34 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Heck, I could re-create the entire thing in 1/2 scale made entirely out of metal for enough money.;)

Why settle for 1/2 scale when you can make a working, life size version?

2 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Why settle for 1/2 scale when you can make a working, life size version?

I could make a fully operational motorcycle that 95% perfect without straining too much brain power or creativity. I've done more than a few custom motorcycles. I've done all my screwing up/learning already. I'd even do the bodywork out of carbon fiber. Yes, I have put some thought into this before now:D. I'm thinking 400-425lb sans fuel and about 150-160hp. It could stop and turn at the same level as a mid 2000's Superbike.  It will not transform into armor though.;)

All it takes is time and money. Unfortunately I won't have the time for 8-10yrs (when I'm hopefully retiring). It's one of the projects percolating in the brain pan. I also want to do a 60's Ford F-100 "Steam Punk" build too. Modern drivetrain, modern chassis, A/C, cruise control, well sorted comfy suspension and 800 or so rear wheel horsepower. With the reliability to drive across the country if I wanted to.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

I could make a fully operational motorcycle that 95% perfect without straining too much brain power or creativity. I've done more than a few custom motorcycles. I've done all my screwing up/learning already. I'd even do the bodywork out of carbon fiber. Yes, I have put some thought into this before now:D. I'm thinking 400-425lb sans fuel and about 150-160hp. It could stop and turn at the same level as a mid 2000's Superbike.  It will not transform into armor though.;)

All it takes is time and money. Unfortunately I won't have the time for 8-10yrs (when I'm hopefully retiring). It's one of the projects percolating in the brain pan. I also want to do a 60's Ford F-100 "Steam Punk" build too. Modern drivetrain, modern chassis, A/C, cruise control, well sorted comfy suspension and 800 or so rear wheel horsepower. With the reliability to drive across the country if I wanted to.

Cool. Before your retirement, perhaps -- Kaneda's bike? ;)

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That's a LOT of bodywork!:D And those seeping lines are a lot more work (work I'm no expert in).  I did a bike for Jordan a long time ago. Lots of sweepy bodywork. Ended up going to a composites design firm that scanned the entire motorcycle into CAD. The bodywork was then re-shaped in CAD then the company made it to spec out of carbon fiber. That was Jordan money making that happen. I don't have that sort of budget.:o

The Cyclone's bodywork is actually pretty easy to pull off by hand. And there isn't much of it.

Finally, a "more perfect" Mospeada replica bike--from Harley Davidson?!?  :blink:

pan-america-jpg__454103_.jpg?content=1, vr-052f-ride.jpg

Did a bit of a double-take when I happened upon this pic.  The H-D "Pan-America' ADV bike appears to be slated for 2020 release.  With some aesthetic changes to the front windscreen; rear of the seat; the exhaust pipe....

OIP.Cj6KM7GKK3jdMqbMJl5nAwHaE8?w=300&h=2, NEW-Robotech-Genesis-Climber-Mospeada-Ra

The US-spec version will have a big ol' 1250 cc engine stuffed in its frame.  But what if it were optimized for light weight and handling, with something like a 500 cc powerplant, eh? 

Edited by reddsun1

On 12/17/2019 at 8:59 PM, no3Ljm said:

Being that it is 2019 (soon to be 2020), I haven't seen any replicas of Kaneda's bike with the proper electric drive.  Granted, I haven't been looking that hard to see if anyone has made one though.  I'm thinking gas or LNG engine generator with electric drive?

The MOSPEADA confuses me.  It sounds like an some type of internal combustion engine, but exactly is HBT anyway?

6 hours ago, reddsun1 said:

Finally, a "more perfect" Mospeada replica bike--from Harley Davidson?!?  :blink:

pan-america-jpg__454103_.jpg?content=1, vr-052f-ride.jpg

Did a bit of a double-take when I happened upon this pic.  The H-D "Pan-America' ADV bike appears to be slated for 2020 release.  With some aesthetic changes to the front windscreen; rear of the seat; the exhaust pipe....

OIP.Cj6KM7GKK3jdMqbMJl5nAwHaE8?w=300&h=2, NEW-Robotech-Genesis-Climber-Mospeada-Ra

The US-spec version will have a big ol' 1250 cc engine stuffed in its frame.  But what if it were optimized for light weight and handling, with something like a 500 cc powerplant, eh? 

If I were to make one as a replica (I've thought a lot about this and may still do it) I would start with a Ducati Monster. One of the 4v liquid cooled 140hp motor equipped models (pictured below). That's because you can get them pretty cheap. It's getting chopped up anyway. No need to start with a pricey bike.

If in fantasyland I was making one that would turn into armor and had to use a internal combustion engine (it would also need a lot of battery power) something like a minimum twin cylinder two stroke would a pretty good power plant. Light, simple, powerful, etc. But really if we're talking about fantasyland electric would be the best way. Assuming we had some alien technology level batteries to work with. Ours are not nearly energy dense/light enough (and probably never will be).

Under no circumstances would I do one that said Harley Davidson anywhere on it.:p

Monster-1200-Red-MY18-02-Model-Preview-1

So... I guess those of us who ordered on BBTS continue to wait?  Should I be worried?  It's been months and the pre-order release date seems to keep slipping.  I'm kind of sad I cancelled my Nippon Yasan order :(

Edited by armentage

4 minutes ago, armentage said:

So... I guess those of us who ordered on BBTS continue to wait?  Should I be worried?  It's been months and the pre-order release date seems to keep slipping.  I'm kind of sad I cancelled my Nippon Yasai order :(

There's no reason to be concerned, it's been less than a month and most boats from Asia take longer than that. You probably have a few more weeks to go. BBTS had amazing customer service, which may come in handy with this release, but they get their items by boat so it takes a while. 

