15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Soldier mode is 160mm/6.3" according to the specs on Hobby Search. That seems pretty short. A 1/48 VF-1 is about 254mm/10".

I'm not sure that's a good spec.

Alpha Size.jpg

Sounds about right. A Legioss is supposed to be around 8 mts, so 1/48 should be around 16 cm.

There's no sense in comparing it to the VF-1, since it's a lot shorter than it.

Nice!! Went with Amazon.jp as well. Can’t beat that price once shipping is factored in. 

I also agree, the nose section is a tad big/over scaled compared to the rest of the fighter but still acceptable. Could’ve been better but the Legioss was never the most attractive fighter IMO. 

Chris

38 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Soldier mode is 160mm/6.3" according to the specs on Hobby Search. That seems pretty short. A 1/48 VF-1 is about 254mm/10".

I'm not sure that's a good spec.

Alpha Size.jpg

If you are used to macross, then yeah legioss is on the smaller side...smaller than a VF-1..

If sentinel ever makes a tread, then that would boost up the size considerably. Not sure how much a tread would then cost tho...

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

If you are used to macross, then yeah legioss is on the smaller side...smaller than a VF-1..

If sentinel ever makes a tread, then that would boost up the size considerably. Not sure how much a tread would then cost tho...

Even in Robotech the Alpha was significantly smaller than the VF-1.

Tread.  $325 I'll assume.

Thanks for all of the helpful links! I decided to go with Anime Export ($215 USD) on this one. No telling what the shipping will be, but I'll post here once it updates. Hope I don't get screwed on the fee.

2 minutes ago, tekering said:

Sentinel is claiming 1:48, which would suggest they're as large as the Evolution Toys Legioss... when in fact, they're as small as the Toynami Alphas, making them closer to 1:60.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with the size/cost ratio. I'm re-thinking my PO now........

1 minute ago, tekering said:

Sentinel is claiming 1:48, which would suggest they're as large as the Evolution Toys Legioss... when in fact, they're as small as the Toynami Alphas, making them closer to 1:60.

Thanks, IIRC this is going to be about the same size as the MOSPEADA’s, right? At work so I can’t look it up. 

48 minutes ago, tekering said:

ET is 1/32... Toynami is about 1/50 so very similar in size.

Edited by jenius

Damn, I really don’t want to reinvest in another Legioss.

But it looks oh so good!

Not exactly the pose I envisioned to show off the joint strength and posing options, but if the Legioss can hold this with no issues, we might have a winner:

B8D9B2FC-DDA8-49C3-940A-025474B84A98.jpeg.2a768ab4f0b32eed6fdc6cde445434d8.jpeg

And if they add a Tread to this, I’ll be kicking myself for not buying it.

5 minutes ago, Masked Aviator said:

Totally how many jet fighters in Mospeada? Three? Green, Blue, Red?

Thanks.

The main seven had three Legiosses and one Tread.

The Green can be viewed as the CF version.

Plus, there’s the additional black Shadow version (both a manned and drone version) that shows up at the end.

Quite a few in the thread, ranging from around $215 on up.

I'll probably skip on the green version, but I'll totally be down for a red one if it's done, and that gray version would be a no-brainer.  Seriously, I've almost never even given the Legioss a second glance in any incarnation, but this thing just blows all the other iterations away in appearance.

as soon as i saw the photos in my social media feed i knew that resistance was futile.  amazon.jp PO placed!  (btw do most here order in yen or usd?)   he legioss is that design that draws me in again and again.   yes it has a big head and its a little too squat for me, but GODDAMN it looks good...especially the fighter mode.  The downward sloping wings look good actually, although its a little too much i think....also not sure how that would look with the tlead attached if they make it.  wonder if it can go one "click" up to even? 

can anyone photoshop that head smaller?  i know its a niche market but  i hope somebody will make a smaller head for this guy

Edited by Mechapilot77

2 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

I always try to do yen.  It seems to always be cheaper that way.

Depends where you order from.  Amazon does a straight conversion.  You won't get away with anything being smaller.  Nippon-Yasan will WAY overcharge you if you pay in Dollars versus yen and I'll always pay in yen there.

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

as soon as i saw the photos in my social media feed i knew that resistance was futile.  amazon.jp PO placed!  (btw do most here order in yen or usd?) 

If you have a card that does not charge foreign transaction fees (like amex and high end cards like the chase sapphire), always go for the foreign currency, your card company will give you a much better rate than the store.  At today's rate, I'm looking at Amazon about $230 shipped.  Of course with pay latter, you're always at the mercy of the exchange rate six months down the line. 

Edited by levzloi