13 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Another Head swap in the helmet for Four characters instead of doubles. 

Not sure if redying the cloth uniform as I did with the last custom one. 

Also getting the Armoury Ready too.

Still need to build Moscato Rocket Launcher to add to Plastic Cretins along with old model kits weapons too.

Blowsperior gets a Warm Welcome once he is released (anytime soon I hope).

IMG_20190811_151103_601.jpg

IMG_20190811_151103_602.jpg

20190811_144446.jpg

Is that Danny Trejo in the Ride Armor in the right?

38 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

I want to see that movie.  Preferably without Tom Cruise in it.

Here are some initial suggestions;

Stick - Zac Efron 

Yellow- Aston Kutcher 

Amiee Garcia*- Houquet

Diego Luna*- Ray

*= I cant immediately think of any Brazilian or Bolivian actors if were following the map.

mospeadamapsm.jpg

182b611e88fb81329f4f1b25798146b2.gif

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Given the displacement of the invasion, I don't think you have to be very careful with nationalities. Houquet is French and she's in South or Central America. I don't even know that Ray has an official last name so he could be any nationality.

2 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Here are some initial suggestions;

Stick - Zac Efron 

Yellow- Aston Kutcher 

Amiee Garcia*- Houquet

Diego Luna*- Ray

*= I cant immediately think of any Brazilian or Bolivian actors if were following the map.

Aston Kutcher, no way man.  No way.

There rest I could live with, although if Alexis Bledel was younger she'd make a great Houqet.  Fun fact, she's Argentinean.

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Isabela Moner. You can't go wrong with Dora, right? ;) 

Though I forgot Mint's nationality. So I'm just guessing here.

Rubble could be Robles- so that would work. And no, you cant go wrong with Dora.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Given the displacement of the invasion, I don't think you have to be very careful with nationalities. Houquet is French and she's in South or Central America. I don't even know that Ray has an official last name so he could be any nationality.

Instead of Bolivian we could make her Argentine, since it use to be a French colony. Plus I'd wanna keep it latin personally.

15 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Rubble could be Robles- so that would work. And no, you cant go wrong with Dora.

Instead of Bolivian we could make her Argentine, since it use to be a French colony. Plus I'd wanna keep it latin personally.

I think Mint has to be Columbian since Panama was part of Columbia:

http://www.gearsonline.net/series/mospeada/characters/mint.html

Mint Rubble

Place of birth: Earth, Central America, town near Panama canal

1 hour ago, Mazinger said:

I think Mint has to be Columbian since Panama was part of Columbia:

http://www.gearsonline.net/series/mospeada/characters/mint.html

Mint Rubble

Place of birth: Earth, Central America, town near Panama canal

Absolutely on Mint.

My bad. When I said;

"Instead of Bolivian we could make her Argentine, since it use to be a French colony. Plus I'd wanna keep it latin personally." 

I was referring to Hoquet.

Additional observation; am I the only one who thinks Ray generally represents you the viewer in the MOSPEADA story? Hes the only one with no origin story or background whatsoever. He' s minimally experienced with a ride armor, but most skilled for a terran- and develops through the show. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Nope, french immigration was very little in Argentina. The Guianas are a best escenario for her birthplace.

5 minutes ago, Gerli said:

Nope, french immigration was very little in Argentina. The Guianas are a best escenario for her birthplace.

K, based on the map eps. 8 is where Hoquet's origin story took place. I originally said Bolivian, but its actually Peru.

2 hours ago, DewPoint said:

This discussion is making me think that since Reflex Point is in Canada, the human looking Inbit should be based on the local population.  It's got me thinking Strange Brew.  :blink:

Yeah, that map provided by by Blackconvey above—if official—indicates that Reflex Point is between Lake Winnipeg and Lake Superior (not coloured on the map).  More specifically, between Lake of the Woods (you know, the Northwest Angle) and Lake Nipigon (1st time I've come across that name, too :lol:), deep in the Canadian Shield, approximately 50 km from the border.

Given that those smaller lakes are fairly accurately drawn on that map, I'm tempted to say that it was a fairly deliberate choice to locate it there.  Perhaps one reason is that that area is full of waterways, making travel by motorcycle and other ground vehicles almost impossible?

17 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Bella Thorne as Aisha?

Jim Austin played by Joe Manganiello

Battra played by Evan Peters

Sorji played by Ruby Rose

Who'd play Mint?

Bella Thorne??? I guess...She can't really act anyway...Aisha just stays quiet 90% of the time and will do shrieks here and there so...

upvote on Joe, Evan and Ruby...

Mint can just be any girl off the street because they'd be so hyped on a first acting gig and do everything over the top just like Mint would. She provided comedic relief in the show. Even her drama was laughably over the top. Ask any aspiring little actress to do a dramatic scene and they'll get her character right on the first try. Probably cast straight out of a school play.

21 hours ago, Mazinger said:

I want to see that movie.  Preferably without Tom Cruise in it.

Unfortunately they might just cast Tom Cruise in the lead role of Scott Bernard because he has Top Gun, and Edge of Tomorrow under his belt; and he does his own stunts. Oh, and he's halfway there with aliens, spaceships, etc. with Scientology.

2 hours ago, tekering said:

That's Robotech, not Mospeada:

http://robotech-reference-guide.org/Veritech/Cyclone.html

The bad fan art should've been a dead giveaway.  <_<

Appreciated and noted. But the pic was from gears as my original point of reference;

http://www.gearsonline.net/series/mospeada/mecha/human-mecha/mospeada/mospeada-21.jpg

Either way, I'd like it for a Riobot Ray.

2 hours ago, Smacky said:

Just got email from NY the release date for Yellow was changed to 2019-08-30, yay it's really coming!

Cool.

Hopefully, it’ll be a post-Labor Day surprise for this Yank’!

Wonder if they’ll sneak the Bartley on the box art?

While doing some inventory of some old Animation magazines in the collection, I stumbled across this pic from from 12/1983.

Yes, that there is an un-produced prototype Imai 1/72 Tread plastic model....in both modes!

For the old detectives in the room, NOW we finally know why in the Artmic book we have that unused Tread Box art for Bomber and Soldier modes!! It was done for this prototype. It is a shame Imai was not able to get it produced, it looks fantastic!

It only took 35 years to figure it out. :)

Shawn

imai_1983_legioss_tread.jpg

tread_box_art.jpg

9 minutes ago, Shawn said:

While doing some inventory of some old Animation magazines in the collection, I stumbled across this pic from from 12/1983.

Yes, that there is an un-produced prototype Imai 1/72 Tread plastic model....in both modes!

For the old detectives in the room, NOW we finally know why in the Artmic book we have that unused Tread Box art for Bomber and Soldier modes!! It was done for this prototype. It is a shame Imai was not able to get it produced, it looks fantastic!

It only took 35 years to figure it out. :)

Shawn

imai_1983_legioss_tread.jpg

tread_box_art.jpg

Wow Shaun, awesome find! It does look great.

The picture of the Imai prototype Tread is in Hobby Japan 12/1983

I looked in the other magazines that cover goods (like My Anime) and they have the same Mospeada display in a smaller B&W, but it doesn't cover the Tread at all, just the standard kits.

I would pay through the nose for a book from the early 80's that presented all the hobby/anime goods that were on display during that time. The show photographers must have the original pics in full 35mm I bet in their collections (let me believe)...like these examples (sorry to pollute the Mospeada thread with macross pics, won't do anymore)

prometheus.jpg

nichimo.jpg

macross.jpg