I bought both of the first ones, doing my little bit to support the series of releases so that we will hopefully get Mellowlink, but I'm a little disappointed that there's still no word on that coming...

1 hour ago, jenius said:

The ova discs will be in my wishlist, I don't see a reason to replace my ammo can release for the series 

You might want to check if those dvd's are still playable.

I've had some of my old dvd's (anime and otherwise) giving me playback issues for whatever reason nowadays.

11 hours ago, treatment said:

You might want to check if those dvd's are still playable.

I've had some of my old dvd's (anime and otherwise) giving me playback issues for whatever reason nowadays.

DVD's begin to degrade after some time...

Little information is available for CD-ROM and DVD-ROM discs (including audio and video), resulting in an increased level of uncertainty for their life expectancy. Expectations vary from 20 to 100 years for these discs.

The older the DVD, the worse LE I would expect the discs to have... gotta go check some of my OG Collection now...

Edited by slide

Hi all started collecting votoms from about a year ago here's the collection 

Yx4K7rd.jpg

1/144 1/48 1/20

lARCqa1.jpg wanted to paint the pilot to look more realistic

JJ77Spm.jpg here's a few of the actic gear

Yeah I agree, said to myself I'll just buy one to see what's the fuss about. Now have more than this but the rest have to stay in boxes as I  only have limited shelf space at the moment.

I adore my Actic Gear collection. Still looking for some of the event exclusives. I also adore my CM's vinyl collection Patlabor toys... just missing one of the Tsaiyo variants to complete it. Sadly, I couldn't even tell you which box they're in in storage... 

1 hour ago, Keq said:

That's an awesome collection Tekering, has anyone had any luck on importing the bandai 1/20 scopedog turbo last red shoulder kit.

What do you mean?

I have the 1/20 LRS Turbo Custom.  Got it from Mandarake years ago.

Yeah. Shipping to the US is a bitch for it.  Think it was 5200yen or so when I got it.

As such, it's usually offered at ami and mandarake in opened/slight-box-damage condition.

I just saw both the LRS TC and the recent Sansa Red Shoulder TC over there right now at both sites. 

Fwiw, think Bandai cheaped out by making the turbo-heels not wheels on the TC.

Also, the feet spikes are solid single mould part as well.

Quite unlike the separate-pieces/movable spikes of the regular non-turbo 'dogs.

Edited by treatment

that's were I seen them at ,just the shipping options said there not  available on mandarake (that's were I buy most of the votoms from there and Jungle but it's offline ATM for English anyways)

2 hours ago, Keq said:

that's were I seen them at ,just the shipping options said there not  available on mandarake (that's were I buy most of the votoms from there and Jungle but it's offline ATM for English anyways)

Are you in the US or elsewhere?  It may depend on which country they can ship to.

fwiw, I'm in the US so the kits are usually shipped via EMS or DHL only, and gets really pricey quickly.

Only the Sahra store gives out shipping-fees cost before actually placing your order. 

The others usually don't and/or only after you actually placed the order.

At any rate, here's the 8k-yen from the Sapporo store:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1112217209&lang=en

There's another LRS at the Complex store for 9k-yen.

add/edit:

Sahra, Shibuya, and Kokura stores has the recent Sansa Red Shoulder for 10k-yen:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1097260618&lang=en

add/edit2:

Here are ami's links (they're a bit more pricey since they add tokyo-tax on their items) :

LRS with turbo-sack pack: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=TOY-RBT-4125-R

LRS without the turbo-sack pack: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=TOY-RBT-4156-R

Sansa Red Shoulder: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=TOY-RBT-4938-R

Sansa Red Shoulder with bonus clear-file: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=TOY-RBT-4678-R

and they even have the Space Dog kit: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=TOY-RBT-4576-R

Edited by treatment

11 minutes ago, Keq said:

Australia,the one from Sapporo is the one i was eyeing ,thanks for all that .Keeping my eye out for the Actic gear brutish dog too

Oh you're in Oz.

Yeah. You guys got some new restrictive laws and stuff about imports that the Mandarake shops most likely don't want to deal with anymore. I think Sahra had a 2k-yen Actic Gear Brutish Dog recently, too.

It's a bummer.

I think Ami-ami is possibly the only shop that will still ship these particular LRS kits to you, albeit very very expensively most likely.

1 hour ago, Keq said:

ah that would explain it thanks

heres the small collection of VOTOMS at the moment

ropTmY0.jpg

Excellent collection.

Hope you do find some other reasonable shops to import your ACs if the Manda-shops don't work out.

Also, iirc, I think there were a couple or so other VOTOMS-fans/collectors based in Oz who will have better information than me on where to get stuff into Oz.  Just can't remember their nicknames anymore.

Thanks, in no rush on collecting them all at once just buy them when the time and price is right

That comes with the actic gear special magazine

BOiGLis.jpg

Edited by Keq

Anyone built the 1/35 PS version wave kits and have a review on the kit?

Also how do the Takara DMZ toy compare to the bandai 1/20 kit,is it worth the extra coin?

Edited by Keq

4 hours ago, Keq said:

Anyone built the 1/35 PS version wave kits and have a review on the kit?

Also how do the Takara DMZ toy compare to the bandai 1/20 kit,is it worth the extra coin?

too lazy to take pics myself, but here's an old classic pic from some fan regarding the various scaling of the available 'Dogs back then:

52825689201202161348168604923104060_010.jpg.0caea76398cd68b012c20aa42b172d3e.jpg

Cheers for that do you own any of the wave PS kits 

If so what's the pros and cons of them,hope that makes sense as I can't find any reviews for the wave kits as I would like to get some if there any good 

59 minutes ago, Keq said:

Cheers for that do you own any of the wave PS kits 

If so what's the pros and cons of them,hope that makes sense as I can't find any reviews for the wave kits as I would like to get some if there any good 

I don't have any of the Wave kits so I'm in the dark as you regarding them.

Keq, I have all the wave kits that have come out. They’re all in various stages of building or painting. I love them, but as far as cons, they’re almost more of an older style kit than a modern Bandai gundam. Some have hollow spaces that look better filled with putty and there are some seam lines as well. The other downside is the price. I love the design, so I was willing to pay, but I can see the average builder skipping them. The other downside is the waiting game between the standard release and ps version that will be able to do the down form and will include the pilot  and seat. Another downer is that there are exposed pollycaps in some joints. They’re not highly noticeable in most cases.

on the plus side if you’re willing to spend some time on them they look nice and wave finally released a water slide decal set for all the available kits. There’s a lot of surface details that will look great with washes.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the upcoming OVA 2 Blu-ray release, it's still at $40, and it's only 290 minutes (though it looks like this one is legitimately all HD).

The first (tv eps.) one was 1630 minutes, for $25, with OVA 1 being 595 minutes and currently at $18 (I paid $35... so much for pre-ordering).

I appreciate getting high def and not just standard def on a Blu-ray disc, but this seems a bit excessive.

Is there a listing for OVA2 already? I'm curious about that.  I figure once I get through my Patlabor Blu-Rays these will be the next thing I purchase (but I'm only watching like one Patlabor episode a month so it's going to take a while).

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Is there a listing for OVA2 already? I'm curious about that.  I figure once I get through my Patlabor Blu-Rays these will be the next thing I purchase (but I'm only watching like one Patlabor episode a month so it's going to take a while).

Yes sir.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/6317849846/

It was $60 when it first listed 3 or 4 weeks ago, then went down to $40 recently.

However, seeing how OVA 1 is now down to $18, I might wait a bit. I paid $35, even with the preorder price guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...