13 hours ago, jenius said:

Anybody know the story behind these:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1075119044&ref=list

It looks like TakaraTomy made parts available (mail order? at stores?) to make some sort of change to the Strike Dog Actic Gear toy.

I saw it before and thought I was just somebody selling the AGV18's Strikedog separately.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to update my post with an epic arm failure pic of the 3zero when I have a moment. It's gorgeous and well engineered but they need to pay way better attention to materials. It's relegated to a delicately handled display piece that may still require maintenance.

Edited by jenius

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 3:36 AM, treatment said:

Scaling is fine

Communication requires a common vocabulary; we have to agree on what words mean.  Either you're confused as to the concept of "scale," or you confused as to the meaning of "fine."

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Nfycs62l.jpg

Ah, just as I figured.  You have no concept of "scale."  <_<

52 minutes ago, tekering said:

Communication requires a common vocabulary; we have to agree on what words mean.  Either you're confused as to the concept of "scale," or you confused as to the meaning of "fine."

Ah, just as I figured.  You have no concept of "scale."  <_<

I'm using the weight-scale from the Battletech-universe to display the UnSeen mechs.  I even put out the links on it.

You are aware of the Battletech universe, right?

The last pic with the SOC and SDF-1 was just an amalgamated display thing that I thought looks nice enough before I move the items somewhere else in my house.

Edited by treatment

11 minutes ago, treatment said:

I'm using the weight-scale from the Battletech-universe to display the UnSeen mechs.  I even put out the links on it.

You are aware of the Battletech universe, right?

See, this is what I meant by "a common vocabulary."  In Votoms, the mechs (including their cockpits) are clearly Seen:

5a447261d8c64_Scopedogcockpit.thumb.jpg.7970eff3122c09739343882b127fa656.jpg

I don't even know what "weight-scale" is, but it obviously doesn't apply to the Scopedog.

It turns out we won't be able to communicate after all.  :(

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Simmer down Tekering. How tall is an Atlas? I assume it's much larger than a Scopedog in the Votoms universe.

It is definitely much larger than the Scopedog in Votoms.

edit: OT, but here's something that could give you an idea regarding the height: https://youtu.be/OJZnejcp-qo

33 minutes ago, tekering said:

See, this is what I meant by "a common vocabulary."  In Votoms, the mechs (including their cockpits) are clearly Seen:

5a447261d8c64_Scopedogcockpit.thumb.jpg.7970eff3122c09739343882b127fa656.jpg

I don't even know what "weight-scale" is, but it obviously doesn't apply to the Scopedog.

It turns out we won't be able to communicate after all.  :(

:sigh:

Not really sure why you're arguing "scale" when you clearly have no idea the reason for my pic in the first place.

It's quite ok to admit to not know about Battletech. Only a few of us here are familiar with it, and we prolly don't even agree on stuff about it.

I tell you what.

Why don't you just post your own Votoms toys/kits instead of trying to argue over the internet?

Much more fun to just post pics and stuff.

Edited by treatment

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jenius said:

My 5Pro Studios Votoms review is up on anymoon.com!

Medicom-5Pro-Scopedog-12.jpg

Nice stuff!  Tho their Fyana seems to went amok with the donuts.

Looks and performs alot better than the upcoming Bandai 1/60 gashapons or whatever that'll actually be.

Good that some other companies are still developing stuff for the VOTOMS series.

Hope GSC decides to do Nendoroid ATs and characters to compete with this line...

I spent some time today updating my Yamato 1/12 review.... trying to make it more of a Wiki as well as a review. Got pictures of the boxes up and the contents, etc. I've also started doing something that I hope people will find helpful. I've started putting complete scans of the instruction manuals into the review. 

In case anyone was like me and put off getting the wave berserga desert type until the ps version came out, the preorder is up finally. Seriously how much trouble is it to at least add a chair and pilot. So like the other ps versions this has the downform joints a seat and pilot, in this case  sitting Fyana.

Anyone have an extra agV20? I thought I had one pre-ordered but I was wrong. 

I think Arcadia should do a line of 1/24 action figures and then resurrect the votoms license in that scale. It would jive with their Megazone toys and they could do Macross stuff, maybe patlabor also...

• 5 weeks later...

I got my bloodsuckers also, but I ran out of time to assemble the scopedog turbo that was included. It was nice that they included the damage parts and ypsillon. The parts around the sides of the head were a bit loose, so I glued them on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...