!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

It was on the homepage guys. No prob. I tried it a couple days ago and it didn't work on USD$. So I emailed the siteowner and he fixed it a couple hours later.

I grabbed a VF-19S Emerald Force for $162 shipped!

Edited by grymg

Just ordered a VF-11B eventough I already have one. :ph34r:

Now that it seems that Arcadia will continue the VF-1 line I guess it's better to get this old valks that will probably not get reissued.

If only I could get the VF-22S Gamlin at a decent price. :angry:

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just bought 3 yamato pieces.

1/48 hikaru vf-1j

1/60 dyrl kakzaki with super and strike parts

1/60 weather destroid defender

that's a nice grab! esp the kakizaki combo,

I bought both of Kakizaki valks a long time ago. I had to complete the squad's and they were very cheap when HLJ used to have the DEC fire sales plus shipping deals.

That was a great deal! I did the same thing back then and bought 4 strike packs. Looking back I could've bought at least 3 more.

I caved and bought a VF-17 FAST pack set (just to have it, I'm not sure I actually like the look of it or not) and also a VF-1J kit with option parts. Now I need to decide on a paint scheme for the 1J.

It looks better in person on the valk than in pictures. I'm not fond of hose it looks in Battroid mode though, Fighter and Gerwalk look cool with them on though.

Well now that my VF-4G showed up, I've essentially completed my hit list of must have valks. In the last two months, I've assembled valks from literally the four corners of the Earth. For some reason, this recent shopping spree feels more like a 'Constructacons...form Devastator!!!' event more than anything.

1. One Yamato 1/60, DYRL Focker VF-1S (30th Ann version) from Hong Kong. Hobbylocus - decent pricing, fast shipping, not the greatest packaging however.

2. Two Yamato 1/60 VF-1 FPs (30th Ann)from the US. Past Generation Toys - decent pricing, fast shipping, good all around.

3. One Yamato 1/60, VF-1A Cavaliers (30th Ann) from Italy. Japanworld - decent pricing (that increased after I ordered mine), fast shipping, good all around.

4. One Bandai renewal VF-25F with super and armor packs from Canada. Ebay seller - a little overpriced but right in my back yard.

5. One Yamato 1/60 VF-4G from the UAE. Thanks to 'gwfalcon' for the find. By far my most expensive valk but also the one that I wouldn't live without.

6. One Yamato 1/60, VF-11B from Hong Kong. Hobbylocus again - decent pricing, fast shipping but extremely poor packaging.

Now that this is sorted out, I plan on waiting out on what will come from Arcadia.

Hehe! I too just did a mad panic buy!

Spent about $2500 on 10x VF-1 (YAMATO 1/60)

1x VF-1D

2x VF-1J

7x VF-1A

Also thinking about a VF-0 and VF-11 but I'm broke now!

Would love a VF-4 but that's only in my dreams.. :(

My dream of owning a VF-4G has now come true! Thanks to Cdisdope for your help! My next mission is a Yamato 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich (v2). Any helpers!? ;)

Edited by spanner76

Guest davidwhangchoi

My dream of owning a VF-4G has now come true! Thanks to Cdisdope for your help! My next mission is a Yamato 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich (v2). Any helpers!? ;)

congrats on a nice haul, hope you don't mind sharing some pics when they arrive! yeah, the Vt-1 is a challenge to get.

the last two vt-1 on ebay went for $400, $466 respectively. i think the best bet would be to monitor e-bay for another one to pop up. or check yahoo japan auctions with a proxy service.

here's a thread w/ info on the best proxy service users prefer (how to use them is explained on each service's website:)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38915

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Speaking of Kakizaki...I amd so pissed off with HK Collectibles right now

I placed an order for a Yamato 1/60 VF-1A Mass Production TV Version and paid USD: $118.12 ($93.90 + $24.22 S/H) for this item. I received my package today and was sent the wrong item, a 1/60 VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki (TV Version). This item is much less in price at USD $79.10. I wanted the item I ordered, not this lame Kakizaki version and now it appears the regular cannon fodder is now out of stock.

Anybody else have this happen with HKC? How do they usually fix a major screw-up like this?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Speaking of Kakizaki...I amd so pissed off with HK Collectibles right now

I placed an order for a Yamato 1/60 VF-1A Mass Production TV Version and paid USD: $118.12 ($93.90 + $24.22 S/H) for this item. I received my package today and was sent the wrong item, a 1/60 VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki (TV Version). This item is much less in price at USD $79.10. I wanted the item I ordered, not this lame Kakizaki version and now it appears the regular cannon fodder is now out of stock.

Anybody else have this happen with HKC? How do they usually fix a major screw-up like this?

that's messed up, i yeah i'd be pretty upset. based on the users here, hk collectibles usually tries to take care of their customers and Cs respond pretty quickly, try shooting them an e-mail.

in terms of solutions, man if they're out of stock that's stinks...

i hope they refund you're money and just give it to you for free...

that's messed up, i yeah i'd be pretty upset. based on the users here, hk collectibles usually tries to take care of their customers and Cs respond pretty quickly, try shooting them an e-mail.

in terms of solutions, man if they're out of stock that's stinks...

i hope they refund you're money and just give it to you for free...

Thanks for the info, makes feel a little better about this situation. Yeah, HKC could have at least sent me the DYRL cannon fodder version instead. Even if they give me Hayao for free, which seriously doubt, I have no desire to keep it in my collection. I've been having a very difficult time with sellers when it comes to Yamato 1/60 Valkyries; either saying the item is out of stock after the order has been placed/paid or them not sending the item at all and having to wait weeks to get my money back. Very frustrating.

post-415-0-50700400-1368205311_thumb.jpg

The TV VF-1A has been long out of stock in HKC, sucks they put a TV Kakizaki, they should've contacted you about the stock problem.

Contact them and perhaps they could give full refund or give you credit for the price difference.

HKC has an account here too. Try PM'ing them here. Good luck.

congrats on a nice haul, hope you don't mind sharing some pics when they arrive! yeah, the Vt-1 is a challenge to get.

the last two vt-1 on ebay went for $400, $466 respectively. i think the best bet would be to monitor e-bay for another one to pop up. or check yahoo japan auctions with a proxy service.

here's a thread w/ info on the best proxy service users prefer (how to use them is explained on each service's website:)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38915

Hey yeah they are hard to get! There are a couple of v1 versions for sale but I don't particularly like them. Most of my previous collection was YamYam v1's and chunky 1/55's.

I only recently missed out on a VT-1 last month on ebay. Was pricey but I regret not buying it.. Getting the VF-4G has made up for it but I still want the VT-1.

Anyone out there got any doubles they wish to sell off? hehe! ;)

Also its a shame they messed up your order Sephiroth.. same happened to me buying off ebay. That's why I have 4x Kakizaki's.. 3x the same colour.. They sent me a Kakizaki VF-1A instead of a 1J but in the end I didn't mind cos now I have them all on display each in a different configuration and they look really cool! =D

Thought I'd also mention that the following words "sold out" & "Item has been discontinued" are really killing my life.. =(

Edited by spanner76

Thanks for the info, makes feel a little better about this situation. Yeah, HKC could have at least sent me the DYRL cannon fodder version instead. Even if they give me Hayao for free, which seriously doubt, I have no desire to keep it in my collection. I've been having a very difficult time with sellers when it comes to Yamato 1/60 Valkyries; either saying the item is out of stock after the order has been placed/paid or them not sending the item at all and having to wait weeks to get my money back. Very frustrating.

attachicon.gifDSC04926.JPG

That's kind of crazy. Hopefully they will refund you or send you a replacement or something. To be honest the color of Kaki's and the color of the CF's are pretty close. It's possible a worker there got confused.

Just got an e-mail back from HKC, they found my VF-1A Mass Production (TV version) and they are sending it to me now. :D HKC is also paying for my shipping cost to send them back the Kakizaki version. I'm so glad they responded quickly and fixed the problem. I guess Kakizaki just wanted to fly half-way around the world and back for fun. :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just got an e-mail back from HKC, they found my VF-1A Mass Production (TV version) and they are sending it to me now. :D HKC is also paying for my shipping cost to send them back the Kakizaki version. I'm so glad they responded quickly and fixed the problem. I guess Kakizaki just wanted to fly half-way around the world and back for fun. :p

congrats i'm glad you got it all worked out

You know, for years I always thought Kakizaki had a standard mass production unit. I never knew he had his own custom color unit until Yamato released one. So I can believe that one of their employees just got confused and grabbed the wrong one. The people employed at all these shops most likely don't know or don't care about Macross, after all. It's just a job.

Nice guys! Good for you, Sephiroth!

Finally have a chance to post my 'panic buys' from the last two months:

DSCN6906   Copy

DSCN6904   Copy

Picked up from HKC: VF-19 Fire, VF-19S, VF-19F, VF-19P, VF-17D, VF-17S w/Super Packs, Super Packs for VF-17, 2x VF-1S unassembled kits.

Picked up from ebay: VF-1A TV CF, VF-19 Fire, Sound Booster

Picked up from HLJ: 2x VF-1A unassembled kits, 2x VF-1J unassembled kits

Only things left I would consider are VF-1S Low Vis and VF-4G, but wife would probably kill me if I bought those after spending this much already.