35 minutes ago, Tober said:

So surely the attachment points on the top of the missile pod and forearms are for a Tread..? :unsure:

Oh, wow.  I was so taken aback by the absent legs, I hadn't even noticed those attachment points.  Yes, that's precisely where the Tread would connect with the Legioss... in Armo-Fighter mode, at least.

I don't know what Sentinel thinks they're doing, but they're completely ignoring the 35-year legacy of Mospeada toys.  The fighter mode is supposed to have the legs hanging off the back, not tucked in like the animation design... and you're supposed to provide a lousy sticker sheet, not print tampographed details on the toy.  And what's with the navigation lights on the wings?  You don't paint details like that on a Legioss toy.  <_<

Most insulting of all, it looks like they've engineered the fighter with built-in attachment points for a Tread, which is totally against the spirit of the Legioss design.  Have they no respect for tradition?  The Tread is supposed to be an awkwardly-designed afterthought, with no secure way of connecting it to the Legioss.  How arrogant and presumptuous they must be to plan these things out in advance.  Who do they think they are, Bandai?  :unknw:

My only concern is that those connection points seem kinda deep, especially if there gonna keep the Legioss' middle missile rack in place during combined mode. 

The Tread's chest/sternum would be butting right up against it.

But it's good to see Sentinel coming out of its winter hibernation, guns blazing.

35 minutes ago, jenius said:

I imagine the wings are in a hinge so you could probably have them straight if you prefer 

As I said the problem isn't a slight cant with the wings, the problem is it's too severe in these pics.  They don't have to be totally flat, I don't even want them totally flat.  Hopefully you're right and they can be adjusted up a little bit.

Yeah, only the Drone and Dark Legioss have their gun top-mounted - and between the arms, not above.

For the Legioss to transform attached to the Tread there would still have to be a main bar on the underside. 

It's just not a traditional Legioss and Tread combo if the Legioss doesn't fall off the connection bar if you roll it more than 30°. :p

3 minutes ago, Tober said:

46656731985_2bcc002ebd_b.jpg

The center one is for attaching gun, using the magazine attachment point.  The two on the arms are probably for Tread, may be two attachment "arms" swing out from under Tread's "chest" missile pods.

except for the wings down, i like the fighter mode.  hopefully they can be put straight out.  its looks tight.  looks like i can finally sell my toynami mpc alphas and betas?  i know the scott/blue alpha goes for a lot these days but i coudln't let it go without a replacement coming in.

i just recently opened my evolution toys guys (and the soldier mode is far superior to these IMO) and enjoying them currently except the dumb hands.  they are great for shelf presence in soldier mode...being bigger than yamato v2 vf-1s.    these could be great for combined mode (the toynamis are passble there but not great and evo toys probably won't make a huge tlead that i would have zero room for anyway) display.

3 hours ago, tekering said:

I don't know what Sentinel thinks they're doing, but they're completely ignoring the 35-year legacy of Mospeada toys.  The fighter mode is supposed to have the legs hanging off the back, not tucked in like the animation design... and you're supposed to provide a lousy sticker sheet, not print tampographed details on the toy.  And what's with the navigation lights on the wings?  You don't paint details like that on a Legioss toy.  <_<

Most insulting of all, it looks like they've engineered the fighter with built-in attachment points for a Tread, which is totally against the spirit of the Legioss design.  Have they no respect for tradition?  The Tread is supposed to be an awkwardly-designed afterthought, with no secure way of connecting it to the Legioss.  How arrogant and presumptuous they must be to plan these things out in advance.  Who do they think they are, Bandai?  :unknw:

I see what you did there, @tekering:acute:^_^ 

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i want this!

I want it too, @davidwhangchoi. :wub: 

46 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i just recently opened my evolution toys guys (and the soldier mode is far superior to these IMO) and enjoying them currently except the dumb hands.  they are great for shelf presence in soldier mode...being bigger than yamato v2 vf-1s.    these could be great for combined mode (the toynamis are passble there but not great and evo toys probably won't make a huge tlead that i would have zero room for anyway) display.

Hmmm. That's too early to say, right? You have to compare both first in your hands to claim what's superior. :rolleyes:^_^ 

Besides, Sentinel's size looks more practical to have a Thread than EvoToy's Legioss. ;)

5 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

That is not a new stand. That's been around for years now with their bigger figures. I first got one of those with their Re:Edit Hulkbuster.

Fair enough. Thanks. I'd never seen it before.

^^If you like the combined fighter mode, I’d wait until Sentinel confirms outright that they’re doing a Tread.

But if you’re only interested in the standalone Legioss, I’d still wait for reviews before selling the MPC.

Looks promising, but want to see how solidly locked in place the fighter mode is, the ground clearance in fighter mode, and want to see how strong the joints are in Armo Soldier mode.

11 minutes ago, Smacky said:

Are you in US? And what shipping method you used for your order? I tried to check if I will save more if I use them this time for 2 figures. And found out it's around $398, almost $400 if I use EMS. That way, I rather go with BBTS if I didn't order at AmazonJP.

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Are you in US? And what shipping method you used for your order? I tried to check if I will save more if I use them this time for 2 figures. And found out it's around $398, almost $400 if I use EMS. That way, I rather go with BBTS if I didn't order at AmazonJP.

I'm in Canada which charges duties for importing toys, so I try to almost always go with NY since they declare a really low value so I never get dinged with the fees.  It came out to 44300Y for 2 shipped with EMS, cheaper than 400USD + shipping at BBTS + import duties.  

17 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

o0940052914388213114.jpg.ea3d2912d1592934a7a42bec1e2ebf6f.jpg

I'll be living vicariously through you guys on this one, 28,000 yen is a bit steep for me at this point. 

But damn if that Legioss doesn't look amazing. 

My collection is centered around bikes, so I've been doing the 2 of each of the ride armors (fortunately the gf has no idea how much these things cost, or I'd be getting some dirty looks). I was planning on skipping the Legioss... but who am I kidding? It's MOSPEADA, and it's Sentinel (all good experiences with their products so far), so I think I'll get the one blue Legioss, and be done with it.

28,000 yen is a lot of money, though may not be unreasonable for this product. Still, I think you'll see less folks doing multiples, or even one of each color, than with products that manage to stay under the 20,000 yen line.

37 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

o0940052914388213114.jpg.ea3d2912d1592934a7a42bec1e2ebf6f.jpg

I'll be living vicariously through you guys on this one, 28,000 yen is a bit steep for me at this point. 

But damn if that Legioss doesn't look amazing. 

16 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

My collection is centered around bikes, so I've been doing the 2 of each of the ride armors (fortunately the gf has no idea how much these things cost, or I'd be getting some dirty looks). I was planning on skipping the Legioss... but who am I kidding? It's MOSPEADA, and it's Sentinel (all good experiences with their products so far), so I think I'll get the one blue Legioss, and be done with it.

28,000 yen is a lot of money, though may not be unreasonable for this product. Still, I think you'll see less folks doing multiples, or even one of each color, than with products that manage to stay under the 20,000 yen line.

After seeing that price, I'm re-evaluating if I should get two. I really want it since this is the first time I'm going to have a transforming Legioss -- ever. I used to have the red transforming Legioss back in the 80's but that's a history and forgotten now. So I know, this time I really need it. It looks better than EvoToys and the size is more manageable. But after that price increase. IIRC, they showed the first prototype with a Y24000 price tag, I believe. Anyways, will think about this but I'm definitely going to get it. How many, I'm not sure now. 

23 minutes ago, Smacky said:

I'm in Canada which charges duties for importing toys, so I try to almost always go with NY since they declare a really low value so I never get dinged with the fees.  It came out to 44300Y for 2 shipped with EMS, cheaper than 400USD + shipping at BBTS + import duties.  

Thanks Smacky. Thought you're in the US, so I was going to advise just go with Amazon or BBTS if it's going to have the same price as NY's. ^_^

oof 28000 yen is a lot...not that the evo toys were a good buy for their price (not at all "worth" it but was wroth it to me) either and i'd be on this for sure if i hadn't just bought the evo toys versions in the past year or so.  hmmm....may sit it out afterall.  was hoping this would be under 20k yen each.  i caved a year ago, should i cave again?    and yes i have to see wafter they are released what is superior but i do like the sculpt of the evo toys soldier mode better than what we've seen shown previously for the sentinel's soldier mode... 

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks Smacky. Thought you're in the US, so I was going to advise just go with Amazon or BBTS if it's going to have the same price as NY's. ^_^

Actually you’re right.  I just checked on Amazon, they charge 37564 for 2, 1800 S&H plus 5033 for import fees deposit, comes out to 44397, 97 more than I paid at NY.  I’d rather have ordered from AJ than NY, especially after the crap NY pulled with the DX VF-1A, but lesson learned for next time, AJ as much as possible.

That Legioss is amazing. They knocked it out of the park. It's got perfect proportions and the legs are nice and compact in fighter mode!

Day 1 pre-order for me barring some financial crisis. 

I was going to skip the Bikes (I like my Beagle just fine) but I almost want to buy one now to go with the Legioss.

40 minutes ago, danth said:

That Legioss is amazing. They knocked it out of the park. It's got perfect proportions and the legs are nice and compact in fighter mode!

Day 1 pre-order for me barring some financial crisis. 

I was going to skip the Bikes (I like my Beagle just fine) but I almost want to buy one now to go with the Legioss.

Yeah. But Beagle doesn't have Yellow nor officially released Houquet after the prototype stage. :rolleyes: 

So now is the perfect time to complete the Ride Armors. :good:

Edited by no3Ljm

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

How much should we charge for our Legioss?

> People are paying 28k for the evolution toy!

Ours is way better so we'll charge the same and dominate. Yay!

Dominate for me! :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Tober said:

The Legioss on that photo stream are old. The price tag still says Y25000 not Y28000. And the release month still says July instead of September. Which I believe it's the first time we saw how much it's going to be.

Edited by no3Ljm