zps8353dda3.jpg

5t_zps51f1e404.jpg 6t_zpsbf3612ad.jpg 7t_zps575eb11a.jpg 9t_zps88ce9cbd.jpg 10t_zpse323472d.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for the pics :)

Anyone pick up the Jehuty yet?

I just received both Jehuty ands Blodia Riot, and took both of them out for a brief personal preview (I left their accories in).

I gotta admit, I was a little underwhelmed by Jehuty. He came in a HUGE box, and had a ton of accessories. but his figure felt pretty light, considering it was originally thought he would have a fair bit of diecast. That said, the toy is very nicely detailed, and the plastic is moulded very nicely. There's some really nice engineering design to give it more articulation which I really liked. Also a number of clear pieces were used on the face and the shoulder, which really gives it a quality feel. That said, I don't think it was worth the asking price of 11,000 yen I paid, but probably should be closer to the Blodia (red) prices. To be fair though he has a ton of accories, but comes in a box that I felt was a little too big. They really need to stop putting out such huge boxes and learn to minimize it like Bandai's releases.

To put it on context, Jehuty feels a lot like the Gurren Lagann one they put out way back, which I really liked.

Blodia Riot (Yellow) is pretty darn impressive though as I was a little disappointed with the quality of the original Red release. It's very hefty with all the diecast, and I love the heck out of the finger articulation. Joints are tight and the figure is very well painted. Again, I think it could have been a tad cheaper. His box is fat, but not as long as the Jehuty one.

I wished they had made the Rocket / Big Ass Arm on the Green version a right hander, as it would be awesome to swap parts and have a Blodia Riot with 2 rocket arms.

• 1 month later...