• 1 month later...

Just saw that preorders are up for another set of arctic gear figures. A 4 pack for the god planet quent episodes and it looks fairly complete. It's been a while since I've watched but I think it's everything. Fully loaded scopedog, rabidly dog, zwerg and the berserga desert version.

not many zwerg items have been produced over the decades.

Edited by Big s
Looks like the red shoulder scopedog oddly enough and Hlj says you get 2 zwergs

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 3:39 PM, Big s said:

Just saw that preorders are up for another set of arctic gear figures. A 4 pack for the god planet quent episodes and it looks fairly complete. It's been a while since I've watched but I think it's everything. Fully loaded scopedog, rabidly dog, zwerg and the berserga desert version.

not many zwerg items have been produced over the decades.

Are these arctic gear figures pre-painted? How's the quality? Never had arctic gear stuff before.

9 hours ago, Big s said:

They're prepainted other than some don't have painted pilots. They're pretty tough for their tiny size. Mostly hard abs plastic and a lot of fun for palm sized action. They would probably make for really cool table top game pieces.

Sounds good. If Tomytec discontinues their Macross Gimix line I'm strongly considering buying these. And then maybe selling off my Bandai kit as my free space is getting  smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

They did the Purple Bear as part of the AG-N line. I was just suggesting an AG-EX release with a Purple Bear/Strong Bacchus since they're together so much in the first arch. If they're into AGEX being four packs they could add the regular Scopedog and Brutishdog to round everything out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had some time to quick-build my 1/20 Votoms Scopedog RSC and here be some pics and stuff:

http://imgur.com/7NI03bs

7NI03bsl.jpg

http://imgur.com/IlQpl7d

IlQpl7dl.jpg

http://imgur.com/VBYBbsj

VBYBbsjl.jpg

http://imgur.com/TgT5Ia0

TgT5Ia0l.jpg

I was planning on making an Atlas out of it, but it's a bit too small for it to scale with my HMRs and 1/60 Destroids.

Not sure if the 1/18 will scale better, but I know the 1/12 are a bit way too large. They're nice, tho...

Atlas was the weird one from battletech after they got sued and had to make their own designs for a change.

Any way, that bandai kit really is great out of box with a little weathering. I think the only thing that needed paint was the pilot if I recall.

30 minutes ago, jenius said:

Forgive my ignorance, what's an Atlas?

The Battletech version of the Scopedog...

769px-14q9hiadaora3isvxie43823b6fwbgp.pn

19 minutes ago, Big s said:

Atlas was the weird one from battletech after they got sued and had to make their own designs for a change.

Any way, that bandai kit really is great out of box with a little weathering. I think the only thing that needed paint was the pilot if I recall.

Nahh, they didn't get sued with it.  It was not part of the Unseen/Reseen shenanigans.

As such, yeah.   This 1/20 RSC is a very easy kit.  Paneling is nice, but not really needed.

Only the standing Chirico and Vanilla figures need some coloring (paint or otherwise). Ok, the ladder, too, if you want.

Edited by treatment

What I meant was that the atlas was one of the first designs that wasn't directly from another property, although it's definitely inspired by other things. Sorry for any confusion.

Any way it's been a while since I built that awesome scopedog kit. I think I got lazy and only sanded the mold lines and put the waterslide decals on, weathered it with a quick oil wash and flat coated it. I eventually painted the figures though. Really was nothing, but fun.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, hachi said:

Looks great I just don't have the $$$ (and the space) for it.

Me too. That's why I'm just looking at those pictures. Hehehe. :lol:

I'm just happy with what I have which is 1/18 DMZ's which IMHO is a good size to display besides our 1/60 Valk collections. ^_^

Excited to get the threezero version this month. Selling off some masterpiece tf stuff as that line kinda lost me with the endless kos and reissues.There is a review by some random guy on comicswow!... He has no idea what votoms is. Sad. It seems to have vastly better joints than the yamoto pos. Wish I'd spring for the weathered one.

Looks like this got pushed back to late Sept instead of this month. Mang. It's been pushed back several times.

Edited by Capedbaldy

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up mine from a local hobby shop recently, and took it out for a spin.

It is in my humble opinion the best 1/12 Scopedog toy ever made.. possibly the best Scopedog ever, but I don't have the other toy lines to compare it with.

I usually detest the very lousy articulation 3A and ThreeZero figures have, but given the design of the Scopedog, I gotta say this blew me away. I could actually have him hold the rifle with BOTH hands (albeit via the foldable handle bar). The joints are nicely ratcheted and tight as with all threezero toys, and his fingers are all individually articulated and pretty tight, keeping a firm grip on the machine gun (which by the way, comes with an actual adjustable fabric rifle sling!).

I hope to have a little more play time with him to see if I can get him to squat down in dog mode or whatever it's called (I'm not the most avid fan, but I love the design and the lore enough)

Wonder if the Yamato parts can fit onto this big boy... at least the weapons expansion pack I got will fit nicely for sure. 

On 7/28/2017 at 5:09 AM, SaitouSad said:

I just picked up mine from a local hobby shop recently, and took it out for a spin.

It is in my humble opinion the best 1/12 Scopedog toy ever made.. possibly the best Scopedog ever, but I don't have the other toy lines to compare it with.

I usually detest the very lousy articulation 3A and ThreeZero figures have, but given the design of the Scopedog, I gotta say this blew me away. I could actually have him hold the rifle with BOTH hands (albeit via the foldable handle bar). The joints are nicely ratcheted and tight as with all threezero toys, and his fingers are all individually articulated and pretty tight, keeping a firm grip on the machine gun (which by the way, comes with an actual adjustable fabric rifle sling!).

I hope to have a little more play time with him to see if I can get him to squat down in dog mode or whatever it's called (I'm not the most avid fan, but I love the design and the lore enough)

Wonder if the Yamato parts can fit onto this big boy... at least the weapons expansion pack I got will fit nicely for sure. 

Hey that's great to hear. I've very stoked to get mine. From the videos I saw the jointing system seemed pretty modern. I have no experience with 3A/zero so I'm hoping for the best.

I originally thought it was the same sculpt and maybe they bought it from Yamato but if you look closely you can tell it's at least a redesign. Their are lots of changes in diemensions like the shoulders being larger and the calf being smaller ect.

Looks like the yamato figures will fit fore sure. and I would imagine the guns would too, though they wouldn't be painted to the same standard.

DF6ekjzV0AAIjD4.jpg