5 hours ago, Numbninja said:

Wow...they only have heart icon....so sad, seems i will never be able to contribute to @no3Ljm downvote....sigh

I knew it! :acute:

7 hours ago, enphily said:

New photos

IMG_20190214_070415.jpg

IMG_20190214_070406.jpg

IMG_20190214_070403.jpg

IMG_20190214_070345.jpg

IMG_20190214_070338.jpg

IMG_20190214_070245.jpg

Same here. Ride Armor color is too dark blue. And the extra exhaust is too much. Still hope there's a chest missile gimmick still.

As for the Legioss, I can't help thinking that somehow the proportion is closer to Wave's kit than the other figure version. 

But overall, I'm loving what I see here. Now I'm thinking if I need to get 2 for Legioss. If only if it's $50 cheaper. ^_^ 

Yea after looking at ur color choice, Noel, the dark blue could be a tad lighter. I suppose it’s the cheapest blue in toy land, something like the vf-0D blue.

Liking the legioss sculpt Looks really chunky like...

so many decisions to make...sigh...might have to sacrifice chuck for this...

22 minutes ago, Tober said:

I doubt it will actually release in July, if that's a factor. :unsure:

kinda a factor, but not by much as it only means a budget bursting year end then...:mellow: back to square one...

lets see what other balls in the air that i can drop... =@

and if harquet decides to make an appearance this year....have mercy!

Edited by seti88

11 minutes ago, lechuck said:

I'm only interested in the Legioss jets. It's part of the shows title, but the Mospeada bikes have always left me cold.

Crazy, if anything I'm the opposite, I always saw the jets as superfluous to the bikes.  I'm only getting into the Legioss and Tlead now even though as a kid I had a red triple changer.

21 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Crazy, if anything I'm the opposite, I always saw the jets as superfluous to the bikes.  I'm only getting into the Legioss and Tlead now even though as a kid I had a red triple changer.

For me, I absolutely LOVE the bikes, and it's all about the bikes for me. That said, I do like the Legioss and TLEAD a ton. I had sworn off collecting anything other than bikes a while ago... but MOSPEADA is kind of the exception when there's a toy that really strikes my fancy. Depending on the final pricing, I'll likely pick up one of each of these.

As a side note, Aramaki once said in an interview that they designed the show around the bikes and that was what they really wrote all of the original proposals around. The toy companies were telling them that they needed some planes too, due to the success of Macross licensing, so they basically went back into the office over the weekend and worked out the Legioss and TLEAD in a rush overnight for a pitch in the morning, just to keep the potential advertisers happy.

Do we have any word on whether the markings on the Legioss will be stickers or printed?  The price on the Legioss is a bit high for my liking (though not a complete deal breaker), but it could be more palatable if it turns out that they took a page from Bandai's playbook and printed everything.

3 minutes ago, SuperSenpai said:

Do we have any word on whether the markings on the Legioss will be stickers or printed?  The price on the Legioss is a bit high for my liking (though not a complete deal breaker), but it could be more palatable if it turns out that they took a page from Bandai's playbook and printed everything.

There's a big chance that it's mostly tampoed. I don't remember the bikes came with some optional stickers.

And seeing that new Legioss pics... Oh yes, I'm IN! 8)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

There's a big chance that it's mostly tampoed. I don't remember the bikes came with some optional stickers.

And seeing that new Legioss pics... Oh yes, I'm IN! 8)

Is their any particular reason you in for legioss?...also it seems there is a divide amongst the ppl here and most are waiting for images of the fighter mode to make a final decision on this.

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

As a side note, Aramaki once said in an interview that they designed the show around the bikes and that was what they really wrote all of the original proposals around. The toy companies were telling them that they needed some planes too, due to the success of Macross licensing, so they basically went back into the office over the weekend and worked out the Legioss and TLEAD in a rush overnight for a pitch in the morning, just to keep the potential advertisers happy.

If only for that one instance, I'm greatful that marketing sense kicked-in. Otherwise it would have been awkward seeing the Mars soldiers diving to earth on only their MOSPEADAs.

16 minutes ago, Numbninja said:

Is their any particular reason you in for legioss?...also it seems there is a divide amongst the ppl here and most are waiting for images of the fighter mode to make a final decision on this.

For one, I don't own a Legioss figure. Didn't get a chance of owning a Gakken back in the 80's when it came out nor having the CM's releases. Read about stuff about the Toynami releases. I had high hopes about the Evolution release until I read and watch videos of it. Since I have the Sentinel Ride Armors, I really appreciate Sentinel's take on it in the overall quality of it. So this time, I'm ready to own one. I'm pretty sure it's not the perfect Legioss compared to the lineart and other toy incarnation. And I'm already liking how the Fighter mode looks in the early stage of prototype. I like how short it is compared to Evolution. So I'm willing to take a chance on this. ;)

6 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

For me, I absolutely LOVE the bikes, and it's all about the bikes for me. That said, I do like the Legioss and TLEAD a ton. I had sworn off collecting anything other than bikes a while ago... but MOSPEADA is kind of the exception when there's a toy that really strikes my fancy. Depending on the final pricing, I'll likely pick up one of each of these.

Just the Tlead, the Legioss was always part of the show but it was originally a burner vehicle, getting used and blown up then others found later.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Just the Tlead, the Legioss was always part of the show but it was originally a burner vehicle, getting used and blown up then others found later.

Sorry, I guess I misremembered. I thought the plane at that point in time wasn't transformable, but just a somewhat generic fighter (and a burner vehicle, as you said).

13 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I didn't know that but the bikes were the main point of the show for me as well. I know I didn't start the show from the first episode. That was a pattern with me and most cartoons. I think it was either the Separate Ways episode or the 3rd episode on the abandoned island. That 3rd episode was another reason I was upset about the old toy. Scott jumping around buildings in the Cyclone was so cool and I wanted that toy. When the toy kept crumbling I was disgusted. As a kid I thought the toy should be sturdy enough to behave like in the cartoon.

But that whole travel feel of Mospeada / New Generation is what made the show for me. Being on the bikes and going from location to location. Getting into different adventures and situations.

As many Mospeada items have come out over the years and are coming out (moreso given its proximity to Macross and somewhat fervent following), Mospeada could probably use its own sub-board.  Either that or split the Sci-Fi and Anime into separate boards.

Edited by easnoddy
clarification

7 hours ago, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said:

I believe it to be 1/45, some touted their legioss/alpha as 1/55 but in reality they (Toynami) just faked it till you make it by iterating on a 1:48 model that Imai sold for years.

As our erstwhile Captain America has already proved, Tatsunoko just "faked it 'til you make it" with the official Legioss dimensions to begin with... so the stated scales have always been rather useless and irrelevant, really, since they're so inconsistently applied.

Having a proper height measurement in Armo-Soldier mode would be far more practical.