I just got the re-release Stick in.

I never owned the first version, so I don't know if it's got better QC.   It's still fiddly as all hell but I just don't think that can be helped due to the design.

I'm just really really glad I watched videos this time, unlike my mishap with the YF-19.  There's no way in hell I'd have been able to transform this thing based on the instructions alone.

3 minutes ago, onnasake said:

I just got the re-release Stick in.

I never owned the first version, so I don't know if it's got better QC.   It's still fiddly as all hell but I just don't think that can be helped due to the design.

I'm just really really glad I watched videos this time, unlike my mishap with the YF-19.  There's no way in hell I'd have been able to transform this thing based on the instructions alone.

I actually thought that this figure's transformation was fairly intuitive. I'm not genius, and have definitely needed to watch some transformation videos for other figures in the past, but this one seemed pretty fun to figure out on my own.

In fairness, I was expecting to have to open the faux gas tank during the transformation, and might have broken it trying if I'd gotten too far, but the first of the figures I was transforming had the gas tank just fall off (due to insufficient glue at the factory) before I got to that point, so that solved that transformation question.

The part where you basically unfold it all on that main little frame was the part that got me.  I'm sure I'd have broken it if I hadn't watched the video.  The tolerance was TIGHT.  It was also good to know going in how delicate this thing was, so I was more prepared to treat it like my Bandai and not my Transformers.

5 minutes ago, onnasake said:

The part where you basically unfold it all on that main little frame was the part that got me.  I'm sure I'd have broken it if I hadn't watched the video.  The tolerance was TIGHT.  It was also good to know going in how delicate this thing was, so I was more prepared to treat it like my Bandai and not my Transformers.

Gotcha. Yeah, I just assumed that it was delicate right from the start. Funny enough, I'd had some Bandai stuff come in right before these came in, so I was in that mindset.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:09 PM, easnoddy said:

Wait, WTH?

I had a preorder with amiami for the Jota Legioss and HMR Nexx and I cannot find that order on their site ANYWHERE...it simply disappeared.

WTH?  Amiami messages are going to my spam folder (and the order was cancelled)????

Did amiami send you a payment request and you never saw it so your orders got cancelled? I only have a couple preorders with amiami right now and it's for an item that doesn't seem like it will come out for a long time but now i'll be sure to check my spam folder occasionally (though the notices that it has been delayed are coming through).

So my Jota Legioss is in PW waiting for the DX VF-1J to be released. In the meantime, CDJapan is still working on shipping my Ride Armor reissues. According to NY, the Dark Legioss is scheduled to be in stock until 12/30. Usually I pay those notices as soon as I get them but I just don't trust that ET is actually going to hit that target... 

22 hours ago, jenius said:

According to NY, the Dark Legioss is scheduled to be in stock until 12/30. Usually I pay those notices as soon as I get them but I just don't trust that ET is actually going to hit that target... 

Eta was delayed three months, Zeta and Iota were both delayed a month, so safe to assume that the Dark Legioss will also be delayed. I hope it is, otherwise the end of December will totally clean me out.

Heads up Amazon JP has Stick for $158 shipped (just ordered one and that’s what it came to after currency conversion) and Rey is a bit more. Didn’t order one but looks like it should come to $171ish. Amazon JP usually has orders to my door in US in under 4 days also. Anyone still in the market might want to pay them a visit. Aside from used I’ve never seen these cheaper. 

27 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Heads up Amazon JP has Stick for $158 shipped (just ordered one and that’s what it came to after currency conversion) and Rey is a bit more. Didn’t order one but looks like it should come to $171ish. Amazon JP usually has orders to my door in US in under 4 days also. Anyone still in the market might want to pay them a visit. Aside from used I’ve never seen these cheaper. 

Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered both ended up saving around $90 from my pre-order with BBTS. 

Chris

I opened up my Stick Reissue and I would say it's better than my first run. No stress marks on the handlebars, ankle guards stay on and the paint on his stomach hasn't easily chipped off while posing him. I'll transform it later to see if other tolerances have been improved. 

So I'm way out of the loop: besides Evolution Toy, is anyone else, preferably of  better repute, making a transforming Legioss toy?  My old Toynami is nice to look at, but I daren't play with it lest something break or crumble. But I love the aesthetics of it, and would love a more durable toy borrowing the same visual aesthetic. 

If the ET turns out better than their VF-2 toys, and from what I've read, that wasn't a high benchmark, I'd consider it, but at this point something with Bandai quality would be wonderful. Dreams aside, Kitz Concept look like the most reasonable option if they make a Legioss down the road. Their VF-1 looks nice, and I have one of their SD VF-1 figures, which is a neat little figure. Anyway, I just popped in here just out of curiosity and saw Legioss mentioned, so I thought I'd ask about it.

