4 hours ago, ps99042 said:

I kind of want these but 1) the price sucks, 2)Toynami, and thus, HG is making them, and 3)they could give Rand his proper cyclone weapon.  And, c'mon Toynami , is it Rand or Ray?

I would be more receptive to these if they had at least given them different face sculpts.

12 hours ago, Knight26 said:

This popped up on my FB Feed today.
Buy Robotech VFA-6 Alpha 3D Printing Model | Action Assembly
The STL looks like it is probably based on the old IMAI kit or Gakken toy, with some revisions and refinements.

Legioss STL Files

The way the shoulder hinge is designed, the hinged ankle guards, and the way the LERX mates to the mid-fuselage indicates that they "borrowed" from my 1/32 Beast, and them butchered the design in other areas.

2 minutes ago, captain america said:

The way the shoulder hinge is designed, the hinged ankle guards, and the way the LERX mates to the mid-fuselage indicates that they "borrowed" from my 1/32 Beast, and them butchered the design in other areas.

The forearms are particularly egregious, and inexcusable at that scale... not to mention the legs are not adequately articulated for Armo-Diver mode.  <_<

Posted (edited)

Are the ankle guards hinged or is that just a different angle at that spot? A hinge seems awfully ambitious for everything else I'm seeing.

Edited by jenius

The blue 1/48 Sentinel Riobots Legioss is already starting to sell out on various sites, so I took the plunge and PO'd a copy from TFSource. HLJ, which has an order stop in place, has it for about $20 less than most of the popular US sites, but I figured I'd make up the difference in shipping, which will be free through TFS.

Anyway, I hope it's as high quality as the rest of their products appear to be. It looks good, and, at the very least,  is sure to be made of sterner stuff than my old Toynami, with its plethora of issues.

I've never watched Mospeada, and feel no compunction to do so, but ever since I picked up the "Leader One" model by Monogram back in the 80's, I've had a soft spot for the design, even if it's a bit chunky and somewhat unrefined compared to Kawamori's more realistic valks. I love its battroid mode- it's just a cool looking anime mech that happens to turn into a decent sci-fi jet. :good:

19 hours ago, captain america said:

Yeah, I don't like the plaplate design either on this model... It looks ugly.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, jenius said:

Are the ankle guards hinged or is that just a different angle at that spot? A hinge seems awfully ambitious for everything else I'm seeing.

I've printed and assembled this.  The ankles are ball joints with the ball in the foot connecting via a round peg into the lower leg.

That peg+ball could use some changes to make hold better.

I certainly made some mistakes when printing out the pieces which contributed to some of the joints being floppier than if I were to reprint it out now.

I posted some pics in the comment below:

Edited by Mazinger

Still playing with my CM's Mospeada ride armors...half of them are now broken :D

CMs-Ride-Armors-6A.jpg

10 hours ago, jenius said:

Still playing with my CM's Mospeada ride armors...half of them are un-broken :D

Corrected to glass half full.:good:

12 hours ago, jenius said:

Still playing with my CM's Mospeada ride armors...half of them are now broken :D

CMs-Ride-Armors-6A.jpg

This is gorgeous. For some reason it really makes me think about the B2Five versions... maybe it's the coloring?

27 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I think the colors of the CMs versions are way better than Megahouse's

Colors, proportions, sculpts, character representation, accuracy... the CMs are superior to the Megahouse figures in almost every respect.

18 hours ago, jenius said:

Like I said, almost every respect.  :unsure:

On the plus side, I still had fun with the broken toys

CMs-VR-38L-Shinobu-5-1.jpg

14 hours ago, mechaninac said:

^ The carnage!...

Oh the humanity!!!!

The MegaHouse versions are better toys. You can play with them without worries. I prefer the size and the look/color of the plastic as well. With the CMs they are more accurate and you have more options like the trading figures. 

MOSPEADA toys.jpg

Interesting custom's, taken from Yacalog's twitter:

EVpKOWOUcAYFkn0.jpeg

EVpKOWPU4AEQsV-.jpeg

EVpKOWYUcAAPf35.jpeg

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

A good deal, indeed

I just paid a LOT more than that for the exact same thing.:fool:

The big unknown with that auction is the condition of the Alpha.

Don’t know what condition the hands are in or whether anything has deteriorated over time.

Seller was good enough to show numerous pics and show box damage.

But guess I’m still a little punchy after getting a nice Matchbox Macross, but discovering it had broken arms out of the box.

55 minutes ago, Mog said:

The big unknown with that auction is the condition of the Alpha.

Don’t know what condition the hands are in or whether anything has deteriorated over time.

Seller was good enough to show numerous pics and show box damage.

