I've always wondered just what bike was the likely inspiration for the MOSPEADA.

vr-052f-ride.jpg

Maybe the early 80's Suzuki RG500 fits the bill the best?

1979_Suzuki_RG500.jpg

44845.jpg

...the handlebar placement seems (nearly) right, the size and proportions as well. I imagine bikes of this vintage must be well nigh impossible to find nowadays. But some creative use of bodywork and a front fairing (on the forks) with covers for the handlebars would produce a near spot-on MOSPEADA replica, I'd wager...

Edited by reddsun1

It'd be awesome to own a bike that looks just like Rey's.

Rey or Yellow's bike would be an absolute dream come true! I don't know how to ride one but I learn real fast if one of these existed. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

Anyone tried using a CM Eta Legioss to fit into a Aoshima Tread ArMo Bomber?

I saw some pics seems quite fitting.

Graham, Carl have you tried?

Anyways i be doing another custom for the CMS Legioss & tread. hope i suceed.

I don't have any Aoshima/Toynami Tread toys, only CM's Tread & Legioss. To be honest the Aoshima/Toynami Tread looks too blocky to me and having the Tread's cockpit folding exposed on the chest really kills it for me. I think CM's came up with a much more elegant soluton for the Tread's cockpit in Armo-Soldier mode.

Graham

I don't have any Aoshima/Toynami Tread toys, only CM's Tread & Legioss. To be honest the Aoshima/Toynami Tread looks too blocky to me and having the Tread's cockpit folding exposed on the chest really kills it for me. I think CM's came up with a much more elegant soluton for the Tread's cockpit in Armo-Soldier mode.

Graham

I like the CM's Tread,,, not happy with the Legioss, but it works

Thanks graham, actually i saw a picture that combines a shadow Legioss with a Aoshima tread.

looks pretty decent to me.

Anyways i found some pics for those Legioss and tread with upgrade set, seems after the upgrades, it is quite solid.

Picture124-p.jpg

Picture075-p.jpg

I think my recent purchasd for the legioss and tread from the Hk seller, really paid off, but then again the process of getting the seller to ship to me really make me lose my patience.

Alot of invalid tracking, and very long delays.

Anyways.. enough of crap, and enjoy the pics!!

I've seen a modification for the CMs Legioss that reduces the tail fin height so they do not stick out.

Those wacky fins (and the way the orange missile launcher jets way up) are a 'CMs head-scratcher' that have kept me from getting the set...

i have seen it as well. But it was done by a japanese modeller.shld not be too difficult to do i guess.

Got the masterpiece Rand off Amazon, 175, not too shabby plus free shipping. What a piece of engineering, great looking piece

good find pfunk. An original piece of beagle mospeada for stick costs 200,000 yen as i last saw in the japanse market.

Whether yoi get the mpc or original beagle, its a good catch always. Consider how rare the mospeada toys have become...

Everything is cool, except for the outrageous prices. It's 81,900 yen for Gatchaman, roughly over $900 for the series on blu-ray. There's not going to be enough improvement to warrant paying through the nose for a series I have as Robotech, and the Mospeada title on DVD.

Thanks graham, actually i saw a picture that combines a shadow Legioss with a Aoshima tread.

looks pretty decent to me.

Anyways i found some pics for those Legioss and tread with upgrade set, seems after the upgrades, it is quite solid.

Picture124-p.jpg

Picture075-p.jpg

I think my recent purchasd for the legioss and tread from the Hk seller, really paid off, but then again the process of getting the seller to ship to me really make me lose my patience.

Alot of invalid tracking, and very long delays.

Anyways.. enough of crap, and enjoy the pics!!

Hi

Can you please tell me how to connect it properly. I had no instructions with mine, and I had to guess. Its not very solid. Actually the whole toy is not solid as nothing locks in. The tabs on the top canopy to connect to the main body doesnt hold at all. One slight touch the nose cone/Canopy breaks off from the main body.

Anyway my preference is still the MPC line. Solid, locks into place, hearty figure. It has its short comings but overall its not floppy. I started panel lining my CMs which does make it look grungier.

036428f3.jpg

7c88b76f.jpg

a28a484a.jpg

I've always wondered just what bike was the likely inspiration for the MOSPEADA.

vr-052f-ride.jpg

Maybe the early 80's Suzuki RG500 fits the bill the best?

1979_Suzuki_RG500.jpg

...the handlebar placement seems (nearly) right, the size and proportions as well. I imagine bikes of this vintage must be well nigh impossible to find nowadays. But some creative use of bodywork and a front fairing (on the forks) with covers for the handlebars would produce a near spot-on MOSPEADA replica, I'd wager...

hmm...then again, the frame on the early 80's Honda NS500 seems a little better suited, i.e. the exhaust routing; might be easier for someone to fashion custom exhaust pipes that exit through the sides of a "Mospeada" fiberglass shell?

ns5_02.jpg

What? You mean NO ONE in 30 years has ever thought of or tried something like this? MOSPEADA is the coolest f'ing motorcycle evah. And I'm not even into 2-wheels...

@slaginpit : You need to change the tread breast missile parts too, otherwise the arms of the legioss will not be able to fit nicely.

Basically, once you have attached the new part on the metal connector piece you just push in the legs of the Legioss so that the pegs on the new connection piece get inside of the calf. That and the fact the arms are locked onto the new "rounded" pieces of the Tread will make the Legioss very stable

The BD Mospeada Collection box is now available for preorder at Ami Ami. It is priced at 24,930 Yen (10% off) = $301.65 (At the current exchange rate). Projected release is late March 2013.

For MOSPEADA, that's a bit pricey. Especially since it doesn't have LLA listed as part of it yet. Hopefully that'll get released seperately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As if I needed any more evidence that I'm getting to be an old crank -- I prefer the vintage version to what they're showing would be a new modern day souped up Legioss-Tread combo.

"Son - what is that?"

"Its a combining fighter toy to a new show out of Japan called Mospeada II - The REALLY New Generation"

"WHAT?! That's not a fighter combo, check this sucker out, its from a bankrupt company called Toynami wayy back in the day - sweet huh?"

"Where did you dig up that ol' dinosaur dad?? Look, its hands have crumbled to nibs..."

----------------

Love the Box Art, but not buying.

If Wave had done it in 1/48th as a W.H.A.M.! completed model I would be in love and jumped in...

post-8486-0-58673100-1336576628_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG