Guys, sorry if I ask a question which already got its answer but I didn't read the whole thread in order to avoid spoilers

I need to know a good (a.k.a. honnest/reliable) online seller which ships to Europe with UPS in order to get the latest Votoms complete set from US Manga Corps

I found one at DigitalEyes but it's out of stock and will remain unavailable because, I think, US Manga Corps is no longer active, isn't it? Or is it CPM instead?

I found another one at Amazon.com but with european customs it may be tricky to get it and for about 200$ (including shipping costs) I'd prefer to not waste my money, except if they accept to ship through UPS of course (but I didn't see anything on this point in their help sections...)

Again, sorry if this question has already been asked: just wanted to avoid spoilers. Do not hesitate to PM me if you have infos

Thanks in advance for any help :)

I've been wondering about the out of stock bit too. I bought it from a company who later told me it was out of stock and has since sent me several emails that they get more stock weekly and my order will eventually ship. This strikes me as odd since the item is undoubtedly out of production... I should probably demand my refund some time soon.

No, CPM is supposedly out of the red now, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'd contact rightstuf.com, as they say it's on order from manufacturer, and they're usually pretty good about dropping listings when something goes OOP.

Rightstuf... The boxset is 'On Order From Manufacturer' in there... Also isn't it this store which asks for a copy of your driver license? I think I tried to order something from them a while back but couldn't provide a valid docu (we don't use such thing in the same way than in the USA in my country), so...

Well, thanks anyway for the tip but if you have any other address it'll probably be more useful :)

Rightstuf... The boxset is 'On Order From Manufacturer' in there... Also isn't it this store which asks for a copy of your driver license? I think I tried to order something from them a while back but couldn't provide a valid docu (we don't use such thing in the same way than in the USA in my country), so...

Yes, if you're not shipping to your home address (they suggest you send everything to work... which I'm pretty sure is because they get the same B2B discount i do) then they make you jump through a ton of hoops to get what you ordered. Seriously, this store may have good prices but so far I've found them entirely lame in every other respect. I do appreciate their occasional emails letting me know they're still not shipping me my goods and all though. If there's a chance it will eventually come in then I guess I'll just keep waiting and not cancel yet.

Glad I pre-ordered direct from them last year then. These limited run classic anime releases are annoying. It took me months to track down the second Nadia collection from OVA, which I found just recently. Of course it's my own damn fault for not picking it up 2 years ago, but that's neither here nor there.

Somebody please show some pics of 1/12 or 1/18 Scopedogs !

I went and dug up and old thread I posted of a custom I did complete with ugly amateur photos. ;)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...amp;hl=scopedog

edit: link would help

Edited by Guppy

Peruzen Files? Certainly doesn't sound like a remake, at least. But I've only seen the TV series, and none of the OVA's (not to mention Mellowlink) so what do I know?

Sorry, I didn't mean this was an actual remake just that all the recent attempts at bringing old favourites back from the dead have been pretty lacklustre.

Sorry, I didn't mean this was an actual remake just that all the recent attempts at bringing old favourites back from the dead have been pretty lacklustre.

Oh there's reason to be cautious, that's for sure. I'm with you there. The only reason I'm the least bit optimistic about "Peruzen Files" is that VOTOMS is one of the few 80's anime greats that was never really milked, unlike Gundam. I'm hoping theres still some new ground to be covered. Plus Ryousuke Takahashi is returning to direct, which can't hurt.

Then again, he also did Gasaraki and Blue Gender, so for all we know this could be the equivalent of Votoms Zero, with all the metaphysical baggage included. :wacko:

Yoran Peruzen was the founder of the Red Shoulders, so my guess is that the new series takes place before the VOTOMS TV series and deals with their adventures.

I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who is working on the new series, and was told that the animators are repeatedly watching recent war movies like Saving Private Ryan to get the gritty feel of combat into their systems and into the new show. Keeping my hopes up.

• 2 weeks later...

In case you didn't notice, a torrent for the complete series is available at Tokyotosho... :rolleyes:

Good thing that i couldn't find a seller for the boxset finally :p

That's a shame you couldn't find one. The box set has some great extras like a guide book written by Tim Eldred.

I didn't lose all hopes yet :)

I'm actually somewhat of a Votoms virgin. I've liked the toys for quite a while but I've never seen any of the animations. I have no idea where to start. What's a good launch pad for everything Votoms?

Just get Central Park Medias complete series set in the big, shiny "ammo can" tin.

It's the orignal series, the longest and as mentioned the set comes with a book that gives details on all the followups/spinoff's etc

I'd never seen it either but I now knows enough to talk AT's! :lol:

Saw a Manga DVD box set on Amazon. Which is better, the Manga set or the CPM set?

What's the differences?

Manga Entertainment is part of Central Park Media, so it's possible you're seeing listings for the same thing. The item you want is ASIN #B000G2XU8G.
I believe much (if not all) of that guide book was reproduced in the R. Talsorian VOTOMS game, which should be pretty cheap to pick up on ebay.

The book contains a lot of additional information that wasn't in the RPG, such as information about side stories like Equal Ganeshis (probably misspelled). The RPG, incidentally, is included as a PDF on the bonus disc.

The new microman Ality with motorcycle is out courtesy of bbts and I thought I'd review it.

Microman Ality

Awesome figure, there's more articulation than the Chirico figure, a better color scheme, and awesome accessories. The figure comes with a cloak, rifle, and a vac-metal stand shaped like a dog-tag. The cloak needs to be fiddled with, but the effect is cool. He also comes with an extra head that is wearing some kind of binocular-goggles combo. The few weak points are the shoulder pad for the cloak, which needs to be stuck on with double-sided tape (provided). The face likeness is not really precise and the figure looks really boyish, but maybe that's how the character is.

Motorcycle

The bike is what really convinced me to buy this toy, it has a great color scheme and some serious detail. All of the storage containers are removable and able to open. There are a few peices like the mirrors and kickstand which have to be put on, but that's not a big deal to me. The figure has a hard time holding the handlebars and doesn't always sit right but it looks good enough. The bike can seperate from the sidecar and look cool all on it's own.

All in all I'd say it's an excellent toy, and I'd recommend it to anyone who already has the DMZ-01, they look great next to each other. And for less than half the price of the DMZ-01 I think it's a pretty good deal.

Just get Central Park Medias complete series set in the big, shiny "ammo can" tin.

It's the orignal series, the longest and as mentioned the set comes with a book that gives details on all the followups/spinoff's etc

I'd never seen it either but I now knows enough to talk AT's! :lol:

It's on it's way. Got it for $88 from a seller on Amazon. Hopefully it'll arrive by Saturday so I can escape the house to a friends place with my Votoms tin while the fiance is at home making wedding invitations with her friends. :ph34r:

That Ality with motorcycle is dang tempting. I'm guessing I'll want it even more after I watch the series.