Hi

Votoms is one of my favorite shows.I think it is a great show and the robots are clunky and realistic. I own two of yamato's scopedogs, the green and purple one. The purple one i got cheep from ebay with the parachute pack. I don't think i'll bother getting any more since they are more or less the same. I do have a marshydog and brutish dog model kits made by WAVE. I don't bother painting the figurines cause im not very good at painting people.

Had some fun with my two DMZs and the new camera tonight:

IPB Image

One thing I really like about the DMZ 'Dog is that it can lean back for that sliding-attack pose. I also like that the arm joints have absolutely no problems supporting the beefy AT rifle in any pose I care to put it in...

IPB Image

The much bulkier Strikedog can also achieve a similar pose, but I cheated a bit: I added ballast to the feet to help it balance better. The articulated claw-arm cannon is a simple but very fun gimmick. I'm especially impressed that the claw arm even managed to incorporate a spring-loaded 'arm-punch' as well.

IPB Image

The 1/18 size is just right... perfect to play around with when you don't want to just place them on a pedestal. I'd love to see more 1/18 Votoms 'irregulars' someday.

IPB Image

Turn-pick deployed! Deck 'em with a left hook + arm-punch, baby!

One thing I really like about the DMZ 'Dog is that it can lean back for that sliding-attack pose. I also like that the arm joints have absolutely no problems supporting the beefy AT rifle in any pose I care to put it in...

Yeah, thats why I find them very playable. If only the Yamato 1/48 valks had joints like that.

My favourite joint in the toy is still the ankle joint. Love the side-to-side motion.

Where did you get the Blue one from? I got my Greenie from CSC, didn't see the blue one on sale there.

its back up to 134.95. You can use this to save 20% though

coupon code: yearend2006

Wow, glad I got it when I could! Still hasn't arrived yet but that's fine... although when buying stuff online there's still a feeling of relief I get when it's actually in my possession.

Hey gang!

I've seen the Votoms 1/12 action figures at the Comic Con and was impressed of the size and details; each figure is a lot of plastic for the buck.

For a month now I've been checking out this topic and ebay...there's a seller on ebay "eToyer" who sells them at a reasonable price.

And just this passed week I've just discovered the 1/18 scale with the microman figure.

The 1/18 is really expensive, but very detailed with the figure. The 1/12 has great possibilities for customizing and addition of other accessories...and a little cheaper.

Which do you guys recommend as a better buy?

The 1/18 is really expensive, but very detailed with the figure. The 1/12 has great possibilities for customizing and addition of other accessories...and a little cheaper.

Which do you guys recommend as a better buy?

You mean you found the 1/12 cheaper then the 1/18? The 1/18 is at 10k yen, the 1/12 is about 15k yen. Unless you found a good deal on ebay?

I prefer the 1/18 due to the better pre-paint details plus I got mine cheap at about 70usd. The drawback is that right now, the 1/18 line only has 2 models and no accessories.

Alright, sounds good. Thanks Retracting Head Ter Ter.

I have only been looking on eBay. I am writing from Southern California, U.S. Ebay shows the 1/18 for an average of $160 USD (19,000 yen). 1/12s are available for $90 USD (10,700 yen)

I'll wait for a little bit...and maybe invest first on the whole series for $60 before making a purchase.

Thanks again!

I've got the 1/12, and for 90 USD, I'm almost tempted to grab another....I got mine for 130 (a bit much I know, but it was at a US comic store so I didn't care) and I love it... I've got the Round Mover set for mine, and I'm really hoping for the RSB Custom/Turbo Custom weapons sets with the waist guns, misile launcher and forarm cannon... cuz I've got a custom made set of decals from Devin of the sticker sheet so I can totoally do up my Scopey with decals, weathering, and a total model-esque make over.

I'm surprised the 1/18 is going for that much.... it looks really nice, but my feeling was I could just do it myself... guess not everyone is that way and is willing to pay for it.

Yeah, no need for regrets - we all buy toys with different expectations. The 1/12s are THE ultimate in details; I just like the 1/18s more for the greater emphasis on playability.

So far, the 1/18 DMZ line is pretty much confirmed in the various hobby mags for a third release: the all-green Scopedog II with 'Solid Shooter' bazooka and 'Round Mover' space-pack. Can't say I'm as eager to pick this one up... although I am intrigued by the new fully-articulated MG/PG style hands. That's something Yamato hasn't been able to get right... yet.

One thing to note for those who have not gotten their mitts on a 1/18 DMZ yet.

They feel almost like a completed model kit rather then a toy. From the materials used to the weight to the texture of the paint. It feels like a built up and painted model kit (one with dang good joints though) rather then a toy.

I think its mainly because the plastic used is identical to those of common injection plastic kits rather then the ABS or whatnot that Yamato uses.

Decide for yourself if its a good or bad thing. Its quite light for a toy of its size (but again, joints are GOOD). I suspect that it won't take drops as well as toys made of say ABS but I am not about to test the theory.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

I've got a problem with one of my yamato scopedogs, the right hand that holds the gun keeps falling of, i think the wrist joint must be worn down, but I've only changed hands once. :angry:

Edited by kung flu

Sorry guys, i must have grabbed the last Chirico figure from hobby search last month, But I'm sure WAVE are bringing out a Chirico and Fyana figure in the same scale as the yamato scopedog.

They might not fit in the scopedog, but they might look good Standing with them. I keep my Chirico out of the cockpit because you can hardly see him in the scopedog.

Rightstuf.com is sucking my testicles. First, their site instructs you to ship to your work so you'll be sure to get your item. They do warn you that doing this though may mean they'll have to verify your identity. So, I chose to have Votoms shipped to my work. 2 weeks later I get an email telling me they have to verify my identity. I figured an email back, a telephone call, maybe a faxed signature would get the job done. No, they basically need you to send them a vile of blood for DNA sequencing. So I tell them, okay, screw that, just ship it to my home. I get an email back thanking me and letting me know that my item will ship shortly. Another week goes by and I get an email "The item you've ordered is out of stock." Wow, rock on website, best.store.ever.

I can only imagine how long I'll be waiting for this product now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took a chance and bought the Strike dog. I was deathly afraid it would be just another repaint/recolored scopedog with a couple of new remolded parts... Lo and behold its about 95% new molding. Not only is it bigger in bulk and weight (well, maybe just a little) It actually improved in its design... I was impressed with the articulated helmet. It moves freely a full 280 degrees AND it doesnt fall off!!!

Its not without its faults though... the locking mechanisms that keep the shins from moving forward are weak on both legs (to go in its "down" mode).. atleast on mine anyway.. In fact, its rather floppy... Fixed it, Happy now.