• 3 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 1:10 AM, treatment said:

apparently, there is another Blu-ray (region-A) release of Armored Trooper VOTOMS from Section-23 scheduled for release today 8/11/2020:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089TXGNL2/

with the BrutishDog as the new cover:

81NgxOtTCAL._SL1280_.jpg.172270d2619fab327eba6a649497e728.jpg

9 discs "complete" collection.

Get this version if you missed out on the previous US bd-releases...

I had bought the other bluray releases that were plagued with a horrible video problem so I sold those and nabbed this new set and whew! The tv series is damn near close to bluray quality best I can tell. It was previously a standard def on blu release, but I swear I can clearly see film grain now. It's quite beautiful. Maiden Japan should have allowed people to swap their old discs, but this is definitely worth picking up even if you were burned by the previous release.

On 8/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, 100mega said:

I had bought the other bluray releases that were plagued with a horrible video problem so I sold those and nabbed this new set and whew! The tv series is damn near close to bluray quality best I can tell. It was previously a standard def on blu release, but I swear I can clearly see film grain now. It's quite beautiful. Maiden Japan should have allowed people to swap their old discs, but this is definitely worth picking up even if you were burned by the previous release.

Interesting.

I am tempted to dip again with this "newer" release to do a few comparo. 

Not anytime soon, tho.

:drinks:

On 8/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, 100mega said:

Just saw this comment over at amzn:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3EN23THIVI06R/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B089TXGNL2

Reviewed in the United States on August 18, 2020

While this set is much improved over the previous VOTOMs blu rays, the Pailsen Files disc was incorrectly authored: The disc is flagged as 4:3 when it should be 16:9. This means the image is squished and your only hope is that your tv can stretch the image out to make it look right but this will make the subtitles look wrong. Shame that Sentai let this error happen and as of this time they have no plans to correct it. 

Is that true?

Edited by treatment

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, jenius said:

I can pass on that pretty easily.

Yeah, the whole point of "super-deformed" features is to make the character look childish and cute, not obese and ungainly... :blink:

Epic fail, Cavico. <_<

I wasn’t super excited til I noticed that they come with little dudes. Are these gonna be about the same height as the other hmr toys? Just curious since the pilots have joints and was wondering about scale and overall height. The pilots do look simpler than sh figuarts, so I figure they are a smaller scale.

33 minutes ago, Big s said:

I wasn’t super excited til I noticed that they come with little dudes. Are these gonna be about the same height as the other hmr toys? Just curious since the pilots have joints and was wondering about scale and overall height. The pilots do look simpler than sh figuarts, so I figure they are a smaller scale.

hmmm.

image.thumb.png.4718beae97c91fa78bb88293835beea9.png

Prolly about the same height as the HM-R Dougram-line,

Scale-wise, looks like a fatter 1/35  to accomodate the pilot.  A bit better proportioned than the old 35Max's, at least.

Or Bandai could be more aggressive and made it 1/28 to directly compete against Artstorm's b2Five Votoms-line...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...