But guess I’m still a little punchy after getting a nice Matchbox Macross, but discovering it had broken arms out of the box.

Well, it's comforting on some level to know I wasn't the only one that had this experience... but I'm still sorry you weren't able to avoid it. While I love the Matchbox SDF-1, that part of the design does seem like the biggest misstep. 

I wouldn't transform any Toynami Alpha at this point. If I bought that set, I would combine them and show them off in fighter mode and that would be the end of it. They look good combined in fighter mode. Beyond that, I can wait for the Sentinel toys.

Your review tried to warn me, and for that, I appreciate it.  

Should have been more skeptical and asked for out of box pics from the seller.  But hopefully, my workaround is successful.

Back to Mospeada stuff, at least the seller mentions how glass-fragile the Alphas are (the Betas, of course, are solid beasts).

I’m looking forward to the Sentinel Legioss too.  But I’ll wait for the red girl (probably getting released in 2021 at this point, huh?).

31 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wouldn't transform any Toynami Alpha at this point. If I bought that set, I would combine them and show them off in fighter mode and that would be the end of it. They look good combined in fighter mode. Beyond that, I can wait for the Sentinel toys.

This is exactly what I did with my Alpha/Beta. No need to temp fate. I'll transform the Sentinel ones. And hopefully they release a Beta/Tread.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

I paid a lot less for my blue Alpha and Beta, because I was lucky enough to find them both on Mandarake, but my green and red Alphas were so fragile I'm planning on just leaving the blue ones combined in fighter mode too.

So on a different note,   with this whole Pandemic I get the feeling Sentinel's Legioss will prolly not make its June release date :0

I never thought they were gonna meet that June 2020 release date, even BEFORE the whole Covid-19 pandemic hit. :crazy:

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I never thought they were gonna meet that June 2020 release date, even BEFORE the whole Covid-19 pandemic hit. :crazy:

Ha, same here! Hope its happens but I'm giving everyone at least an extra two months to get things out before I'll be concerned.

In the meantime, I've found an exciting bit of Tatsunoko history:

scripts.jpg.9dd6175e96a4a0d61bf081aea3bbf1e8.jpg

Episode scripts, from the production office.

697459673_writersname.jpg.71b325ad57658cbde860e5c343d711a3.jpg

The writer's name is hand-written on the front page of each script.

543906163_beautifulgirl.jpg.91745d7369aa7ad2837bed2437b80d45.jpg

This is the scene where Ray meets Aisha nude in the barn...  The dialogue prompts simply refer to her as "beautiful girl."

1728112935_ep.4script.jpg.d846eb9b6c549877f8cd8c5b40e60aad.jpg

Even more exciting, here are the complete storyboards for episode 4...

storyboards.jpg.e3fac0355c9bae07573eda0a7023ffd6.jpg

...with hand-written notations for each sequence.

thumbnail.jpg.a0e703738e66136e692a22109b5dfbb8.jpg

Recognize this pan-out?

ripped.jpg.d9e85d81f9dfa56663521854757e5fe8.jpg

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Mospeada_yellow.png.e6b76d5a499046fd1a8befb538d7aa5a.png

booty'full.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:08 PM, tekering said:

In the meantime, I've found an exciting bit of Tatsunoko history:

scripts.jpg.9dd6175e96a4a0d61bf081aea3bbf1e8.jpg

Episode scripts, from the production office.

697459673_writersname.jpg.71b325ad57658cbde860e5c343d711a3.jpg

The writer's name is hand-written on the front page of each script.

543906163_beautifulgirl.jpg.91745d7369aa7ad2837bed2437b80d45.jpg

This is the scene where Ray meets Aisha nude in the barn...  The dialogue prompts simply refer to her as "beautiful girl."

1728112935_ep.4script.jpg.d846eb9b6c549877f8cd8c5b40e60aad.jpg

Even more exciting, here are the complete storyboards for episode 4...

storyboards.jpg.e3fac0355c9bae07573eda0a7023ffd6.jpg

...with hand-written notations for each sequence.

thumbnail.jpg.a0e703738e66136e692a22109b5dfbb8.jpg

Recognize this pan-out?

ripped.jpg.d9e85d81f9dfa56663521854757e5fe8.jpg

Major score dude!

On 4/19/2020 at 12:50 PM, Saburo said:

Mospeada_yellow.png.e6b76d5a499046fd1a8befb538d7aa5a.png

That's just gorgeous..

55 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

FE235F31-067B-4EDF-A392-7B7FE6463762.jpeg.7c537a146d2884562ff6f370370b2b7f.jpeg

Saw this pic on FB.  Pretty cool.

VERY cool:good: