Those finger look marvelous. I would pee glee if Takara release an accessory/weapons pack that included a set of those.

The fingers are very well articulated, and actually quite tight. Very poseable. However, they are actually a bit on the long-ish side, proportionally. From that angle, it's difficult to tell...

Hmm... reminds me just how much the Yamato Scopedog needs an open outspread hand... anyone got an extra Yamato Scopedog hand I could have (ie a fist hand you anre't using) so I could mod/sculpt an outstretched left hand and maybe have it recasted? I want an existing extra hand to mod so it fits on the wrist alright bc/ the Yamato Scopedog is one toy I'm not brave enough to add ball jointed bits to for the wrists.

Has anyone here ever ordered anything from Yamato's website? I placed an order on Saturday for a 'Dog but aside from the automatic "your order was placed" email, I haven't heard from them and my card hasn't been charged. I'll probably email them tonight and ask if there's a problem.

Im not sure if this is a whole new figure or just another weapon set for the Yamato 1/12 Votoms.. Translations welcomed. Sorry so small..

IPB Image

Yeah, thats the upcoming Yamato 1/12 Red Shoulder that actually comes with the goodies.

I finally got caught in by all the Votoms hype right now. Thought I was just going for the 1/18 Takara Rabidry Dog, but turned out ordering the DMZ-01 Scopedog as well. Now waiting for HLJ to ship the thing. Guess the old Duel Models just aren't enough for me.

Edited by mpchi

is the 1/18 Takara Rabidry Dog fingers articulated???? the preorders pics doesnt seem to show...

Hard to tell. The current photos that showed the Rabidry Dog is still a fully painted prototype, not an example of the production model. I guess still a bit early, as the thing is scheduled for a July release. But I feel that its likely that they will include the articulated hand, since they give DMZ-03 a pair as a bonus. And Rabidry Dog only has one hand. :p It would be stingy for Takara not to give out just one bonus hand...Let's hope I am not just wishful thinking here. :D On the other hand, Rabidry Dog's backpack looks like it has some mine dropping gimmick with a release button or something. If its true, then it would be awesome.

Takara, please do a Turbo Custom before you wrap up this toyline! Even better, just keep cranking more 1/18s.

Edited by mpchi

Just got my Mfax Factory Turbo Custom 1/35 Scopedog today. While it's not a $50 toy by any means, it IS an extremely well made and factastic toy! Extremely well articulated and very well made, the whole figure feels nice and solid with a nice hard, rugged PVC. The paint job is simple and clean, with some nice inked panel lines. I think I'm going to hand paint as many of the markings as I can and then weather it up a bit, because I never really apply toy stickers. I might trim and fit some of the fine details like stenciling, but I think I'll just paint on the stripes and lines and whatnot with a fine brush. One other super cool thing is the alternate color scheme of Urban Camo on the stat card. I am going to need to buy a model kit to paint in that color scheme bc/ it's simply awesome. Everything fits together nice and solid, and while I can't stand the oversized head sculpt, I really love this figure and can't stop playing with it. For anyone else who buys it, consider it a higher-detailed Revoltech-type figure with harder PVC and nicely done standard design joints. It's not revolutionary like an RT, but it is solid and playable like an RT figure... if the others weren't so goddamm expensive, I'd consider collecting these figures for completeness and only buying Yamato big guys for special ones I like, such as the RSC w/ Weapons. I'd really like a MF Brutish Dog and Strong Bracchus, and then a Tortoise variant... maybe those will go on sale next?

And, while they became listed as Discontinued after I ordered mine from HLJ, if you can find This little two-pack I trongly recommend it. They're comparable to the Kaiyodo Macross Gashapons, but much more solidly built, really well detailed, and even more posable than the Macross ones.

Edited by promethuem5

I also picked up the Max Factory 1/35 scale Scopedog Turbo Custom 2 days ago.

