7 hours ago, Agent-GHQ said:

Over $2 bills and shorter than the Yamato 1/48 VF1???? Yikes 

It's shorter than a 1/60 VF-1.

It's about the size of a HMR VF-1.

When I got my head around the size I canceled my PO for three at Hobby Search. After a day I felt I still wanted one/some...kinda. Put a PO in for two at BBTS. I've got 6mo+ to decide if I want to go through with it. I'm still on the fence a bit.

If there was news of a soon to be released Tread I would be far more inclined to keep my BBTS PO.

I'm not thrilled with the size/$$ ratio. More than anything I want some size out of it. I would pay more for a 1/35 without a second thought.

46 minutes ago, sqidd said:

When I got my head around the size I canceled my PO for three at Hobby Search. After a day I felt I still wanted one/some...kinda. Put a PO in for two at BBTS. I've got 6mo+ to decide if I want to go through with it. I'm still on the fence a bit.

If there was news of a soon to be released Tread I would be far more inclined to keep my BBTS PO.

I'm not thrilled with the size/$$ ratio. More than anything I want some size out of it. I would pay more for a 1/35 without a second thought.

Then get the Evo Toys version if size is all that matters to you. The rest of us are happy with what seems to be a great rendition of the Legioss at last.

5 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Then get the Evo Toys version if size is all that matters to you. The rest of us are happy with what seems to be a great rendition of the Legioss at last.

I never said "size is all that matters". It's factor.

The Legioss, if it were a real aircraft, would be smaller than a F-16.  A VF-1 is to, say, the VF-0 as an F-16 is to the F-14 or F-15.  This makes the Legioss a very tiny thing at 1/48 scale.  That should be taken into consideration when comparing the toy's size to other "similar" types.

13 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

But quality/$$ is also a relvant factor. And this seems to be the best Legioss quality wise, but is yet to be seen

I didn't suggest that it wasn't. The reason I'm on the fence is the perceived high quality. If there was not an expectation of quality it would be a hard pass for me.

10 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

The Legioss, if it were a real aircraft, would be smaller than a F-16.  A VF-1 is to, say, the VF-0 as an F-16 is to the F-14 or F-15.  This makes the Legioss a very tiny thing at 1/48 scale.  That should be taken into consideration when comparing the toy's size to other "similar" types.

I want a bigger one for more display impact. Not because I care how it scales with other toys. And, the $$/size ratio isn't fantastic.

15 minutes ago, enphily said:

Looks like this Legioss have no rotation point at the knee :(. That's not so good

Neither do you but we still accept you for who you are. Remember, the whole Legioss leg rotates during transformation so there should be good twist at the hip.

Edited by jenius

9 hours ago, jenius said:

After buying the ET Legioss for a similar price, this thing looks like a bargain to me.

I couldn't agree more.   :drinks:

8 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I get the "display centerpiece" concept, but I, actually like the Tread better.

Given the apparent size of Sentinel's offering, I expect our existing Aoshima Treads (or Toynami Betas) will scale very well with this new Legioss.  :D

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

This is not true, it is larger than an HMR VF-1.  It's roughly the height of the previous ride armor if you measured to the top of the wheels on the backpack.

Looking at the size of the Tread and converting to 1/48 scale.  The Treads fighter mode would be fifteen inches wide at this scale.  You really want that to be LARGER?  Look at the wing span for the SV-51 before answering that.  With a fully connected Legioss/Tread combo you'd have a fighter mode that is 15 1/2 inches long with a wing span of fifteen inches.  You're looking at the length of the 1/3000 SDF-1 with the wing span over the 1/60 SV-51.  I don't want these toys to be any larger than they are now.

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

Neither do you but we still accept you for who you are. Remember, the whole Legioss leg rotates during transformation so there should be good twist at the hip.

A knee or shin rotation does tend to help with posing options but the obvious hip articulation just from the transformation and the apparent ankle rocker based on the photos it should be able to pose pretty well.

15 minutes ago, Mommar said:

This is not true, it is larger than an HMR VF-1.  It's roughly the height of the previous ride armor if you measured to the top of the wheels on the backpack.

Looking at the size of the Tread and converting to 1/48 scale.  The Treads fighter mode would be fifteen inches wide at this scale.  You really want that to be LARGER?  Look at the wing span for the SV-51 before answering that.  With a fully connected Legioss/Tread combo you'd have a fighter mode that is 15 1/2 inches long with a wing span of fifteen inches.  You're looking at the length of the 1/3000 SDF-1 with the wing span over the 1/60 SV-51.  I don't want these toys to be any larger than they are now.

Good point on the Tread. Something I hadn't thought through. At this scale a Legioss/Tread combo will be quite imposing/striking (what I'm looking for). Fingers triple crossed on a Tread release. Thanks for filling me in/giving me perspective. I'm a lot more optimistic about having one now.

I just measured a VF-1S w/ S&S HMR. 5.5" to the top of the head. 6" to the tips of the head lasers. 7.5" to the tip of the Strike Cannon in its vertical position. The Legoiss is 6.3". Depending on what you want to call the actual height of the HMR the Legoiss is either a little taller or a little shorter. That said, the Legoiss is a LOT chunkier which will give it considerably more visual impact. Again, what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Anyway i'm a big fan of this Legioss since 1st prototype we've seen more than year ago. Just saw Aoshima/Toynami Armo-diver mod and wanted little better leg articulation on Sentinel's version.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Best response EVER! ha ha

My main concerns are that the shoulders and hip joints are strong enough to hold poses and that fighter mode locks securely in place.

In terms of design though, you can see how they’ve made a bunch of advances:

* Feet are massively collapsed in fighter mode, so they’re no longer sticking way out.

* Cockpit and nosecone redesigned, so that the nosecone isn’t hanging so low in armo-soldier mode.

* Added double jointed elbows.

* Gave wings a downward cant.

Understand, I’m a fan of the Toynami Alpha-Beta combo’s look.  But even I know those Alphas are prone to breaking every which way and can’t hold certain poses to save their lives.

Sentinel’s got some goodwill built up for the quality Ride Armors they’ve made.  So, I’m willing to see if they can pull off this Legioss.

I suspect there wings are just a hinge so you can make them straight or angled like CMs did. 

I was just teasing about the knee swivel too, it could come in handy even if it's not totally natural. It might be omitted due to the crazy collapsing of the legs for fighter.

48 minutes ago, Mog said:

* Feet are massively collapsed in fighter mode, so they’re no longer sticking way out.

* Cockpit and nosecone redesigned, so that the nosecone isn’t hanging so low in armo-soldier mode.

To be accurate this isn't based of of the Anime designs.  Some of the changes are what are affecting the look for both the feet being tucked in and the nose cone being hidden.  If you look at the original design the root of the legs is tucked way up near the chest intakes.  On this redesign the torso is longer and the legs/hips are too.  That means the legs are shorter and so the feet will tuck in further in Fighter mode.  The elongated torso also means it will better hide the nose cone when in Soldier Mode.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I suspect there wings are just a hinge so you can make them straight or angled like CMs did. 

I was just teasing about the knee swivel too, it could come in handy even if it's not totally natural. It might be omitted due to the crazy collapsing of the legs for fighter.

I always thought the knee swivel on any toy was so you could get the foot to angle outward because it’s a lot tougher to engineer a swivel like that JUST at the ankle

1 hour ago, Mog said:

They're also extend wings in fighter mode so wings cover legs more than other toys. When you transform it, wings collapse and go forward for better view in other mods

Edited by enphily

As I mentioned previously.  

Plus, it looks like the hip joints or the red centerpiece rotates to move the hip joints closer to the chest intakes.

All in all, the whole leg and foot assembly compresses a lot tighter than the Toynami version.

IMG_20190824_073100.jpg

On 8/24/2019 at 12:28 AM, Mog said:

Thank you for the pics!

This is the money shot right here.

By hollowing out the back end of the red intakes, they’re able to compress the legs in even more.

Comparing it to the Toynami version, the boosters/exhaust/heels also get pushed into the calves more, preventing the fighter mode from having an excessive backside hanging off the end.

The winglets(?) on the Sentinel are also skinnier/less wide than the Toynami version, giving the nose section a much more “pointy” profile.

32 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That blog has useful bits.  It also comes with a stand.  Looks like the same one the prototype above is posed on.

Oh, that is nice.  See, Bandai and Arcadia could both learn a lot from this sort of thing.  That stand looks nice and functional, without being obnoxiously blocky, and adjustable in multiple directions.

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Oh, that is nice.  See, Bandai and Arcadia could both learn a lot from this sort of thing.  That stand looks nice and functional, without being obnoxiously blocky, and adjustable in multiple directions.

I suppose it isn't surprising, the Ride Armors came with stands too.

its great that it comes with a stand...but why can't companies make the stands clear?  black plastic only looks good if your background is black or your display cabinet is black/dark.  FFS companies...clear stands already works for everyone, and every background, and every display cabinet...so we can pretend the thign is actually in the air instead of on some black plastic armature.  

7 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

its great that it comes with a stand...but why can't companies make the stands clear?  black plastic only looks good if your background is black or your display cabinet is black/dark.  FFS companies...clear stands already works for everyone, and every background, and every display cabinet...so we can pretend the thign is actually in the air instead of on some black plastic armature.  

Hear hear!

So... what are the chances the Riobot Legioss will ba able to line up with the Toynami Beta? The connection arm most likely wouldn't be compatible, but creating an adapter shouldn't be too difficult. Matching colors could be a problem though. :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Tober said:

So... what are the chances the Riobot Legioss will ba able to line up with the Toynami Beta? The connection arm most likely wouldn't be compatible, but creating an adapter shouldn't be too difficult. Matching colors could be a problem though. :unsure:

Anything can be done with enough time and money.:D

IMO the stand needs to be white.  That connection piece to the Legioss is a copy of the Tread's connector boom.  AND ITS HOLDING THE LEGIOSS!!!  This gives a lot of hope that:

1 - They are planning a Tread and have already worked out the connection (its not an afterthought like it was with CMS and Toynami)

2 - The Legioss and Tread will hold together securely with the connector arm like in the anime

Hoorah!

45 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

There are some material-related reasons why people don't like making clear stands.  Generally speaking, if you're limited to using the same sort of material as the rest of the toy, a clear stand won't be helpful, because the plastic tends to be much more brittle.  The big stands Arcadia has made are very noticeably a different sort of plastic than the valks, and it's probably also why they were able to offer them separately.  I would bet that they had to produce them in an entirely separate product run, possibly at a different factory.

With things like HMR valks, it's not such a huge issue, because they're much lighter, but even then, some the action bases that have come with some of my HMR valks definitely formed hairline cracks just from the force of pegging the pedestal into the base.