While I have no interest in the Ride Armor, best wishes to everyone who buys a copy  that it turns out to be a nice, fairly durable, and fun toy. 

What is the best video for transforming instruction of the Sentinel MOSPEADA? I remember somewhere in this thread there was a video that had a better transformation order and how to avoid over stressing a key joint.

Chris

Ooh, that Sentinel Legioss is looking gaptastic.  Any pics/links to battroid?  

I just looked at Evolution's Iota version on HLJ, and it looks nice. Pretty expensive, though. May have to look at a review or two.

Yeah, Winter Wonderfest in about three months should have a better prototype of the Sentinel Legioss. I think there are angles where you can see the various resin pieces taped together. The transformation sequence is slightly different to the standard as well.

5 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Ooh, that Sentinel Legioss is looking gaptastic.  Any pics/links to battroid?  

I just looked at Evolution's Iota version on HLJ, and it looks nice. Pretty expensive, though. May have to look at a review or two.

I wouldn‘t touch the ET one with a ten foot pole. Sentinel does at least know how to make a quality product.

13 hours ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

hmmm i've looked into this but they don't ship to us. how did you make it work

6 hours ago, cmx168 said:

Both the Stick and Rey I ordered have already shipped to me here in the US and I just ordered yesterday.

Chris

9 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

I really hope Sentinel does not go and paint every damn surface on their legioss. I want to be able to transform it multiple times without it shedding paint left and right. 

paint is fine, the thickness of it just has to be designed in...unless you are talking about surfaces that require friction to work.

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

paint is fine, the thickness of it just has to be designed in...unless you are talking about surfaces that require friction to work.

Full painting a non-transforming figure is fine, but the legioss design in particular has a lot of collapsing and folding sections to achieve the transformation. I would not trust any toy company to paint every surface of it and expect to get the right amount of clearance between parts. 

11 hours ago, cmx168 said:

Just set up an Amazon JP account same as you would a US account. There is a button for English up top somewhere. Only slight hitch is that only Amazon themselves and VERY few other sellers will ship to US though. Akihabara Shop JP also ships to US.  Usually the best prices you will find and ships FAST!  I ordered my Stick yesterday and just got a text alerting me that the DHL shipment would be arriving Monday. 

Whilst I await delivery of the reissues, has anyone handled one of the Riobot reissues yet?  Are there any notable improvements?  The only real complaint I’ve had and that I hope they address is the foot armor popping off and the bike handguards /shoulder armor popping off easily. I like that the arm pistons etc pop off easily. Prevents stress or breakage when posing. But those two aforementioned areas to me are inexcusably looser than needed. Still one of my favorite purchases this year though. IMHO edges out the Beagle as best ride armor toy ever (I mean there’s so many contenders right?). Also looks like only the second manufacturer that’s willing to give us a complete set. Go Sentinel go!!!

I asked someone at Sentinel so I could determine if I needed to do an updated review, I'll let you know what I hear back. I suspect they made it so the head ball joint is tighter but I doubt anything else changed.

Edited by jenius

28 minutes ago, jenius said:

I asked sometime at Sentinel so I could determine if I needed to do an updated review, I'll let you know what I hear back. I suspect they made it so the head ball joint is tighter but I doubt anything else changed.

Cool thanks. I’ll actually know myself tomorrow at some point. I know they didnt include one but a swappable unpainted or traditionally painted visor would be a marked improvement. Maybe with Yellow/Houquet. 

I received my reissues today from Amazon.jp, wow that was fast! These are great toys. I only transformed the Stick version. The foot armor didn’t pop off to easily. The most fiddly part was the gauntlets and the ball joints on both ends of the gauntlet pistons. In the end I just disconnected the ball joint on the gauntlet and that freed up the arms. Speaking of the pistons...my man are they stiff! I may grease them up. Figuring out how all those parts are supposed to be twisted here and there for the pistons and thigh armor is very tricky, otherwise the transformation is pretty fun. Rey seems nice too, but I’m just displaying him in bike mode with Stick Jumping in the armor behind him.

Chris

p.s. I don’t have the originals so I can’t compare. Sorry.

Just got done messing with my second run Rey and he is a huge improvement over my first run Stick. The foot/leg armor didn't fall off once while transforming and only one of the shoulder armors popped off. The head is also on there nice and tight now, I tried to take the helmet head off to make transformation easier and the ball joint at the neck joint and chest popped off instead :lol:. Also no paint scratch on the belly yet, that was the first thing that happened to Stick when I took him out of the box so I was probably just being careful. If anyone doesn't have a Sentinel Mospeada yet try and get a second run version, I'm ready for Yellow and Houquet!