8 hours ago, SuperSenpai said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the red/white/black color scheme is kinda appealing?  Maybe not exactly the way the have it colored in that prototype -- but some variation of it. 

Nope, your not alone I said the same on the previous page. Though I prefer the Orange and White one. There appear to be 2 prototypes being shown. One is orange brown/ white and the other more Red/white. 

I'm sorry, but this Legioss looks amazing.  That mini ride armor and poseable figure has me so excited, I'd be embarrassed if I stood up right now.  If that same figure fits in the cockpit, I'm gonna make a mess.  I could be wrong, but it looks like there's a hinge at the waist in Armo-Soldier mode that gives it some added poseability.  Always wanted my Legioss to be able to do crunches!  Hopefully, that added hinge (if that's what it is) doesn't turn the entire thing into a limp, hunched over mess.

fullsizeoutput_200e.jpeg

Edited by mantisfists
I'm stupid

Quite a bit, it looks like.  I'm not sure if the diver-mode heels are mistransformed, since they look pulled back too far, and exposing a ton of the ankle.

Still.. this is going to be my first Legioss.  I told myself I'd buy one if they ever fixed the legs in fighter mode, and by golly, this one looks like it nails it. ^_^ 

I'm in the same boat.  I know it's gonna sting though. 

The Legioss was always my favourite mecha when I was a kid.  It wasn't till I was in my early 30's that I discovered most of the toys were terrible and stopped really paying attention to it.  Well that and realising the cartoons I'd watched were a patchwork of unrelated sources...

Seeing Captain America's resin, big build all those years ago was actually what brought me to this site.  His rendition was what I thought it should look like in toy form, but nobody ever seemed to get it right.

Until now...

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

This has nothing to do with admiring a great design.

You'd think that, but in my case 15 years ago, it totally did.  "Oh, this is from a totally different series and isn't a natural progression of the original VF-1?  Meh..."  I think the fact that none of the toys could look like the artwork or anime just sealed it.  But I'm older and less critical now and this thing looks pretty amazing.  So there you go.

Is there going to be another global financial crisis? Let's have a look...

• Inverted yield curve? Check!
  • Large fluctuations in stock markets? Check!
  • Hoquet Ride Armor prototype finalised? Check!

All signs point to an imminent market crash! :o

3 hours ago, Tober said:

Is there going to be another global financial crisis? Let's have a look...

• Inverted yield curve? Check!
  • Large fluctuations in stock markets? Check!
  • Hoquet Ride Armor prototype finalised? Check!

All signs point to an imminent market crash! :o

Market Selloff on hoquet release day!....... :blink:

man i need that legioss...the looks are non traditional, but i like how the figher's nose isn't just flipped backwards onto its back.  they thought about the cockpit, where that goes and how to shorten the nose turned into "tail".  the joint system on the thing will give it a great diver mode too.  hopefully its all solid and not fidgety or fragile.  although i prefer the ET's proportions overall (less squat), i think if they pull this off, it will be the first modern legioss toy that feels as if its made when it is and is good in comparison to its peers.  toynamis and CMs both lagged behind their peers...for instance the valkyries of the late aughts were much better toys than those legioss/alphas, and lets not menton how much better a 2008 circa valkyrie is compared to a 2017/8 ET legioss.  that said i'll keep my ET trio (RGB, didn't bite on the dark one) and add one of these new ones...i'd like to get all of them but real life etc. haha. 

The hip and shoulder joints are key.

I’ve always preferred ratchet joints for those areas on the Legioss/Alpha.

But if it must be a friction joint, they’ve got to be able to hold up strong.

This is probably the first Legioss I have been excited about since the original.  All the proportions look "right enough" it doesn't appear to be a floppy mess and even like how they dealt with the cockpit, a weakness on even Legioss toy.  The sternum and crotch still seem to hang a little low in fighter mode, but not as bad as the Toynami POS.  My only real crit would be the massive gap in the hip/thigh in fighter mode.  I hope they come up with a good solution to that.

3 hours ago, Mazinger said:

C’mon you know you can’t time the pre-order market.

:lol: Yeah yellow is the perfect example. 

2 hours ago, Mog said:

You guys are assuming too much:   Are we even certain Houquet will get to market?! :ph34r:

DAMN YOU, TARIFFS!!!!!

Might need to switch the avatar for good luck. . .

:D Strong dollar equals cheap houquet so it evens out? :p

Strong dollar don’t mean squat if Houquet never gets produced and becomes vaporware. :ph34r::shok::(

That’s why I’m really hoping Sentinel is doing well.

It’s way, WAY too early to speculate.  But I’d prefer this be a “Toynami finally releases an awesome Beta after years of delays,” rather than a “Beagle shows off a beautiful Houquet prototype, but it never gets produced” situation.

Again, way too early, but the signs give me pause and some concern.

8 hours ago, Tober said:

MEP Toys' Ieega/scout prototype

Why photograph it with a Toynami Alpha, when they're so clearly out of scale?  Even an Invid Shock Trooper should be smaller than that, next to an Alpha.

Might look okay next to an old Gakken Alpha... and would probably suit the crappy '80s toy proportions better, too.  <_<

Edited by tekering

2 hours ago, Tober said:

Not digging the aesthetic?

Not at all, no...  Not the color, not the shape, and certainly not the proportions.

This is what I expect an Invid Eager to look like:

1379139928_idealEager.jpg.0fe5112f54f32e28c5ed5b930175c061.jpg

MEP's looks like a Matchbox toy.  <_<

69015430_394527964538435_590418173238234

If the MEP toys version is as durable as the old Matchbox toys, then I'll gladly take a couple.

Would be nice to have some more swivel on the leg to get a more Gerwalk-y pose, but I fully understand that as a Mospeada fan, I will always be a beggar.

On 8/27/2019 at 12:14 PM, Convectuoso said:

PicsArt_08-27-12_12_54.thumb.jpg.83e373e460838ecbcc2f6ca74914ec0e.jpg

I'll stick to these two

People who have crabs are awesome!!

While I appreciate what Meptoys is trying to do with their figures, the aesthetic isn't up to the standard of modern collector-grade toys. Depending on what's going on with Genesis Breakers, maybe proper Inbit toys will get a shot. Failing that, I've at least got the kits covered.