3 hours ago, F18LEGIOSS said:

Yeah it looks like custom plaplate added to the toy...

I don't like those hexagons at all, but won't stop me from preordering.

I will file them down and paint the missile covers. I find them very distracting, IMO.

Now where is the preorder button??

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I wonder what happened to this prototype. Will there be another offering for Legioss fans?

Toynami-160-Alpha-3.jpg.471a6f046cb84036e4f9f4bdd39fd251.jpgToynami-160-Alpha-2.jpg.414a7f8279c7796329a67b2b84aa721d.jpg

It does seem they were pretty far along but then it no-showed at the next SDCC and hasn't been heard from since. I'd like to see it be made but if I were a Toynami exec (LOL, think I'm making that company sound way bigger than it probably is), I'd probably shelve it with both ET and Sentinel already in the market. What they should be doing is trying to ink a deal with Sentinel to start bringing stuff over but that boat already seems to have sailed. 

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I don't like those hexagons at all, but won't stop me from preordering.

I will file them down and paint the missile covers. I find them very distracting, IMO.

Now where is the preorder button??

If I were to hazard a guess, until I see those chest flaps actually open, those hexagons may be the ports for the re-imagined missile launcher.

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

I was thinking/hoping the same but I don't see any hinges.

They look like they're molded as part of the larger plates/flaps, and just painted a different color. I think they're a decorative/stylistic element.

Personally, I like them, but I can appreciate how others might not.

Have to say (may not be popular) but I don't mind the tabs on the blades of the new Mospeada.

People keep saying high end piece. To be honest its not really is it.

After all clothed 1/12 figures seem to market for £80-£100+. We certainly don't call Mezco high end with the constant corners they keep cutting.

Now add the transformable bike tbh its a steal when you get these at retail prices.

Hell just look at ebay with Riobots Mospeada going $200 to $400. The older 1/18 CM Brave Rider Mospeada  (love these but tricky and fiddly buggers) equalling that price. Plus of course Beagles 1/10 going for anywhere between $400 to over $1000.

That's the only time ou could call High end when the greedy have forced the price rise. Though that's a different matter.

Honestly the Blade tabs are nothing or a quick sand job to remove.

11 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I love Macross, but seeing the Legioss and ride armors brings back more of that feeling from youth watching cartoons on Saturday.

It is that feeling that causes 40 yr old men to drop $1,000’s on toys.  

The memory of the magical days.

Yes sir! I have to agree on what you feel coz I'm also part of that age number. ;)  

And just so you know, Valkyries, Legioss, and Ride Armors are just part of the two-thirds of your Saturday Cartoons. Imagine if some company will pick up Southern Cross, the last one-third of that franchise and make a cool figures of it? Our wallets are doomed. But thankfully, I'm not a big fan of that one-third. :rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, levzloi said:

I agree, I don't think they actually open, and are molded to the chest piece, but I think that may be what they represent.

Yes, I believe they may represent actual ports. Unless the whole chestpiece plugs in/out, instead of being hinged (like the Megahouse where you change the chestpieces). 

If Sentinel does not have opening missile bays, combined with those pegs on the blades, they really blundered.  

Even Megahouse had opening missile bays and no ugly peg on the blades.  Megahouse has a simple hinge opening with missiles in the bay.  They even give you spent missiles to change in and out if you want to simulate them being fired.

Edited by Ridden001

2 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

It is that feeling that causes 40 yr old men to drop $1,000’s on toys.  

The memory of the magical days.

It was our 40 yr old parents back in the day who said no to you for buying toys over $10.  Now your $1000 is just making the wrongs of past right.

It’s still a little premature to assume that the chest doesn’t open to show the missiles.  I’m hoping Sentinel is holding back from revealing this feature.  

Besides if the Mospeada chests can rotate to have two types of headlights, I don’t see why they can’t do the same on the Blowsuperior.

In any case, maybe Sentinel can still make some modifications to the production versions.  Wouldn’t be the first time they made slight changes from the prototype.

10 minutes ago, jenius said:

Sentinel confirmed scale on their Legioss is 1/48, said they had a typo issue at the show. Again, at this size those scales are pretty interchangeable. 

Good to see the little VR041s with the ET.

So that means the Sentinel will essentially be the same size as the Toynami? If so that's great news for my Beta's! 

1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

So that means the Sentinel will essentially be the same size as the Toynami? If so that's great news for my Beta's! 

If that's correct, then that's actually bigger than I was expecting.

7 minutes ago, Tober said:

Meanwhile, here's a pic from Mercy Usagi, who does illustrations for Sentinel.

Maybe a sign of things to come..?

https://mobile.twitter.com/mercy_usagi/status/1094686769285455872?s=21

Thanks Alex! :)

"It has nothing to do with development, this is fan art! !" is what pops up on my screen.

Honestly, I want a TLEAD, but want it equally "reimagined".

Lancer looks awesome. Disappointed that Rook wasn't there. But the excitement for the line isn't making me worried. The Alpha looks pretty good too.

Was the non-transforming Alpha there?

Can’t stop looking at it. Love the details. Can’t wait for June and July. :wub:

I have to add that the reimagining designs of the Ride Armors added more uniqueness on Yellow’s ride. ^_^ 

C6C628D0-DA04-4880-BEB7-0AEA6A03D6AB.thumb.jpeg.969a6fe1123da0ac96e44a5e99c9f59b.jpeg

4354E43A-1E4C-4EBD-A5E3-8C3AB3962374.thumb.jpeg.f78c394a3873afdcd15f83c72c4f6e7f.jpeg

84DDA5E4-5DB9-4266-A1FE-CAD612479C32.thumb.jpeg.b305860efdb418a74f70d7d4e8cef175.jpeg

C32820BC-E42E-41F9-BCF3-4291EFFAEFCB.thumb.jpeg.73787c7c8ddb189946bdda3bd45301f4.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I have to add that the reimagining designs of the Ride Armors added more uniqueness on Yellow’s ride.

I just hope the Yellow figure is unique.  Stig and Ray can share proportions, but Yellow should be much taller and thinner than the others.

11 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

WF2019W_89.jpgFrom the Speaker podcast (Tochiro's) post. 

fighter looks nice from that angle and the back is nice and short....granted this is just art.  the legs are fat but somehow thinner in fighter mode?  also lok slike leg joint is attached ot not the traditional area on the hip but higher up on the torso in the fighter mode-maybe ther is anotehr armature the joint it attached to.   bottom line... need to see the actual toy in fighter mode.