!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

i still dont get it, why people here hate the kakizaki vf-1's.

I really like his TV-color scheme.

And because nobody likes him, i did get my kakizaki TV VF-1A pretty cheap. :D

I really like the look of Kakizaki's valk too. I'll probably be picking up my V.2 soon. I've been putting it off way to long. After that it's just Max 1A and Hikaru 1J and my TV collection is set.

I really like the look of Kakizaki's valk too. I'll probably be picking up my V.2 soon. I've been putting it off way to long. After that it's just Max 1A and Hikaru 1J and my TV collection is set.

IMO, it most likely has to do with the character dying early in the show or something. Objectively speaking, I like the TV Kakizaki color scheme a lot, and bought his Valk the as soon as I had the spare cash. Besides, Vermillion Squadron just wouldn't be complete without him.

*edited for typos.

Edited by GU-11

but at regular price they were about the same as a elinte seeker @ 230 usd so paying 270-300 is not too bad. for a really sought after bird.

i remember M&M were the same, no one bit until everyone realized they were gone, then everyone starting hunting for them.

I passed so many times on the vf-1j mass at angloz for 77.00, and the virgin road for 79.

now it commands 250-300 easy. i just sold one for 240.

Makes me feel a little bit better about getting into collecting relatively late so I missed a lot of my favorites when they first came out. Thanks to this community and some lucky finds on eBay, I was able to find most of the valks I was looking for without having to go the scalper route. Got a couple valks in the mail now, so it looks like I can let the wallet rest a bit once the VT-1 and grey goggle 1J combo come in this week. :D Or at least until Arcadia starts cranking them out!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Makes me feel a little bit better about getting into collecting relatively late so I missed a lot of my favorites when they first came out. Thanks to this community and some lucky finds on eBay, I was able to find most of the valks I was looking for without having to go the scalper route. Got a couple valks in the mail now, so it looks like I can let the wallet rest a bit once the VT-1 and grey goggle 1J combo come in this week. :D Or at least until Arcadia starts cranking them out!

i got hurt buying a vf-4g, so i needed to go to my rare stuff to recoup costs. i sold my only vf-1s max prior and then my only gbp armor combo and vf-25s armor.

enjoy the hikaru set as i wish i could' ve kept it :( one day i'm going to save up again and then try to find one :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Urgh - caved and bought a CF SV-51... I'm happy and sad at the same time.

was the price decent or astronomical :)

was thinking of getting one myself but can't find a good price so far.

Guest davidwhangchoi

$275 AUD, not bad considering... I guess - thats what I'm trying to convince myself of!

Have plans to paint white accents and nose cone like a TV VF-1A CF - maybe some digi-desert-camo?

thanks for the quick response, yeah i'm trying to find one too.

i can't touch you, wmcheng, lolicon, master of macross, valk addict, etc. on the paints, customs and shapeway parts, you guys are in a different league so i don't even try to look there. too intimidating :)

everytime i do, i look at my plain valks and want to put them away.

thanks for the quick response, yeah i'm trying to find one too.

i can't touch you, wmcheng, lolicon, master of macross, valk addict, etc. on the paints, customs and shapeway parts, you guys are in a different league so i don't even try to look there. too intimidating :)

everytime i do, i look at my plain valks and want to put them away.

Never be ashamed of your stock Valks! My paint customs are basic, but I love them! It wasn't that long ago I'd never customized such a big toy or expensive one - but you gotta start somewhere!

I bet i can guess where you got it from... :p I had seen one but i have the Ivanov and i wasn't interested.

Yeah... Anime Export - I had been eye balling it for a while!

That's a beautiful bird Kurisama congrats. The paint looks very real world compared to the anti hero valks.

I'm certainly looking forward to it! Can't wait to pull it apart and custom it a bit.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Never be ashamed of your stock Valks! My paint customs are basic, but I love them! It wasn't that long ago I'd never customized such a big toy or expensive one - but you gotta start somewhere!

thanks man for the encouragement, you're always so free in sharing info and making replacement parts for others

$275 AUD, not bad considering... I guess - thats what I'm trying to convince myself of!

Have plans to paint white accents and nose cone like a TV VF-1A CF - maybe some digi-desert-camo?

The SV-51 is one of those older valks of mine that i've always thought of selling (coz my wife doesn't like it) but never can... As a rule of mine, i prohibit myself from buying enemy mecha... a way to limit my toy spending :D). But the SV-51's design, esp. in fighter mode, is just so badass i always end up convincing myself that i need a physical representation of it in my collection.

Congrats on the purchase... Can't wait to see pics when you're done customizing it. :)

The SV-51 is one of those older valks of mine that i've always thought of selling (coz my wife doesn't like it) but never can... As a rule of mine, i prohibit myself from buying enemy mecha... a way to limit my toy spending :D). But the SV-51's design, esp. in fighter mode, is just so badass i always end up convincing myself that i need a physical representation of it in my collection.

Congrats on the purchase... Can't wait to see pics when you're done customizing it. :)

Also, if you load it up with the missiles, it makes any VF-1 look like a scout. This is why even if Arcadia makes a V2 i will still keep the Ivanov V1.

Guest davidwhangchoi

found a weathered vf-1s max for a little over 300, not sure if I will pull the trigger.

hope you picked it up adn/or was able to find one with a decent price.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Latest haul tonight, from walk-in store buy.

That takes me to three VF-19S now. Such a beautiful VF.

Graham

how much did you pay for those, did you get them @ similar prices as HK collectibles?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I paid HK$1,050 for the VF-19S and HK$899 for the VF-1A movie Canon fodder.

Graham

Thanks! that's a good deal from a B&M store w/ no shipping required. (shrink wrapped too) can't beat 135 usd OTD for a vf-19s.

So anyone regretting paying Macross Panic 2013 prices now that it looks like Arcadia/Yamato are officially back in the game?

Thanks! that's a good deal from a B&M store w/ no shipping required. (shrink wrapped too) can't beat 135 usd OTD for a vf-19s.

The shrinkwrap is amusing since Yamato never did that, must have been the shop itself.

So anyone regretting paying Macross Panic 2013 prices now that it looks like Arcadia/Yamato are officially back in the game?.

I don't think Macross Panic 2013 is done yet based on people's recent buying/selling activities... Prices are still sky high, 200-400 dollar VF-1s are still being bought and sold. Lol.

I'm curious to know what the impact of the uncertainty of the reasoning behind the high price of 30th anniv. VF-1J(by ARCADIA) will be on buyers and sellers alike.

Edited by m0n5t3r

So anyone regretting paying Macross Panic 2013 prices now that it looks like Arcadia/Yamato are officially back in the game?

The shrinkwrap is amusing since Yamato never did that, must have been the shop itself.

Not really since there were a few Valkyries I paid over $300 for but everything else I bought sooner than later.

Personally I didn't buy anything in the the great panic. All the Valks I really wanted and had missed out on while out of collecting for a few years were rather pricey before the panic (Roy Low Vis, Stealth Valk, Double Nuts) and I just said screw it, I'll focus on getting all the Bandai's I want and if something comes from Arcadia great, and if not someone will take their place one day. I'm just curious if anyone went nuts buying stuff and had an "uh-oh" moment today.

Edited by Lupin The Third

Personally I didn't buy anything in the the great panic. All the Valks I really wanted and had missed out on while out of collecting for a few years were rather pricey before the panic (Roy Low Vis, Stealth Valk, Double Nuts) and I just said screw it, I'll focus on getting all the Bandai's I want and if something comes from Arcadia great, and if not someone will take their place one day. I'm just curious if anyone went nuts buying stuff and had an "uh-oh" moment today.

Schadenfreude much?

I've never paid more than $200 maybe $220 before shipping for a Yamato Valk.

I think I paid $240 shipped for a VF-0 new.

Got a VF-11c for less than $200.

Both of my DYRL's were around $100-$130.

Looks like that's going to be the going rate with the new Arcadia release. They realized they have to increase cost to make it worth.

That said, there is no indication anything other than the VF-1's are going to be re-released as of now.

I don't regret any of my Yamato related " Macross Panic 2013 â„¢ " purchases seeing as everything I got were bought at as much as 50%+ off MSRP: VF-19S and VF-17S off HKC, and a VF-1A CF TV edition from Ebay. The one I regret buying at the time I did is Bandai's VF-171 CF at N-Y's 17000 Yen preorder rate since they're now selling the darned thing for 15K, and with a better Dollar-Yen exchange rate to add insult to injury... could've saved myself around $40 if I had just waited, but I already have it, so bellyaching about it is moot.

Edited by mechaninac

No regrets from me. Anything I got was at or below msrp. Now that Arcadia announced something I'm just gonna wait and see. It's not in my nature to cry and belly-ache over toys of all things.

Edited by xrentonx