On 5/23/2019 at 2:28 PM, RavenHawk said:

Wow...

Doing some resin 3d printing, opened a new bottle of 91% IPA and got a small splash for about 30 seconds onto one of my Sentinel figures, and the coating immediately discolored and peeled/bubbled...

That sucks. The Vallejo Mecha paint line may have a color that's a good match for the Mospeada.

3 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

They did a reissue?

Yes. A few months after it got released it was announced and re-released last November.

5 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Can someone please verify for me that the Riobot Stick reissue actually improves on the flaws of the initial release?

There were some members I believe posted that there wasn’t a big improvement on the reissues. For example, like what was loose before got a little bit tighter on the reissue but has some different parts looser which is not loose on the first release. Not to mention the handbrake handle is still thin and prone to break like the first release, etc.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes. A few months after it got released it was announced and re-released last November.

There were some members I believe posted that there wasn’t a big improvement on the reissues. For example, like what was loose before got a little bit tighter on the reissue but has some different parts looser which is not loose on the first release. Not to mention the handbrake handle is still thin and prone to break like the first release, etc.

That sucks but OK; I appreciate it, so then is the Rey is still the better purchase?

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Crazy thing about having a Youtube channel is that sometimes a video just gets crazy amounts of views and there's no obvious reason as to why. For example, my Evolution Toy Dark Legioss review is above 35K reviews despite being only like two weeks old. In contrast, my Bandai DX VF-1 review (my last really popular video) hasn't broken 19K of views after five months! Is the Dark Legioss really such a fan favorite or did some popular website link to that video? I'll probably never know. 

Hell, my videos were being stolen on Youtube so it's certainly possible people are re-uploading them elsewhere and poaching the views. I'm hoping it's more a case of someone who gets way more traffic than me occasionally pointing people my way. 

Either that, or maybe ET's really diggin' and intensively studyin' your video of their stuff?   

Translating your english to nippongo or mandarin or cantonese and back to english, and then back again into japanese/chinese takes a bit of time and tries, I'm guessin'...

I really hope they take a look at the handlebar pegs for Yellow. My Rey had a little too much paint on the peg area and it was really tight so when I tried to slowly rotate the handlebar I ended up twisting the peg right off too (O_O)

Edited by Duymon

8 hours ago, jenius said:

Crazy thing about having a Youtube channel is that sometimes a video just gets crazy amounts of views and there's no obvious reason as to why. For example, my Evolution Toy Dark Legioss review is above 35K reviews despite being only like two weeks old. In contrast, my Bandai DX VF-1 review (my last really popular video) hasn't broken 19K of views after five months! Is the Dark Legioss really such a fan favorite or did some popular website link to that video? I'll probably never know. 

I know so much about Hikaru and the 1J; so I actually watched the Dark Legioss ET video a few times. I wish we could get better quality MOSPEADA toys.

I watch @jenius videvideo reviews multiple times ;)

I find very strange that there are very few English speaking videos of the 1/48 VF-1J apart from the many Japanese spoken ones.

Nobody wants to review the Evolution Toys Legioss, @jenius seems to be the only one, so no wonder those reviews get so many views.

6 hours ago, Firefox said:

Anyone know about the release date of the Sentinel Legioss?

Based on what they’ve shown last April at thr Miyazawa Mokei it’s going to be September. But since there’s no announced PO date and knowing Sentinel, expect the release month will be pushed 1-2 months more. 

On 4/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, no3Ljm said:

Photos, pricing, and release month from Miyazawa Mokei Spring 2019.

o0940070514388213120.jpg.5b55d0cd8cf2e5689d7a88374f10318e.jpg

o0940070514388213126.jpg.4b29be49088eb8b8c92f2454bd85b0ce.jpg

o0940052914388213114.jpg.ea3d2912d1592934a7a42bec1e2ebf6f.jpg

29 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

GOOD THINKING!!!

I really hope the mold is as good as it looks, because my collection is screaming for a good modern legioss. I'm just a bit worried Sentinel will paint every surface of the legioss and it will be easy to chip paint with each transformation. I'm also worried they'll only use friction joints instead of some solid ratchets to keep the toy well balanced. 

On 6/2/2019 at 11:38 AM, SuperHobo said:

really hope the mold is as good as it looks, because my collection is screaming for a good modern legios

I’m really wanting some more pics. More more more just so I feel comfortable dropping the coin on this thing. I feel like I’ve been burned by the other attempts and this Sentinel is THE one that will finally be a competent Legioss. BUT I’m obviously apprehensive. I had a small hope Evolution would come through but I feel like they failed. Maybe Sentinel can finally do it for us. 

T-REX's involvement in the design is comforting, but that also increases the cost.  They really need to show us a prototype Tread to go with that Legioss.  I'm sure that will push the total cost, for a set, well over 60,000 yen.

Unless I see something unexpectedly BAD, I'm in for at least one blue one pretty much no matter what. What little we've seen so far really appeals to me, and I have confidence in the team behind this.

23 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

T-REX's involvement in the design is comforting, but that also increases the cost.  They really need to show us a prototype Tread to go with that Legioss.  I'm sure that will push the total cost, for a set, well over 60,000 yen.

I wouldn't get my hopes to high about a Tread. I'm guessing they've thought about it but it would take crazy good Legioss sales before they'd take the plunge. 

I’d advocate patience.  There’s a lot of new parts they have to design/make for both the bike and the figure.  

But if we see the Bartley peeking out on the Blowsuperior’s box cover-art. . . I’d take it as a very good sign!

i looked through a few threads here but didnt sift thru all of 188 pages of posts.

was wondering if anyone had this issue to their sentinel ride armor?

I picked up a Rey figure just a few days ago, got it open, and noticed the swivel joint on this was bent at an odd angle; broke  off with very minimal manipulation. The pin that held it together looked super brittle, like potmetal?

anyways, i'm glad i picked it up from BBTS. they're sending a replacement. 

O3ZIMOL.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tober said:

Summer Wonderfest is seven weeks away. Maybe something then, but I think Winter 2020 is more likely. :unsure:

There is a Chinese WF this weekend and Sentinel will be there. Also 15-16 June they'll do 10th Anniversary Exhibition

15 minutes ago, al0324 said:

i looked through a few threads here but didnt sift thru all of 188 pages of posts.

was wondering if anyone had this issue to their sentinel ride armor?

I picked up a Rey figure just a few days ago, got it open, and noticed the swivel joint on this was bent at an odd angle; broke  off with very minimal manipulation. The pin that held it together looked super brittle, like potmetal?

anyways, i'm glad i picked it up from BBTS. they're sending a replacement. 

O3ZIMOL.jpg

That's what I like with BBTS. Customer Service are top notch. :good: