Got my Yellow from BBTS. No stress marks on the plastic/metal connection and I was *super* careful moving that piece going to armor mode. I did pop off my windshield- like the above posts, no breakage on tab, it just is the glue wasn't enough to hold in position. I decided to just throw the piece in the saddlebag for now while it's in armor mode.

I need to go check @jenius transformation guide since I haven't figured out how to pop out the upper VTOL jet on the wheel hubs (I tried gently pulling on the small flap and only managed to pop that off). I'm glad the instructions made it clear you have to pull the missile doors upwards to be able to open them, because I kept pulling the door off before I looked at the instructions and was wondering if they fraked that up. Makes more sense when the hinge slides upwards. ;)

I also took the picture and then noticed I hadn't straightened one of the blades, but was too lazy to take another picture after.

image.png.f19c51051109981a948dd17d42976688.png

31 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Depends on where they're kept.

I kept mine out of direct sunlight and house light, but I already see some yellowing on the thigh armor, small portion on the helmet and one of the wheel rims.

Just now, no3Ljm said:

I kept mine out of direct sunlight and house light, but I already see some yellowing on the thigh armor, small portion on the helmet and one of the wheel rims.

Any UV light, even indirect and faint will have an effect. Some plastics more than others. I had a Gakken Ride Armor (the big one) next to a Yammie YF-19 way back in a bookcase in an office most people would call a dungeon for 10yrs. They got very little UV light. The Gakken did pretty good (and it's much older). The Yammie looked horrible. It only took a little bit of UV and it smoked that 19.

All my stuff is in a blacked out (sunlight) room under LED lighting now. I'm not taking the chance of yellowing anymore.

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

Any UV light, even indirect and faint will have an effect. Some plastics more than others. I had a Gakken Ride Armor (the big one) next to a Yammie YF-19 way back in a bookcase in an office most people would call a dungeon for 10yrs. They got very little UV light. The Gakken did pretty good (and it's much older). The Yammie looked horrible. It only took a little bit of UV and it smoked that 19.

All my stuff is in a blacked out (sunlight) room under LED lighting now. I'm not taking the chance of yellowing anymore.

Thanks. I always think that it's unavoidable. Like even how it's being kept or what. I also read it here that some of the Bandai DX Valks that was kept in the box for a long time ended up being yellowed as well. If I get time, I'll repaint those bikes and apply the decals as well. ;)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Now I'm really scared of my Beagle's. It really does tend to yellow overtime, huh.

Yep- this room is kept mostly dark and I've still had yellowing on a few toys. I've seen people keep their stuff sealed in the box and still had yellowing, so you try to reduce it but things happen.

8 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Yep- this room is kept mostly dark and I've still had yellowing on a few toys. I've seen people keep their stuff sealed in the box and still had yellowing, so you try to reduce it but things happen.

Yeah. It's really unavoidable. Nothing lasts forever. Might as well enjoy them now. :)

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks. I always think that it's unavoidable. Like even how it's being kept or what. I also read it here that some of the Bandai DX Valks that was kept in the box for a long time ended up being yellowed as well. If I get time, I'll repaint those bikes and apply the decals as well. ;)

6 minutes ago, vladykins said:

The yellowing in the box can be caused my a couple of different reasons. Have you noticed that the VF-25's are real prone to yellowing in the box? I speculate that it's because of the Styrofoam inserts. It breaks down and turns into a gas over time. I imagine that gas is not getting along very well with the plastic Bandai went with. Then there are other factors like temperature. Temperature fluctuations are a big no no when storing anything. Add that to a off-gassing situation, etc and you can get some combinations that won't store well.

There are a ton of variables in play when it comes to yellowing. The biggest one being UV and IMO the second one being stored in Styrofoam. The only thing we can do as collectors is minimize those variables as best we can and hope for the best.

I have three DX VF-1S's in boxes still. I plan on getting them out of their Styrofoam coffins soon.

On 2/1/2020 at 3:59 AM, JetJockey said:

I hope these issues are addressed when Rook comes out.

I hope so too. I'm overall unimpressed with the current offering considering the price point. It's a pretty big PIA to do anything with and pretty floppy all around with bits that just pop off.  It looks great in bike and rider mode. Way better than my CMs or MegaHouse versions but I'm afraid to touch it,

Let's Not forget these Are toys.

Play with them, Enjoy them, Customise them.

Personally i Love customising mine (guess why I have 7 in total so far) from New coloured cloth suits to accessories the figures can have on them/use.

Sad to see some don't appeaciate these are Toys first and foremost, not bars of precious metals.

As far as yellowing, Not seen that with mine on Any of them.

28 minutes ago, bluemax151 said:

I'm overall unimpressed with the current offering considering the price point.

I don't think their price point is at all unreasonable for the level of quality. I am a small scale boutique manufacturer. I know what it takes to do what and most importantly short run vs mass production costs.

I think we're lucky to have some to buy period. These are not "money makers" for these companies. They could easily decide it's not worth it to make them/make them anymore.

21 hours ago, adugifever said:

That would be awesome. We're going to need some dark Mospeada as well. And Jonathan too! 

Jonathan is an Easy custom suited up. Headsculpt is the only main issue. Still looking for the right face/headsculpt for this.

20191013_105811-1.jpg.d7d592ff719b8e4a4bd4d101d77f087f.jpg

36 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Those helmets are huge! According to the page these are 1/20 scale and a 2020 Wonderfest Limited release.