I usually avoid PVC mecha toys like the plague, as you never get nice sharp, crisp detail like you do on ABS toys. Also, with PVC the surfaces are never completely flat and the joints inevitably loosen quickly, or more often than not are loose from the box.

However, I really wanted a Scopedog Turbo Custom with full weapons, so I decided to take a chance on the Max Factory version. I'd previouly bought the Takara-Tomy 1/48 scale Actic Gear version, but was somewhat disappointed by it's fiddlyness and the fact that it did not include the Solid-Shooter for the left arm or or the shoulder missile pod.

I'd kill for either a Yamato 1/12 scale Turbo Custom or a Takara-Tomy 1/18 scale version and while they will likely come eventually, it's probably going to be quite a wait.

I've little experience with the Max Factory 1/35 Votoms line, except for MWer Sebastian's Bloodsucker, which I examined while visiting Shanghai recently. Both Sebastian and I were of the opinion that the Boodsucker was a peice of crap with increadibly loose joints, parts that fell off if looked at the wrong way and typical PVC toy lack of crisp sharp straight edges.

Anyway, despite the negative view of the Bloodsucker I decided to take a chance on the Max Factory 1/35 Scopedog Turbo Custom. On my return to Hong Kong, I visited the branch of Animate in Sugar Street in Causeway Bay and picked up the last one in stock for HK$240 (US$30.76)

Comments: -

1. The big head sculpt is really annoying and spoils the look of the toy, but I did know about this before hand.
  2. The right elbow joint is very loose and will not support the weight of the GAT-22 rifle. The forearm always droops down so the rifle's muzzle is touching the ground.
  3. The left knee joint is very loose and the left lower leg frequently falls off when handling the toy.
  4. The right shoulder armor is not very secure and often falls off when handling the toy.
  5. The waist missile launcher attachment peg was way loose and had to be glued in as the missile launcher would just fall off the peg.
  6. The front part of the waist missile launcher (the rectangle surrounding the missiles) fell off out of the box and had to be glued on.

I doubt I'll be buying anymore of this line. The joints are too loose and the big head really does spoil the look. I'm going to be sticking to selective Yamato 1/12 and Takara-Tomy 1/18 for my Votoms fix.

Graham

Here's some good news, Takara is releasing a Vanilla figure that comes with parts to turn your 1/18 Scopedog into a Red Shoulder Custom! Woot!

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT75999

So for about 40 bucks you get a Vanilla figure (I know, he's a Microman, but he's got a killer fro!) and presumably a gatling gun and missile box for the hips, a missile box for the shoulder and a red shoulder piece. Am I missing any of the distinguishing features for a RSC?

I couldn't care less about the Vanilla figure (Micromen suck) but it's awesome we'll be getting the Red Shoulder Custom weapons set, without having to buy a whole new Scopedog.

It looks like Takara is taking a leaf out of Yamato's book regarding releasing accessory weapons sets. Let's hope they also release the Parachute Sack, Round Mover, Solid Shooter and some of the other weapons as accesory sets.

I wasn't looking forward to having to shell out big bucks for a whole new 1/18 scale Red Shoulder Custom Scopedog and now I won't have to.

Graham

I saw a listing of the parts included in the RSC parts set, and unfortunately it didn't include the hands. :( Of course, that information may have been incorrect.

Luckily Takara isn't taking a page out of Yamato's book when it comes to the pricing of the accessory sets. :) And hopefully Takara's Scopedog will actually be able to stand stably with the accessories on... imagine that. :p

(I'm a little bitter about Yamato lately, sorry)

Hey gang, I hate to interrupt the toy discussion, but if anybody is still interested in the actual anime, I've just found a torrent for a fansub of The Last Red Shoulder OVA. It's taken from an nth generation VHS tape, but it's still better than not seeing it. Check it out HERE

I now return you to the toyetic discussion at hand.

Interesting to hear about your MF figure Graham... I have none of those problems except the left knee will come off if bent too far. I was really impressed because, like you, I really don't like PVC, but the details are crisp and square on this figure, but my joints are nice and tight as well. Just that goddamm head sculpt... my favorite Scopedog images are ones like on the cover of the Kummen Jungle DVD, whcih ash the shoulder pads and hear around the same size (ie, slightly enlarged shoulder pads) and makes the dog look much better overall.

In other news, does anyone here know anyhting about the Volks resin VOTOMS kits? I've only heard about them, and usually in hushed, venerable tones :lol: I'd like to see some good information, pics, and reviews of the veneralble Volks kits, but don't know where to find them. I've done some Google earches but not found much helpful.

Edited by promethuem5

I also picked up the Max Factory 1/35 scale Scopedog Turbo Custom 2 days ago.

I usually avoid PVC mecha toys like the plague, as you never get nice sharp, crisp detail like you do on ABS toys. Also, with PVC the surfaces are never completely flat and the joints inevitably loosen quickly, or more often than not are loose from the box.

However, I really wanted a Scopedog Turbo Custom with full weapons, so I decided to take a chance on the Max Factory version. I'd previouly bought the Takara-Tomy 1/48 scale Actic Gear version, but was somewhat disappointed by it's fiddlyness and the fact that it did not include the Solid-Shooter for the left arm or or the shoulder missile pod.

I'd kill for either a Yamato 1/12 scale Turbo Custom or a Takara-Tomy 1/18 scale version and while they will likely come eventually, it's probably going to be quite a wait.

I've little experience with the Max Factory 1/35 Votoms line, except for MWer Sebastian's Bloodsucker, which I examined while visiting Shanghai recently. Both Sebastian and I were of the opinion that the Boodsucker was a peice of crap with increadibly loose joints, parts that fell off if looked at the wrong way and typical PVC toy lack of crisp sharp straight edges.

Anyway, despite the negative view of the Bloodsucker I decided to take a chance on the Max Factory 1/35 Scopedog Turbo Custom. On my return to Hong Kong, I visited the branch of Animate in Sugar Street in Causeway Bay and picked up the last one in stock for HK$240 (US$30.76)

Comments: -

1. The big head sculpt is really annoying and spoils the look of the toy, but I did know about this before hand.
  2. The right elbow joint is very loose and will not support the weight of the GAT-22 rifle. The forearm always droops down so the rifle's muzzle is touching the ground.
  3. The left knee joint is very loose and the left lower leg frequently falls off when handling the toy.
  4. The right shoulder armor is not very secure and often falls off when handling the toy.
  5. The waist missile launcher attachment peg was way loose and had to be glued in as the missile launcher would just fall off the peg.
  6. The front part of the waist missile launcher (the rectangle surrounding the missiles) fell off out of the box and had to be glued on.
I doubt I'll be buying anymore of this line. The joints are too loose and the big head really does spoil the look. I'm going to be sticking to selective Yamato 1/12 and Takara-Tomy 1/18 for my Votoms fix.

Graham

Good that I never got into this line, even with the big sale HLJ had at one point. Everytime I see pics of them they look very attractive (minus the big head). But the price is quite rediculous for a somewhat small size figure with no gimmick at all. Add another $20 or so and I can already get a low end SOC. Its definitely not the first time I hear joint/looseness issues on Max's Votoms. Its just a shame.

Hey gang, I hate to interrupt the toy discussion, but if anybody is still interested in the actual anime, I've just found a torrent for a fansub of The Last Red Shoulder OVA. It's taken from an nth generation VHS tape, but it's still better than not seeing it. Check it out HERE

I now return you to the toyetic discussion at hand.

Hey thanks!! That was the quickest torret ever. Lots of seeders!! B))

Probably going to pick up the Takara-Tomy DMZ 1/18 Strikedog in about half an hour, so my DMZ Scopedog has somebody to fight.

Graham

Whats the going shelf price for the DMZ's in Hong Kong? Me planning a trip there soon. Hopefully in time to get the SV-51 as well.

So is there a pic out there of the 'Vanilla' + RSC parts set? I can't seem to find any info on the net aside from HLJ.

I just paid HK$780 (US$100) for the Strikdog (DMZ # 02) at Animate.

Chirico's Scopedog (DMZ # 01) goes for a higher price now as stock is getting scarce. Animate still has it, but is selling it for HK$980 (US$126).

The Scopedog with Round Mover (DMZ # 03) is selling for about HK$750 (US$96) IIRC.

Graham

I just paid HK$780 (US$100) for the Strikdog (DMZ # 02) at Animate.

Chirico's Scopedog (DMZ # 01) goes for a higher price now as stock is getting scarce. Animate still has it, but is selling it for HK$980 (US$126).

The Scopedog with Round Mover (DMZ # 03) is selling for about HK$750 (US$96) IIRC.

Graham

Wow, and I thought you lucky buggers in HK got everything at another 50% off what we would consider bargain basement.

I actually paid only $70usd for my 1/18 DMZ due to a dinged box. I suppose DMZ#01 will go up in price again after the RSC parts are released. Hope they re-release it.

And again, a BIG thumbs up to Takara for releasing the RSC as an accessory set!

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

Wow, and I thought you lucky buggers in HK got everything at another 50% off what we would consider bargain basement.

Votoms is not that popular here in HK and only limited stock is imported and tends to sell at inflated prices.

Hardly any shops sell Votoms toys. In fact pretty much the only toy store that sells a decent selection of Votoms stuff is Animate. I should know as I recently went on a big toy hunt around Causeway Bay, Wanchai, Mong Kok, Tai Po, Fanling and Taikoo Shing. I must have visited over 30 toy and hobby shops and apart from Animate, only 1 or 2 other shops had any Votoms stuff at all and then usually only 1-2 items.

Graham

Hardly any shops sell Votoms toys. In fact pretty much the only toy store that sells a decent selection of Votoms stuff is Animate. I should know as I recently went on a big toy hunt around Causeway Bay, Wanchai, Mong Kok, Tai Po, Fanling and Taikoo Shing. I must have visited over 30 toy and hobby shops and apart from Animate, only 1 or 2 other shops had any Votoms stuff at all and then usually only 1-2 items.

Graham

Yeah, my last few trips there, I couldn't find any Zoids outside TRU and it was just Gundam and Gashapons everywhere.

Have to say Animate is my favourite chain there. They seem to carry the most yamato macross stuff too.

So is there a pic out there of the 'Vanilla' + RSC parts set? I can't seem to find any info on the net aside from HLJ.

This came up on Toybox DX, too, and my response was, "do you really need a picture?" It's going to look like any other manufacturer's set of RSC accessories. Think of Scopedog accessories as standard parts built to spec by different manufacturers. Look for the picture of Yamato's set if you don't know what to expect. Edited by Roger

Hard to tell. The current photos that showed the Rabidry Dog is still a fully painted prototype, not an example of the production model. I guess still a bit early, as the thing is scheduled for a July release. But I feel that its likely that they will include the articulated hand, since they give DMZ-03 a pair as a bonus. And Rabidry Dog only has one hand. :p It would be stingy for Takara not to give out just one bonus hand...Let's hope I am not just wishful thinking here. :D On the other hand, Rabidry Dog's backpack looks like it has some mine dropping gimmick with a release button or something. If its true, then it would be awesome.

Takara, please do a Turbo Custom before you wrap up this toyline! Even better, just keep cranking more 1/18s.

ic.. thanks mpchi.. yeah its too early to see but i really hope that the fingers are articulated...

im aiming for dmz-03 hopefully i can get one by this week... so far i havent seen any in singapore yet.

hope it doesnt cost me bomb cos i just got my self mp-05 and intend to get an soc ideon too.. sigh.... :wacko:

i have to agree that the micromen action fig sucks! hehehe :lol: i really hope that revoltech would make an action fig of chirico or fyana would be better.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: