On 7/1/2019 at 9:19 AM, Convectuoso said:

I was thinking maybe someone could 3D print the necessary parts for this custom, but then I realized that there's just a lot of differences between each ride armor 

Maybe someone can...There is a 1/15 Bartley model kit that has some parts that can be measured and made into a 3d model. Like this person: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-printed-1-4-scale-GoBots-Cy-Kill-Robotech-Cyclone-modeled-from-Monogram-kit/223571201837?hash=item340de1cf2d:g:Rk0AAOSwodNc4YlK

He re-created a 1/12 Blowsperior kit and made it a 1/4 scale. 

Here's a random question for those learned in the details of MOSPEADA...

Has anyone ever given an explanation of the variant letters chosen for the Legioss armo-fighter?  Eta, Iota, and Zeta are pretty odd choices for humanity's first variants of the first transformable fighter.  Are they using deliberately out-of-sequence letters for symbolic purposes the way Macross's creators did with the VF-1J and VF-1S?

29 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Here's a random question for those learned in the details of MOSPEADA...

Has anyone ever given an explanation of the variant letters chosen for the Legioss armo-fighter?  Eta, Iota, and Zeta are pretty odd choices for humanity's first variants of the first transformable fighter.  Are they using deliberately out-of-sequence letters for symbolic purposes the way Macross's creators did with the VF-1J and VF-1S?

I have the Mospeada Complete Art Works mook but sad to say I'm really not that fluent in Nihongo esp reading big kanjis. I checked GearsOnline.net, and this what it says regarding the Greek letter designation:

Eta - designed for squad leaders.
Iota - mass produced model.
Zeta - high performance variant.

That being said, I'm thinking maybe it's the same as Macross out-of-sequence designation letters. Unless, there's an official reason if each letters really have a meaning. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I have the Mospeada Complete Art Works mook but sad to say I'm really not that fluent in Nihongo esp reading big kanjis. I checked GearsOnline.net, and this what it says regarding the Greek letter designation:

That being said, I'm thinking maybe it's the same as Macross out-of-sequence designation letters. Unless, there's an official reason if each letters really have a meaning. ^_^

I assumed they were going for equivalents of G, H, I and just, you know, without the internet to handily look things up, misremembered.

26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just an extra little nugget of info I was able to glean from the old Imai box tops: H and I models use JG-97M engines, Z model has JG-99M engines and is optimized for atmospheric combat.

54 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

[...]

What I was hoping for was someone who knew if it was or wasn't a case of specifically picking those letters as an abbreviation for a relevant term... in the same fashion that the VF-1J in the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross was given the out-of-sequence J designation to denote its country of origin (Japan).  I've read most of Complete Art Works and I haven't come across anything like the info I'm looking for in it.  I have a number of other publications yet untranslated, but currently lack the time to peruse them all, so I was hoping someone might've already found the answer.

Normally, with variant letters, you expect them to progress through the alphabet sequentially unless there's some special reason for an out-of-sequence letter.  Zeta, Eta, and Iota are the sixth, seventh, and ninth letters of the Greek alphabet... or seventh, eighth, and tenth if you go old-school and count digamma.  An odd starting point for the first transformable fighter's first production variants... hence my suspicion that they might be abbreviations of something like "Leader" (Ηγέτης) and "Trooper" (Ιππέας) for the Eta and Iota types.  I'm at a loss as to what Zeta might be... unless it derives from the unit being produced at Jupiter Base (Ζεύς "Zeus" being the Greek equivalent of the Latin "Jupiter").

I finally acquired the HD remastering of Otaku no Video.  We all know the show is full of loving tributes to Macross, but I never noticed the Mospeada reference before:

2099808165_OtakunoMospeada.jpeg.ac85e95f0cb79b38efdddbc76f688d3e.jpeg

Now, if we could only get Scramble Wars an HD remaster as well...  :wub:

scramble_wars_tsuppashire_genom_trophy_r

5 hours ago, tekering said:

I finally acquired the HD remastering of Otaku no Video.  We all know the show is full of loving tributes to Macross, but I never noticed the Mospeada reference before:

2099808165_OtakunoMospeada.jpeg.ac85e95f0cb79b38efdddbc76f688d3e.jpeg

Now, if we could only get Scramble Wars an HD remaster as well...  :wub:

scramble_wars_tsuppashire_genom_trophy_r

Ha Ha! That’s awesome! They even did accurate box arts too! I had that old Cosmo Zero Kit!

Chris

3 hours ago, daBlah! said:

I came across this build a while back that I thought was cool at the scale.

IMG_20190627_234848.thumb.jpg.6fdf7a1d1c835c917f6b81a1e1dac286.jpg

IMG_20190627_234741.thumb.jpg.cb045d438ab34a81b0c499b5872bc416.jpgIMG_20190627_234751.thumb.jpg.197d874f1b7056a7d1cc777ee9400d07.jpg

A transformable Ride Armor that can be stored in a Legioss? Wow! :shok:

Is that a Gakken*?

Edited by no3Ljm
*Should be Gakken, not Takatoku.

Well, there are quite a lot of Legioss to get confused with...

Segway into:

So, what are the chances of Sentinel showing new Mospeada product at Wonderfest next weekend? :unsure:

Anything fron Evolution Toys?

Maybe the HG license renewal will increase distribution... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I cornered a Sentinel employee at SDCC but that's about as close as I could get to WonderFest. I had a lot of Mospeada toys out before I headed out to SDCC and had some fun with them. Now I've moved on to Megazone again. 

Aoshima-AB-01H-Tread-12.jpg

5 hours ago, jenius said:

I cornered a Sentinel employee at SDCC but that's about as close as I could get to WonderFest. I had a lot of Mospeada toys out before I headed out to SDCC and had some fun with them. Now I've moved on to Megazone again. 

Aoshima-AB-01H-Tread-12.jpg

You left out the conversation though...

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

You left out the conversation though...

I’m thinking, maybe when he said ‘he moved to Megazone’, probably there isn’t much info to share regarding upcoming Mospeada goods from Sentinel beyond Yellow’s bike? I’m just assuming. :unknw:

Sorry, Sentinel doesn't really chat about Mospeada outside of Japan due to the licensing issues. We were mostly just chatting about the toy industry and what's going on. I tried to get some Mospeada details and even what they'd be showing this weekend but it seemed like they have a ton going on so it's all very fluid on their end. Personally, I'd be pretty surprised if the Legioss doesn't go up for PO before the end of August and release before year end. 

Aoshima-AB-01H-Tread-13.jpg

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'm not following your meaning. Are you talking about a green Legioss?

Sorry. When you mentioned a lack of Sentinel wanting to converse on MOSPEADA; I thought the worst and my mind went to the ride armors first.

I'd love a Sentinel Legioss and Tread, but if something should happen; I'd at least want the Yellow Ride Armor to make it out.

I hope the Bartley and Houquet are not finalized. I wish they can make Hoquet's heel a bit thicker so it doesn't look to much like a stiletto. Also, that G-A-P on the windshield...

I'm actually looking forward to the Genesis Breakers. It looks like Aramaki San designed it. Hoping they make a tie-in Anime (an OVA is good enough for me but a full anime season would be even better). This would be good for business à la the old 80's cartoon/toy line formula...

Is anyone able to translate the text right below the Genesis Breakers Mospeada 2083?