4 minutes ago, lechuck said:

I like the appearance of the Legioss. Pretty neat how they got the nosecone not to overhang in robot mode.

And it seems like it will have good amount and actually usable articulation.

But why on earth are they using an awkward 1/45 scale!? Miffed about that.

The scale is almost certainly backed into. My guess is they wanted it to be the same size as the Riobot ride armor and the 'scale' is just the math derived from that size. besides, at these sizes there's almost no difference between 1/45 and 1/48.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

The scale is almost certainly backed into. My guess is they wanted it to be the same size as the Riobot ride armor and the 'scale' is just the math derived from that size. besides, at these sizes there's almost no difference between 1/45 and 1/48.

Most likely a thinly veiled concession to avoid being in direct competition with Evolution Toy's offering. It's bad form to sell licenses to two different companies to produce the same toy in the same scale and cannibalize each others' market. Technically, Sentinel's should be larger, but something tells me it'll be a smaller figure.

12 minutes ago, captain america said:

Most likely a thinly veiled concession to avoid being in direct competition with Evolution Toy's offering. It's bad form to sell licenses to two different companies to produce the same toy in the same scale and cannibalize each others' market. Technically, Sentinel's should be larger, but something tells me it'll be a smaller figure.

Not likely, Evolution Toy doesn't advertise a scale.

13 hours ago, seti88 said:

i wish the upvote buttons were around...+1 for the compilation :D

The two hexa designs on the blow superior missile panels irked me a bit, as it didnt look like it quite fit in design wise. However all the other design cues such as color and stripes were spot on!

I am so wishing someone would just open up the panels and display the missiles! :rolleyes:

The legioss has that chunky look, definately want to see fighter as well b4 committing... 

4 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

I only have one critique of what appears to be a feature of design.  I don’t like the pegs on the bottom edge of the blades, if you look at the blade housing there is a slot that terminates and it appears to be the design to stop the blades at a specific point when retracted by having the peg stop where the slot terminates.

If the peg on the blade is static, this is a massive blunder of epic proportions.  It’s using 80’s transformer toy tech on a premium adult item showpiece.

Who at Sentinel approved that as an acceptable solution?  

Yeah, I'm not feeling either of these two design choices.  Hopefully, they made it so the blades fully retract (since it didn't look that way with the last bike prototype pics).

And I'd like to see someone make Yellow whip out those "mitty tissiles," :rolleyes: just to confirm that they're under there.

Also noticed that the helmet is slightly different from Stick and Rey's.

. . . . But of course, I'm gonna be pre-ordering this the first chance I get!

If Sentinel really wants me to purchase their Legioss, they should show CAD designs for a connecting TREAD.  :ph34r:

Lastly, I take it that it's too early for them to show a prototype for Fuke and the Bartley?

Edited by Mog

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Move over to the side, Arcadia and your PF's. Sentinel's got my money for the rest of this year. :rolleyes:

sentinel_legioss.thumb.jpg.0d0d227cc0fec1fe077c5f54b7bcdfbc.jpg

sentinel_yellow.thumb.jpg.7cf11c9149db2c1b9ae5e63becfe1fee.jpg

This is what I was waiting for , for the other versions of the Mospeada and finally most probably will also jump into the Legioss figure as well, this one the quality and detail looks effing great. 

And of course we can't miss how our wallet feels :D 

Hikaru-Shooting-Wallet-by-NO3LJM-500px_z

50 minutes ago, Mog said:

Yeah, I'm not feeling either of these two design choices.  Hopefully, they made it so the blades fully retract (since it didn't look that way with the last bike prototype pics).

And I'd like to see someone make Yellow whip out those "mitty tissiles," :rolleyes: just to confirm that they're under there.

If Sentinel really wants me to purchase their Legioss, they should show CAD designs for a connecting TREAD.  :ph34r:

Lastly, I take it that it's too early for them to show a prototype for Fuke and the Bartley?

The blades looks like can be retracted if you only check the image at the bottom. On the blade part, there's a tab that's porbably slide in in the white part area of the gauntlet.

And as far as I remember, Yellow's helmet is also different from Stick's and Ley's. His visor goes past the mouth guard.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

sentinel_yellow.thumb.jpg.7cf11c9149db2c1b9ae5e63becfe1fee.jpg

^^As long as the blades slide completely into the gauntlets, I'll learn to live with the design compromise.

And the bit about the helmet was just a "Oh!  Cool little difference" moment/observation.  Nothing more.

Edited by Mog

Yep, it looks like those tabs on the blade are there to provide a means to slide the blades out of the wheel housing once they have been fully retracted. Without the tabs,  the fully retracted blades wold have no means by which to be extricated.

Based on that design they would have no other way, I agree and understand.  I’m saying another design would have just been better and  has been done before.  

I think that peg will be the most glaring blunder of this release.

“Lets add an ugly peg to the blades”  great call Sentinel.

Edited by Ridden001

28 minutes ago, Chas said:

Yep, it looks like those tabs on the blade are there to provide a means to slide the blades out of the wheel housing once they have been fully retracted. Without the tabs,  the fully retracted blades wold have no means by which to be extricated.

They could have made them spring-loaded; would do away with the tab altogether and the cost of the spring would be negligible.

Until the spring wears out; or the housing holding the spring breaks. I think the pegs could have been integrated into the design unobtrusively. 

10 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Until the spring wears out; or the housing holding the spring breaks. I think the pegs could have been integrated into the design unobtrusively. 

Based on the two figures I already have, a dozen other things will go wrong/break/become floppy before the spring ever becomes an issue. The figures are nice, but the price for that great finish/detail is that they must be handled with care.

6 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

I only have one critique of what appears to be a feature of design.  I don’t like the pegs on the bottom edge of the blades, if you look at the blade housing there is a slot that terminates and it appears to be the design to stop the blades at a specific point when retracted by having the peg stop where the slot terminates.

If the peg on the blade is static, this is a massive blunder of epic proportions.  It’s using 80’s transformer toy tech on a premium adult item showpiece.

I'm totally on board with you here, those tabs are a TERRIBLE idea and ruin the otherwise perfect look.

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I guess the DX VF-1J protruding leg tabs were more forgivable than Yellow's Blade tabs, right? ^_^

I think leg tabs and this are a broad comparison.  The blades are blades, a place where a random peg is an absolute compromise of the structure itself. It would be like if they added a random peg to the back of a tail fin so you could lift it up with your finger.  I don’t have an issue with a tab on a leg, like a VF-1.  A tab on a blade? major, major blunder.

7 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I think leg tabs and this are a broad comparison.  The blades are blades, a place where a random peg is an absolute compromise of the structure itself. It would be like if they added a random peg to the back of a tail fin so you could lift it up with your finger.  I don’t have an issue with a tab on a leg, like a VF-1.  A tab on a blade? major, major blunder.

I think it is what it is. Tab or no tab, it's not going to stop me from getting it. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

I would say they must of tried multiple different ways for the blades to come in and out and decided this was the best way for them to proceed with the ride armor. Personally it doesn't bother me the slightest and I am glad we are getting the rest. I really wish they showed off a Houquet prototype.

In the end I am buying no matter what as I really like the ride armors, and these redesigns more so than the originals.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:05 AM, captain america said:

New Blow Superior looks great! Legioss, not so much. Looks like Sentinel caught-on about the accessories. Wonder where they got that idea? :lol:

In fairness, Stick and Ray already seemed to have the connection point designed into them when they were first released.

18 hours ago, seti88 said:

i wish the upvote buttons were around...+1 for the compilation :D

The two hexa designs on the blow superior missile panels irked me a bit, as it didnt look like it quite fit in design wise. However all the other design cues such as color and stripes were spot on!

I am so wishing someone would just open up the panels and display the missiles! :rolleyes:

The legioss has that chunky look, definately want to see fighter as well b4 committing... 

I get that they don't quite seem to fit design-wise, but, honestly, I like them. It's all a matter of personal taste, but the look appeals to me.

11 hours ago, tekering said:

Hate to agree, Cap'n, but yeah... Those proportions are disappointing.

