I guess this issue is widespread <_<

Never transformed Stick's bike and one piece is already cracked and the other has a white stress mark.

I have transformed Rei's bike twice and both pieces are cracked. 

Both bikes pieces are still holding up despite the cracks.

First pic Stick's bike, and second one is Rei's bike.

Screenshot_20191212-191824.png

Screenshot_20191212-191803.png

10 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

That looks like the same spot where @Mommar had a break in his. But I think his picture showed it broken at a different point than your stress mark. 

would try the hair dryer method but I’d also get in touch with your retailer about it and let them know, in case it does break later. 

Thanks.  I was late to the preorder game and bought it a day later at HLJ.  I've bought from Maschinen Krieger Sentinel from them that had defects before, and they were good about replacement parts, so I thought they'd deal with it.  No.  Their service isn't like before.  HLJ said "this falls within range of quality variation according to the manufacturer and so we cannot provide a replacement.  

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

That’s the piece that broke on mine.  It was on the opposite side of the bit, but it is the same piece.  When you took the cycle out of the box were the stabilizers even or was the right one a little bit crooked?

Yup, the right one was crooked when it came out of the box.  It is tight, unlike the left which rotates easily.  I gingerly rotated it, so it's not from excessive force, supporting the weight of parts it carries.  I also transformed my Stick first before attempting Yellow.

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I guess this issue is widespread <_<

Never transformed Stick's bike and one piece is already cracked and the other has a white stress mark.

I have transformed Rei's bike twice and both pieces are cracked. 

Both bikes pieces are still holding up despite the cracks.

First pic Stick's bike, and second one is Rei's bike.

Screenshot_20191212-191824.png

Screenshot_20191212-191803.png

that's bad.  It's like Yammie v2

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I don’t understand why that piece isn’t metal to begin with.

Same question for all transforming joints.  

For a pricey toy, it shouldn't be broken out of the box.  It's awesome that I can order it a day or two after preorder day, but defects like this shouldn't have passed quality assurance.  Sentinel should offer replacements like Figma did for the messy paint on the Berserk sword.

Shucks.  Yellow is my favorite of all the ride armors.  From centerpiece to expensive brick.

I remember seeing Yaco's post on twitter and he had the same issue with the hinges cracking in the area folks are pointing out above. I haven't checked my Rei or Stiq, but I will in due time. I'd probably send these images to Sentinel's twitter account and try to make them aware of the issue. 

Ah crap I just noticed the left side has a stress mark and I haven't even transformed Yellow's ride armor yet. 

Edited by SuperHobo

I would suspect that in the design process this part was identified as simply housing rotation, not enduring stress. Clearly, that was not the case. Otherwise the factory might have figured out a shortcut for installing it that is actually breaking it... That was the problem Yamato kept running into.

I just checked mine - haven't transformed it - and I see a very faint stress mark on the left side. I can't get a good picture of it but it looks like what some of you have shown, like it runs parallel with the pin inside that joint. This is as close I could get.

That's a real bummer, it's something I was hoping to avoid (which is why I tried to cancel the order in the first place).

Also my windscreen fell off while I was looking at it - just turned the bike upside down and it fell right out. The tiny plastic tab looks like it's broken but I think it's actually dried glue that just didn't stick properly.

Wondering how Amazon JP is about returns... I like how the figure looks but not sure I like it enough to lose $180 on it when it inevitably breaks. And I don't have any reason to believe any of these companies will provide replacement parts for any particular issue.

OTOH, this is likely the only Lancer / Yellow figure we'll see in a long while (maybe KC will get to one, who knows), and I'd like to have him and Houquet on my shelf...

100_5752.JPG

Edited by jeniusornome

I just checked out my Stick, one hair line crack on one side, the other side looks good, maybe in better light I would see a stress mark. I wonder if the problem is the pin, it's one of those expanding pin connections. Maybe they are using a pin that creates too much pressure and it's breaking the joint from within. I dunno, I don't make toys :)

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

I just checked out my Stick, one hair line crack on one side, the other side looks good, maybe in better light I would see a stress mark. I wonder if the problem is the pin, it's one of those expanding pin connections. Maybe they are using a pin that creates too much pressure and it's breaking the joint from within. I dunno, I don't make toys :)

I just checked out mine too.  Hairline cracks on both sides.  Rey is fine still, though.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm someone who designs and manufactures things (not toys). You're probably right.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Is anyone doing a lot of posing of the gauntlets with the pistons attached in armor mode? I surmise that the tightness of the piston when trying to pose the toy is putting some pressure at that thin plastic junction with the pin assembly. I noticed that the sparkled bar (I dont know the proper name) flails when I repose/ pose the arms with the gauntlets/ pistons attached. I think this contributes to the stress mark and break.

I'll have to check my Stig and Ray.  Still waiting for Yellow. Might be a good idea to video record opening Yellows box in case it's already broke inside the box.

Even if all our toys are broken.  I don't want to pay extra to ship it back for replacements.  These toys are expensive enough as it is.

Both of my Stig and Ray seems free of breaks, cracks or stress marks.  I only transformed them once to robot mode.  Kept them in that mode for a couple weeks before transforming them back to bike mode.  Where they've been kept in for several months now.  Does bike mode put less stress on the part than it does robot mode does?  

3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Is anyone doing a lot of posing of the gauntlets with the pistons attached in armor mode? I surmise that the tightness of the piston when trying to pose the toy is putting some pressure at that thin plastic junction with the pin assembly. I noticed that the sparkled bar (I dont know the proper name) flails when I repose/ pose the arms with the gauntlets/ pistons attached. I think this contributes to the stress mark and break.

I'm not handling my toy right now but that might explain why my Stick toy is only broken on the right side.. because I was trying to do firing the missile poses with everything attached. If it's a weak link it might be something that gets broken during assembly and if it makes it safe to the consumer, the consumer breaks when trying to pose/transform it.

Yaco apparently notified Sentinel (and there have probably been some returns) so it will be researched.

On 12/12/2019 at 9:23 AM, Masked Aviator said:

Did the bike's central metal rod leave any scratch on Yellow's belly after transformation? I remember my Stick's belly was scratched after transformation.

Haven’t really checked yet.  If it did, it’s either really small, or I really didn’t notice it.

I too got a scratch on my Stick from that part, but it’s kinda hard to spot it, unless you’re really searching for it.

Edited by Mog

7 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

I took the pistons out on Stick and expanded the holes they slid into as wellas rimming with a bit of shock oil and it worked wonders.  I'm extra glad that I did now because I didn't even take that into account.

---------

Was going to review the 3z Ingram but that has to wait and Yellow is next up... is the q.c. better than the previous two?

49 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I took the pistons out on Stick and expanded the holes they slid into as wellas rimming with a bit of shock oil and it worked wonders.  I'm extra glad that I did now because I didn't even take that into account.

--------

I'm going to try this too. I want to keep the esthetic of pistons and their use in armored mode. Thanks Kuma!

4 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

---------

Was going to review the 3z Ingram but that has to wait and Yellow is next up... is the q.c. better than the previous two?

Cool, I'm waiting for your review then!!!

So this was the first time I broke my rule and preordered a figure from an overseas shop.

I just tried to set up a return with Amazon Japan for my Blowsperior - it might be fine, or maybe eventually the stress mark will lead to a break, and maybe Sentinel won't bother doing anything about it (or maybe they will!), I don't know and don't want to wait to find out.

Then DHL quoted me $155 (!!!) as their cheapest rate for return shipping. I should have paid the extra $20 to preorder from BBTS, that way at least if I had to return it it wouldn't cost me 85% of the purchase price in shipping.

Real annoyed with myself. Tried to save $20 vs buying it domestically, don't really have a lot to spend on this hobby, and now every time I look at it I'm going to wonder... So I guess I'm sitting on it and hoping for the best.

Edited by jeniusornome

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

So this was the first time I broke my rule and preordered a figure from an overseas shop.

I just tried to set up a return with Amazon Japan for my Blowsperior - it might be fine, or maybe eventually the stress mark will lead to a break, and maybe Sentinel won't bother doing anything about it (or maybe they will!), I don't know and don't want to wait to find out.

Then DHL quoted me $155 (!!!) as their cheapest rate for return shipping. I should have paid the extra $20 to preorder from BBTS, that way at least if I had to return it it wouldn't cost me 85% of the purchase price in shipping.

Real annoyed with myself. Tried to save $20 vs buying it domestically, don't really have a lot to spend on this hobby, and now every time I look at it I'm going to wonder... So I guess I'm sitting on it and hoping for the best.  Or maybe I'll sell it to someone who has the patience for this sort of thing. Any takers at $180 shipped in US? Never transformed. Did swap the heads and hands. PM me.

How did you arrange to return yours?  On the International Customer Return form there's a "Bill To" section for Amazon Japan G. K.

12 hours ago, Mog said:

Haven’t really checked yet.  If it did, it’s either really small, or I really didn’t notice it.

I too got a scratch on my Stick from that part, but it’s kinda hard to spot it, unless you’re really searching for it.

Thanks. Your Stick is 1st or 2nd release? Mine is 1st.  My scratch in Stick’s belly was significant after I transformed it once only. I guess it is a design issue. The pressure between the two parts are too tight. Luckily I took it to Sentinel and they replaced the belly part for me. 

9 hours ago, Mommar said:

How did you arrange to return yours?  On the International Customer Return form there's a "Bill To" section for Amazon Japan G. K.

I didn’t see that option anywhere. I just went through the normal amazon return process and they said: here’s the invoice you need for customs, to return ship take it to DHL and send it to this address in Chiba. 

Is there a different form I need to fill out on AJ, or something in particular I’m supposed to do when I take it to DHL?

edit - I see it now. It’s actually on the customs form that was printed out. Not sure how that was missed. Thank you @Mommar!

Edited by jeniusornome