3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

To be honest, at the beginning I tried to preorder 2 from them before. In which I cancelled when the Japanese store posted theirs weeks after since I find ordering from them for 2 bikes is atleast $20-30 cheaper. And that's a big thing.

From BBTS if you order 2 bikes, your total is $402. Whereas at HLJ since they have Ley's bike in stock I can check their shipping options. For EMS, it will be Y41490 ($372.16*). For FedEx Economy, it's Y42050 ($377.18*). And for DHL Express, it will be Y42980 ($385.52*). And this is a good reference if ever I decided to place an order with them again for Yellow's bike. And assuming that it will stay in that Y19000 price range as Ley's.

That makes sense, and I agree that that is a significant difference.

From what I remember from the last time that I was shopping around (and I may be misremembering), it was when I was preordering Ray and when I was preordering the Arcadia Garland, more or less around the same time and getting two of each. I ended up going with HLJ on the two Garlands, since I think it saved me like $40 or so. I ended up going with BBTS for the two Rays, since I think it only cost me like $5 or so more but I felt more comfortable with them resolving any issues I might have with defective products, if it ever came up (as happened once years ago).

For now, I preordered from BBTS since I have a few other things in my pile of loot that should be coming out right around the same time (fingers crossed), but I'll cancel if one of the other sites offers a significant discount.

19 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

That makes sense, and I agree that that is a significant difference.

From what I remember from the last time that I was shopping around (and I may be misremembering), it was when I was preordering Ray and when I was preordering the Arcadia Garland, more or less around the same time and getting two of each. I ended up going with HLJ on the two Garlands, since I think it saved me like $40 or so. I ended up going with BBTS for the two Rays, since I think it only cost me like $5 or so more but I felt more comfortable with them resolving any issues I might have with defective products, if it ever came up (as happened once years ago).

For now, I preordered from BBTS since I have a few other things in my pile of loot that should be coming out right around the same time (fingers crossed), but I'll cancel if one of the other sites offers a significant discount.

I totally agree with you here. It happened to me before too on a Hot Toys figure and they've been so accommodating.

But then again, at that time I ordered one Hot Toys figure so I can't take a risk of getting an imperfect one. Whereas if I'm getting two of the bikes and one of them will have defects, then I'm pretty sure HLJ will help me out with one way or another. And at the same time, I can have both modes fix for having two. ^_^

47 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm in California. I don't remember BBTS charging me for sales tax ever since. My last order didn't have any. I'm assuming, there's no sales tax from Wisconsin. Unless you bought something from California, then there will be sales tax. 

Unfortunately, BBTS is now collecting sales tax from CA customers. They just started doing this and I remember getting an email from them about this not too long ago.

13 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Unfortunately, BBTS is now collecting sales tax from CA customers. They just started doing this and I remember getting an email from them about this not too long ago.

That's weird. I have existing orders with them which was already been paid since last week and there were no sales tax either. But as per their FAQ, they do charge CA sales tax once you're going to pay the shipping. And so far, the order that I had last Feb which was already been delivered, didn't had any sales tax on the invoice.

I'll try to update you guys once I decided to ship the orders that I have in their Pile of Loot.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm in California. I don't remember BBTS charging me for sales tax ever since. My last order didn't have any. I'm assuming, there's no sales tax from Wisconsin. Unless you bought something from California, then there will be sales tax.

FE3F677C-FDE6-4166-B311-26CAF281F56F.jpeg.5da77310d892ccff064be600b0a505df.jpeg

Here’s the email that I received and a link to more info on their site.  Looks like BBTS will be charging sales tax for a lot of other states by the end of the year.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Help/Faq#sales-tax

Edited by sh9000

11 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

FE3F677C-FDE6-4166-B311-26CAF281F56F.jpeg.5da77310d892ccff064be600b0a505df.jpeg

Here’s the email that I received and a link to more info on their site.  Looks like BBTS will be charging sales tax for a lot of other states by the end of the year.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Help/Faq#sales-tax

That's why. I was browsing that FAQ page earlier and I already saw California is already on the list. It's why I'm surprised why they hadn't charge me sales tax yet. 

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Was your shipment on 4/1 or anytime after that?  In any case there are plenty of other stores to buy from that don’t charge tax.

Well, it's still in POL. So I'll find out once I asked them to ship it in the next couple of days and if they will charge me sales tax with it.

57 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Well, it's still in POL. So I'll find out once I asked them to ship it in the next couple of days and if they will charge me sales tax with it.

You’re most likely going to get charged tax once you ship your POL.  Hope the total cost is not a lot.

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Do they? I have mine as SAL registered with HS....

SAL is not an improvement over EMS.  That just becomes United States Postal Service when it slowly hits the states.  I prefer shipping via FedEx or DHL.

2 minutes ago, levzloi said:

only disadvantage is you do rely on the yen dollar exchange rate prior to release.

I'm not going to worry about that now as long that I will secure a preorder. Same applies on DX VF-1A Max. Would you worry about the exchange rate or would you rather have a secured PO? ;)

Just now, no3Ljm said:

I'm not going to worry about that now as long that I will secure a preorder. Same applies on DX VF-1A Max. Would you worry about the exchange rate or would you rather have a secured PO? ;)

Oh I'm going for it, just playing devils advocate.   ;)