DzApbBTVAAAAykS.jpg

Massive chest and squat little legs might make for a decent Armo-Fighter, but Soldier mode's an eyesore... especially that shoulder-mounted sensor array thing.  :unsure:

I like the proportions. May not be lineart accurate, but I view all of the Sentinel MOSPEADA stuff as a "reimagining", and I like the look.

Again, it's all each person's individual tastes.

9 hours ago, enphily said:

That's all subjective, but i like proportions of new Legioss.

DzD4zmVUwAAeN0j.jpg

Agreed.

9 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

I assume that those are less about a stop to prevent over-retraction, and more something sticking out on the inside that you can grab with a finger nail to extend the blade, but I agree with you. It's an old approach used for decades, and it would have been nice to see some more innovative engineering there.

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I like the proportions. May not be lineart accurate, but I view all of the Sentinel MOSPEADA stuff as a "reimagining", and I like the look.

THIS!!! Nobody really threw a lot of shade towards the new "reimagined ride armors! , so why all the hate towards the new Legioss?  I dig it! If nothing else,  it CAN NOT be any worse than ET's offerings ... can it???

6 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm holding out some small hope that the scale was backed into so as to offer a TLEAD at a feasible scale.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Move over to the side, Arcadia and your PF's. Sentinel's got my money for the rest of this year. :rolleyes:

Sentinel/1000Toys have already been getting a ton of my money these last few weeks with all the Tsutomu Nihei figures... But I can't stop!

4 hours ago, Chas said:

Sorry, wrote my reply saying the same thing before I saw that you already beat me to it.

Regarding the blade tabs, personally, I would have had the tabs stick out on the bottom part of the gauntlet (the part that faces the ground in bike mode).

It'd result in a gappy slot/track where the tabs would slide about, but it would be slightly less obvious than having the tab on the blade.

Worse comes to worse, I'll just slice the tab off and use a push-pin to slide the blade in and out.

Honestly, I can live with it:

Don't know if the Sisko is supposed to represent us or Sentinel's design team. :p

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

My thoughts exactly when i saw yellow's ride!!

...Although the OD PF is making me restless...but am even considering missing out on some bandai stuff too :shok::p

5 hours ago, Mog said:

Fuke was teased last year i cant recall if that was a pic of the old or new prototype...either way...mospeada goodness!!

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The blades looks like can be retracted if you only check the image at the bottom. On the blade part, there's a tab that's porbably slide in in the white part area of the gauntlet.

And as far as I remember, Yellow's helmet is also different from Stick's and Ley's. His visor goes past the mouth guard.

Whoa i forgot abt the possibility of retracting blades....when is the PO date dangit...

4 hours ago, captain america said:

They could have made them spring-loaded; would do away with the tab altogether and the cost of the spring would be negligible.

oh wishing for some 80's spring loaded goodness again.....

56 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

In fairness, Stick and Ray already seemed to have the connection point designed into them when they were first released.

I get that they don't quite seem to fit design-wise, but, honestly, I like them. It's all a matter of personal taste, but the look appeals to me.

Agreed.

I assume that those are less about a stop to prevent over-retraction, and more something sticking out on the inside that you can grab with a finger nail to extend the blade, but I agree with you. It's an old approach used for decades, and it would have been nice to see some more innovative engineering there.

49 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

THIS!!! Nobody really threw a lot of shade towards the new "reimagined ride armors! , so why all the hate towards the new Legioss?  I dig it! If nothing else,  it CAN NOT be any worse than ET's offerings ... can it???

On the blade tabs, yeah not that cool, but not a point for PO cancellation...one could always sand it down, but i wouldn't know how that might affect the bike mode experience, am sure the designers put it there for a reason they tested...

if the blades sit tight even with the tabs shaved off, then probably thats what most would do...however I do tend to let my collections be "stock"...

My sorest point design wise on yellow's ride is still the 2 hexagonal panels on the chest missile covers....not a PO killer either, but i suppose i will learn to love it....

perhaps it looks nice in bike mode instead of the headlights...