On 7/7/2018 at 10:49 AM, treatment said:

Hopefully they get the remastered-version of the TV-series, as they had noticably better colors and stuff than my old CPM ammo-box dvds.

Hope they also got the OVAs. At least the LRS, ROA, and SH titles.

I read another article that mentioned the OVAs also so we may be in luck.

Edited by jenius

Looks like that fansub site did get a cease and desist.

And looks like sentai has it all...except for Mellowlink. Really?!?! I can't stand American licensors anymore...Discotek just screwed everyone with the Dub-only Lupin release, Sentai just screwed LOGH fans with forcing it all into a single print uber box that is rather absurdly priced, now they have Votoms without Mellowlink...what a bunch of a-holes...

Also look forward to a $800+ single box set only release because it doesn't have 12 year old panty shots in it so they have no idea how to sell it to modern pedo-anime fans.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Griffon said:

Looks like that fansub site did get a cease and desist.

And looks like sentai has it all...except for Mellowlink. Really?!?! I can't stand American licensors anymore...Discotek just screwed everyone with the Dub-only Lupin release, Sentai just screwed LOGH fans with forcing it all into a single print uber box that is rather absurdly priced, now they have Votoms without Mellowlink...what a bunch of a-holes...

Also look forward to a $800+ single box set only release because it doesn't have 12 year old panty shots in it so they have no idea how to sell it to modern pedo-anime fans.

So for starters, Discotek is releasing subbed Lupin IV later this year, the separation is due to licensing restrictions.

LOTGH has been released so insanely due to Japanese licensing restrictions, no American company would willingly screw such a release.

And lastly, Votoms will have a non-astronomically priced release, despite having it's share of fanserice. If Mellowlink is the deal breaker for you, sucks to be you. Us rational fans will just accept that it has a separate production license, and may show up later.

I recall hearing that they lost the masters to Mellowlink many years ago so releasing a quality blu ray may be out of the picture (that might just be an old rumor though). I doubt Maiden Japan will release Votoms at a crazy price, their Patlabor blu rays aren't crazy high in price and that's a niche series as well.

• 3 months later...

So after a listing on eBay I did some research on Yamato's Scopedog + Red Shoulder Parts gift-set and learned something I never new before.... I always assumed that since it was released after the Version 2 Red Shoulder standalone toy that the toy included in that gift-set would be a version 2. Well, it's not! The toy inside is the same Scopedog that Yamato originally released. I saw the box was the old style box and then found the HLJ listing which made it clear you don't get a version 2 toy with the gift-set. Sooo.... had to make some edits to my page and created this new visual release schedule:

Yamato-Scopedog-18-4K.jpgIf anyone has the Red Shoulder gift-set (last one on the right), I would love to hit you up for some pictures! Let me know!

On 10/19/2018 at 10:39 PM, jenius said:

So after a listing on eBay I did some research on Yamato's Scopedog + Red Shoulder Parts gift-set and learned something I never new before.... I always assumed that since it was released after the Version 2 Red Shoulder standalone toy that the toy included in that gift-set would be a version 2. Well, it's not! The toy inside is the same Scopedog that Yamato originally released. I saw the box was the old style box and then found the HLJ listing which made it clear you don't get a version 2 toy with the gift-set. Sooo.... had to make some edits to my page and created this new visual release schedule:

Yamato-Scopedog-18-4K.jpgIf anyone has the Red Shoulder gift-set (last one on the right), I would love to hit you up for some pictures! Let me know!

Wow!

Version-1, huh?

That's really good to know.

It's been showing up randomly at Mandy around 40k-yen the last couple of months.

The RS-parts-only showed up last month, but Mandy's still scalping it for 18k-yen.

I just need the RS-parts-only, but am not willing to pay that scalper-pricing.

• 1 month later...

Yeah.

That's a weird marketing description.

The only "movie" I know of was the Pailsen Files compilation.

The rest are OVAs. 

Unless they mean compiling the one-ep OVAs (LRS/BB/RoA/AA) with the alt-uni (Irvine/Finder) stuff.

Need more clarification.  ANN seems to be offline at the moment...

:unknw:

There are only the three OVAs that seem to make sense as being part of this bundle and if they're included i'll probably pick it up:
Big Battle
The Last Red Shoulder
Roots of Ambition
I have the ammo can version of the DVDs (which I adore) but they don't include the OVAs, I got them elsewhere but I'm guessing the quality would be higher here. 

I wonder if these compilation movies are clip show 'episodes' to get viewers who hadn't seen the first X episodes up to speed? 

• 1 month later...

amz updated their po-page with what seems to be finalized pics of the bd-covers and some screenshots:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/631764232X

however, the covers still don't give details or titles of the "6 compilation movies" it's including.

votoms-bd-front-cover.jpg.205ab5bec598460bfe73fd00c5315b2f.jpg

votoms-bd-back-cover.jpg.4e9851978033134fe2bccee5770d1fea.jpg

At any rate, the remastered TV-episodes should be still be nice to get. Especially if you missed out on the now-ancient CPM ammo-box dvd-release.

Currently down to US$33.19 po-pricing and a March-release. 

• 4 weeks later...

While we wait for Jenius if will ever get his 1/12 Melkia (and if issues-free, too) from threezero to review, found these rather recent yt-reviews (sept/2018) of the classic Takara 1/18 DMZs from a japanese fan.  Not from wotafa, tho.

Japanese-audio only.

Scopedog DMZ-01:

Turbo-Custom Scopedog DMZ-05:

Dude's got some other interesting toy-reviews (chogokins, etc) in his channel, too.

Edited by treatment

48 minutes ago, jenius said:

Did that Melkia start shipping yet? I haven't heard a peep.

Thought you would've already has some first-hand info about it.

Their website lists the Melkia in the Jan/2019 shipping-schedule:

https://www.threezerohk.com/shipping-schedule/

January 2019

Game of Thrones – Arya Stark
Game Of Thrones – White Walker
Armored Trooper Votoms Scopedog (Melquiya color) & Parachute Sack

February 2019

The Walking Dead – Glenn Rhee

Just saw this posted over at TFW:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/votoms-toys-kits-pic-heavy.162454/page-9#post-16568030

b2five's offering:

https://b2fiveshop.com/collections/votoms

V1_Main_600x600.jpg.218f7cbdc92a3fda2d55c43501920c40.jpg

V2_Main_600x600.jpg.fef51512b6e260c3f055310130b71b21.jpg

VS_600x600.jpg.20d445015e60560f87e6184604e0bdc2.jpg

C3_NEW_600x600.jpg.94abccd5c4fb097c27ab17366bacbf17.jpg

V4_d0c0920a-88f5-4a56-803d-aa0117789cbc_600x600.jpg.04a49d2d06807ccd266ef0835995c93f.jpg

all_parts_005c3257-92da-4c4e-9d6b-e47e817f0001_600x600.jpg.8fa3dadbcb6bec3271cd77cce41b21ba.jpg

All_parts_151c2f1d-424a-42b9-8920-aaeab8cd5709_600x600.jpg.f4d1c5844d3fe004ecbd3c4c61e6cdb3.jpg

Looks ok and very nice, indeed. Hopefully they do come pre-painted and stuff.

Although the 'dogs biceps looks more Shining Heresy/Pailsen Files styles than the original TV-style.

1/28, huh? Intriguing.

Hopefully it gets offered by amz-jp and at the regular japan-shops.

edit:

uhmm, they need to do/re-do more work on Fyana...

F1_600x600.jpg.6d445fd7491c73fda28179cafe94f783.jpg

:(

Edited by treatment
updated...

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, dizman said:

It took them longer than I was expecting but the first OVA BD just popped up for pre order. Looks like it will be all the standalone OVA and Pailsen Files maybe?

Right Stuf Link

Amazon Link

Nice!

I reckon OVA-2 will contain the native BD-versions of PF-movie, AA, Phantom Arc, and the parallel-uni tiles Case:Irvine and Votoms Finder.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for those with the Bandai 1/20 scopedog kits...

I'm thinking of someday doing some weathering on it. Do I apply some sort of coating on it before I put on the stickers? I'm probably only going to use the weathering sets from Tamiya, then a top coat (flat? any brand recommendations?). I want to avoid using paint (or anything else more complicated than the weathering sets).

I already assembled the kit, but I like to enjoy it for now in its 'fresh off the factory' look. So I haven't applied the stickers yet and it's still in its original box.

I would gloss coat parts that need decals before and after applying them. You can then do the weathering either over the gloss for a more clean look or dull coat it for a more gritty look. Then seal it with dull coat. Those kits actually look great out of the box.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I would gloss coat parts that need decals before and after applying them. You can then do the weathering either over the gloss for a more clean look or dull coat it for a more gritty look. Then seal it with dull coat. Those kits actually look great out of the box.

OK thanks! I actually like handling the Bandai scopedog because it's chunky and doesn't feel fragile. If it wasn't expensive and the box so big (compared to the kits I usually buy), I'd have bought more variants of them! And I really love the box art! I wonder who the artist is.

7 hours ago, hachi said:

Question for those with the Bandai 1/20 scopedog kits...

I'm thinking of someday doing some weathering on it. Do I apply some sort of coating on it before I put on the stickers? I'm probably only going to use the weathering sets from Tamiya, then a top coat (flat? any brand recommendations?). I want to avoid using paint (or anything else more complicated than the weathering sets).

I already assembled the kit, but I like to enjoy it for now in its 'fresh off the factory' look. So I haven't applied the stickers yet and it's still in its original box.

If you want to add some weathering effect, let's say on the feet and knees area with some dirt, oil, and grime look, try to apply semi-gloss coat on the kit first after you applied the decals. Semi-gloss coat is much better if you want weather effect afterwards, so you can still have that 'fresh off the factory' look rather than using pure gloss which will make the kit look like a toy. And topcoat is always needed before weathering to protect the decals. And after you apply the weathering effect, you can apply matte finish topcoat on the said effect area. I'm pretty sure there's an alternative matte coat that you can brush rather than spray so you won't overspray to the parts where you didn't apply weathering effects.

Anyways, hope that helps. ;)

Just opened my threezero Melkia Scopedog. I ordered the deluxe version but my retailer told me they couldn't get it and gave me a refund and a retail version. I love the look of these toys... but the first time I stood up the melkia it was obvious it had a foot problem. Sure enough, on close inspection, the foot was cracked in EXACTLY the same way as my first retail green Scopedog. When I tried to get a better look at the crack the foot fell off entirely. $450 and this company still can't afford metal joints.