Still waiting...

December 8, 2019, 6:00 am 
Processed Through Facility 
TOKYO INT V BAG 2, JAPAN 

Got the last Ride Armor out of the box tonight. A MISB Toynami 1/10 Scott. Even though it was MISB time took its toll on the red "pajamas". They came apart every time I moved it. Oh well, I'll have to do @jenius fix on that at some point. I made some adapters to put the 1/10's on a single YetiStand. I didn't feel like messing with that tonight though. There will inevitably be some trickery involved in getting that to work. Now I'm ready for the Sentinel Legioss's!

Ride Armor.jpg

14 hours ago, sqidd said:

Got the last Ride Armor out of the box tonight. A MISB Toynami 1/10 Scott. Even though it was MISB time took its toll on the red "pajamas". They came apart every time I moved it. Oh well, I'll have to do @jenius fix on that at some point. I made some adapters to put the 1/10's on a single YetiStand. I didn't feel like messing with that tonight though. There will inevitably be some trickery involved in getting that to work. Now I'm ready for the Sentinel Legioss's!

Ride Armor.jpg

Do you know if @Yeti  has an adapter to fit these 1/12 Sentinel riders to his stands? 

3 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

Do you know if @Yeti  has an adapter to fit these 1/12 Sentinel riders to his stands? 

I don't think he does. I ordered some "generic" looking stand adapters for the 1/12's. I plan on figuring out a good way of interfacing with the YetiStands maybe using them as a jumping off point. Maybe just starting from scratch. It's actually a lot easier for me to make things out of aluminum than plastic. I'm a bit timid about "pinning" the 1/12's with an aluminum pin. I'm going to sneak up on it and see what I can come up with.

Once you start using YetStands you're screwed (well, at least I am). Regular "colored" stands hurt my eyes now!:p And it's really nice being able to double figures up on one stand. For example the M&M's below. That's a whole lot of Valk on one shelf. I'm still playing with this one a bit still. I'm going to turn the Battroid's out 45deg with some adapters @ChaoticYeti made me. And I need to do something with the Gerwalk setup. I'm not sure what yet though.

M&M 4.jpg

M&M B2B 3.jpg

17 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

You’ll probably be waiting until mid January. Slow boat plus holidays. 

Plus I noticed a change in the listing from TFSOURCE. The Riobot MOSPEADA toys were previously categorized under "MOSPEADA".

Now they're under Robotech.

Maybe theyre unrelated; but considering boat time from the south east US to Kallingrad is 3 weeks, Japan to the US port should be nearly nothing and I've had my HLJ Yellow since the first week of December; but TFSOURCE and BBTS are still in preorder status? Just odd.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Just sent money to a member here on MW (no3Ljm), thank you for the sale. Can't wait to get it.

I received today a prototype of MEP TOYS' Invid Scout. For some reason this prototype didn't come with the head cannons.

Here's the link to the pictures I took 

33 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I received today a prototype of MEP TOYS' Invid Scout. For some reason this prototype didn't come with the head cannons.

Here's the link to the pictures I took 

Can the toes pivot outward?

30 minutes ago, jenius said:

Can the toes pivot outward?

Not outward. There's a joint there, but only to move them upwards or downwards

Bummer, should have made them peg in parts so they could swivel also.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:03 PM, jorawar_b said:

Just sent money to a member here on MW (no3Ljm), thank you for the sale. Can't wait to get it.

Thank you and you're welcome, sir! Everything's good to go. ;)

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

There's a joint there, but only to move them upwards or downwards

Another failure for MEP, then.  Maybe next time. :(

They have the resources, they just need a better design team.

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Bummer, should have made them peg in parts so they could swivel also.

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Another failure for MEP, then.  Maybe next time. :(

They have the resources, they just need a better design team.

To be fair, the prototype I got was damaged badly during shipping, and I had to superglue a lot of parts. The final version may be more articulated

I believe the legs can pivot some (it wasn't part of the prototype). The toes don't seem to pivot independently though.

image.png.b0c933cdc1cd0143ceea305698e140fa.png

I'm still in for a couple just to try them out. The eye sensor needs some detail though. Looks to plain. 

6 hours ago, vladykins said:

I believe the legs can pivot some (it wasn't part of the prototype). The toes don't seem to pivot independently though.

image.png.b0c933cdc1cd0143ceea305698e140fa.png

They seem simple enough to try some mods out and they scale well with the Sentinel Legioss, so I'm getting a couple too. Is there a MSRP on them yet? 

Or a release date?

After 25 days my Yellow has finally cleared customs.  Seriously this has been a ridiculously long wait.  I'm expecting the address label to have several typos or find signs that customs opened the box and broke things.

Checked my Yellow today and out of the box one hinge is perfect and the other one has a stress mark running about half the length of the part that breaks. Also checked Stick which was transformed once and back, has been stored since August of last year and its perfect. 

On 12/13/2019 at 10:53 AM, enphily said:

Didn't noticed these stress marks till you're said about it, but yes,i have them in my Stick and Ray too. I'm sad now

sLiX6FKWS8M.jpg

Just want to ask what type of plastic do you guys think they used for this part? ABS, PS, PE or PVC?

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Just want to ask what type of plastic do you guys think they used for this part? ABS, PS, PE or PVC?

Feels ABS to me, but I could be wrong.

Clearly it's the wrong type of plastic (material IMO).

Someone who works in machining told me that metal parts go with metal parts, and plastic parts with plastic parts.  Since the part is a moving part that is expected to carry the weight of the hydraulics, the metal part above it, and is a transforming part where stress is expected, Sentinel should have used metal.  

Still unhappy about the part on my Yellow, as well as HLJ's ignoring the problem.