Ugh... of all the HMRs the Red Shoulder Custom and now this Turbo Scopedog are the only ones I haven't been able to get. The RSC disappeared online instantly and then never showed up on any of the US sites, and the Turbo being a P-Bandai release is going to make it damn near impossible to get. 

I grabbed mine from anime-export but I saw it also at biginjap last night. Since it's P-Bandai, the window at least should be open a bit longer though prices will be a bit higher.

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

This thing looks absolutely amazing! 

It's very impressive not just in scale, but the price is pretty good as well. I just missed getting one through Mandarake the other day. The search goes on. 

3 hours ago, shazam said:

Quite nice overall.

As such, the various sprue marks are very disappointing for such an expensive and weirdly difficult to procure item. Hacchaka diid mentioned in his review that it is mostly bare plastic, too.

Damn Bandai for idiotically extremely limiting inventory and distribution for such an awesome item.

Paid for the HMR Scopedog Red Shoulder and Turbo Custom and set in each of their site's private warehouse type option.  I'm not in a hurry to get them yet.  I'll have the Turbo Custom ship with maybe some Macross items and Red Shoulder ship with the DX YF-21.

14 minutes ago, treatment said:

from TD-Forum: https://bbs.toysdaily.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=470399&pid=8213334

HM-R compared against the ThreeZero RabidlyDog:

Nice find. I’m still deciding if I want a Scopedog, & it will only be just one piece.

Both HMR and Threezero are similarly sized, with same price point, and can’t decide which…

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Nice find. I’m still deciding if I want a Scopedog, & it will only be just one piece.

Both HMR and Threezero are similarly sized, with same price point, and can’t decide which…

If ThreeZero is keeping the same scale from Rabidly Dog onto their Scopedog announcement, and you just want one, I suggest get the Hi-Metal R one. I have a feeling ThreeZero's Scopedog will be smaller than HMR based on the video Treatment posted above. This is due to the fact that Scopedog is smaller than Rabidly Dog based on their official specs.

But if you already have ThreeZero Rabidly Dog, then it's just better to follow it with their Scopedog, whereas with HMR we're not sure if they're going to make Rabidly Dog down the line.

But overall, for display presence, I'd go with ThreeZero.

Edited by no3Ljm

Hachette is going to release Build-A-1/8 (51cm) Scopedog subscription. There's no official Hachette page available but here's some videos/images/scans found online. Last image is the bonus when you go premium. For reference on the size, click here to see Volks 1/8 Scopedog released back in 1995.

SCO1.jpeg

SC03.jpg

SC04.jpg

SC05.jpg

f93b2e80beb1918e5bf1081a004c05c56c96f23d.52.9.9.3.jpeg

2811867647f8d46fd2a2fe10cd38c1de4073f7bf.52.9.9.3.jpeg

49ec908fc1912c77417c1afdb0e8f93fad83b31f.52.9.9.3.jpeg

19e44d2fcee1504669ef3836a9b7fb6b811e263e.52.9.9.3.jpeg

11cfb3afa05a1c43930576cc082b30752d33c041.52.9.9.3.jpeg

9dd5481b5e8ac68f012afafc17c370b7431c9909.52.9.9.3.jpeg

collection.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm really excited to get this Scope Dog.  It'll be the first Hi Metal R toy I'll be getting that's not a Macross toy. 

I really like the clear wave effect from this picture.  Would anyone happen to know where it's from?  The closest I've been able to find is a Tamashii Effect Wave clear version, but looks different still.

a3f45ddf.jpg

4 hours ago, vf1 said:

I'm really excited to get this Scope Dog.  It'll be the first Hi Metal R toy I'll be getting that's not a Macross toy. 

I really like the clear wave effect from this picture.  Would anyone happen to know where it's from?  The closest I've been able to find is a Tamashii Effect Wave clear version, but looks different still.

a3f45ddf.jpg

Looks like the HG model kit expansion 1 effect parts.

Popcultcha
Armored Trooper VOTOMS - ROBO-DOU Scopedog 5" Action Figure

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/armored-trooper-votoms-robo-dou-scopedog-5-action-figure.html

thr3z01900wo-4.png

Armored Trooper VOTOMS - ROBO-DOU Rabidly Dog 6” Action Figure

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/armored-trooper-votoms-robo-dou-rabidly-dog-6-action-figure.html

thr3z01766wo-armored-trooper-votoms-robo

Edited by shazam

Man, these toys are making the Yamato toys feel like real bargains at their original MSRP... Cheaper and twice the size with tons of detail and disassembly ability. I had hoped Arcadia would make a smaller Scopedog like their Garland but Bandai and ThreeZero have scratched that itch.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a website that documents old Votoms releases? I would like to go back and clean-up my scopedog posts and contain some historical information like release dates and prices. 

Does anyone own this Votoms Toy Collection book 

https://www.hlj.com/armored-trooper-votoms-real-toy-collection-mdw23728

I'm curious if it has a bunch of the data I would like in one easy spot. If I could confirm that I would be happy to grab a secondhand copy somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

Does anyone know of a website that documents old Votoms releases? I would like to go back and clean-up my scopedog posts and contain some historical information like release dates and prices. 

Does anyone own this Votoms Toy Collection book 

https://www.hlj.com/armored-trooper-votoms-real-toy-collection-mdw23728

I'm curious if it has a bunch of the data I would like in one easy spot. If I could confirm that I would be happy to grab a secondhand copy somewhere. 

Try this site:  https://timeldred.com/vintagevotomsproducts/