1/48 Transformation

1 VF-1 2NV

Sorry Mods :D !

I've finally succumbed. I finally got my first 1/48 yammie, the vf-1s to be exact. I'm in awe of it's shape and weight. Damn it's light. Anyway I haven't tried to transform it yet...I eventually will. This is where I ask all MW owners of the 1/48 yammie to tell me what to be careful with when I'm transforming it between fighter, gerwalk, and battroid. Thanks !

Most fragile areas are the backpack hinge, the head lasers and the heatshield.

All of what was said here plus one last thing...enjoy your new 1/48 (trust me it won't be your last)

Oh yeah, and the "be gentle" advice has no application to your pocketbook... ;)

I dont really think the 1/48 is too bad in this area, unlike the 1/60. I never checked hte online guide or even the instructions except once or twice just to be safe (but wasn't headed into danger territory anyway). Course, I had been following the threads and previews here on MW, too...

The 1/60, OTOH, I could have easily broken if I hadn't d/l the vids and searched some threads. ;)

My advice - transform ONCE! :lol: This is pretty much the case with my 1/48's. My 1/48 VF-1S Roy is in battroid mode, the VF-1A Hikaru is in Gerwalk mode and the super-ultra-cool low viz is in fighter mode, and Max is in fighter mode. Messing with each one once was enough for me!

Just got mine today. :D Just transformed it thru the 3 modes.  Just one question is the heatsheild supposed to be a pain to get out?

Trust me I was as gentle as I could be.

it was tough in the beginning but after doing it for a few times, you'll eventually figure out how to pull it out and push it back in. B) it's after all very easy.

Edited by Toonz

Just got mine today. :D Just transformed it thru the 3 modes.  Just one question is the heatsheild supposed to be a pain to get out?

it was tough in the beginning but after doing it for a few times, you'll eventually figure out how to pull it out and push it back in. B) it's after all very easy.

Yeah, I had trouble too. The thing that really gives me the most trouble, though, is the arms.

Yeah, I had trouble too. The thing that really gives me the most trouble, though, is the arms.

the arms? why?

you are not able to rotate them out?

Also. When the Valkyrie is in Battroid mode you'll notice two small hinges you're supposed to open up (they're close by the arm pit area). Don't matter fidling with them.....they NEVER stay in place. :ph34r:

I had a hell of a time getting the arms to set securely in fighter mode. I kept thinking that they were supposed to snap into the "base of the valk like they do on the Bandais. Let me save you a lot of pushing/pulling, and staring in wonder at just where the hell they are supposed to snap into!

They don't!

The arms are held together and up inside the valk by a variety of holes/pegs/tabs/slots. And it actually works really well. . . but it took me a while to accept this and stop trying to get those arms to "snap" into the body of the fighter.

Good Luck! I've transformed mine probably three-four times each. . . and never had a problem. Don't sweat it too much!

Best Regards,

I can do it, but I have to pull and push the arm swingbars to clear certain parts.

to ease the difficulty, simply lift up the legs swing bars and then bring the arms out. its much easier that way.

I know, but it's so much more fun to do it the way it looks in the show!

true true :D:lol:

I had a hell of a time getting the arms to set securely in fighter mode. I kept thinking that they were supposed to snap into the "base of the valk like they do on the Bandais. Let me save you a lot of pushing/pulling, and staring in wonder at just where the hell they are supposed to snap into!

They don't!

The arms are held together and up inside the valk by a variety of holes/pegs/tabs/slots. And it actually works really well. . . but it took me a while to accept this and stop trying to get those arms to "snap" into the body of the fighter.

Good Luck! I've transformed mine probably three-four times each. . . and never had a problem. Don't sweat it too much!

Best Regards,

Yeah, the arms in fighter mode has been the hardest part for me. I kind of wish there was something more than just the pins into the sides of the legs holding them up, though. Swing the legs down and they get droopy, which stinks because I like the armless GERWALK look.

Yeah I kinda got mad when I transformed into the armless GERWALK and the arms started flopping around and I just kept going. I don't know if its just me, but when in fighter mode and you have the gunpod hooked to the bottom does it kinda droop down?

Yeah I kinda got mad when I transformed into the armless GERWALK and the arms started flopping around and I just kept going. I don't know if its just me, but when in fighter mode and you have the gunpod hooked to the bottom does it kinda droop down?

In fighter mode, the pegs on the legs should lock into the indentions of the arms. The arms also lock together, with or without the gunpod mounted. Thus, there should be no droopidge in fighter mode.

• 3 months later...

[i originally posted this in a thread about the 1/60 backpack by mistake]

I've got a question. I've been collecting the 1/48 Yamatos since the release of the Max 1A (I hesitated at first). I've only just recently applied FAST packs to one in battroid mode. I realize that normally in battroid mode, the backpack folds up in a "locked" position. I just wanted to make sure: this isn't possible when the FAST packs are on right? That is, if you slide the backpack all the way up with the FAST packs on, the little flippy-do catch that's supposed to support the weight of the FAST packs can't reach the tab in the backpack that it's supposed to lock into. So the backpack stays a little lower with the FAST packs then it would without, right?

Edited by Draykov

there is absolutly no difference between FP or no FP. Every thing is exactly the same.

Only the center of gravity is different (it goes in the back with FP attached) and the position of the battroid is different but it is related to the legs.

I didn't understand your question but I think my answer is still good :)

hehe

there is absolutly no difference between FP or no FP. Every thing is exactly the same.

Only the center of gravity is different (it goes in the back with FP attached) and the position of the battroid is different but it is related to the legs.

I didn't understand your question but I think my answer is still good :)

hehe

Well, Göönk, I appreciate the effort, but I guess I'm not making myself clear. I'm referring to the position of the backpack specifically. If I position it in the "locked" position (high position), it sits too high for the little latch to catch on to it, and therefore, when FAST packs are attached it causes the backpack to flop back from the weight.

The hinge still reaches the backplate. You are missing a crucial step in the transformation where the backplate does something you don't expect - it locked INWARDS toward the Valkyrie instead of being pulled out. Just push it in until it clicks on two tabs so it is indented. That locks the arm tighter and keeps the fastpacks tighter.

To clarify: The latch in the picture won't clasp onto the backpack when it's in the high position.

post-4-1072056850_thumb.jpg

Edited by Draykov

The hinge still reaches the backplate. You are missing a crucial step in the transformation where the backplate does something you don't expect - it locked INWARDS toward the Valkyrie instead of being pulled out. Just push it in until it clicks on two tabs so it is indented. That locks the arm tighter and keeps the fastpacks tighter.

Do you mean this part specifically, CK, because I have it pushed in past the back plate already.

post-4-1072057382_thumb.jpg

THERE IS NO HIGH POSITION. This is how the backpack hinge gets stressed. Graham made a retraction on this soon after his backpack on his sample broke. Do not force the back pack up higher than it should go.

This pic is wrong...

post_4_1072037696.jpg

Ahhhh...feel the enlightenment. Thanks, Ex.

post-4-1072051340_thumb.jpg