So i've been able to snag an unopened Evolution Toy ETA Legioss  for about Y17000, before seeing all the reviews on this site (of course).  My question is: is it worth opening, or would I be better off just trying to get rid of the thing and waiting for an eventual Sentinel release?  I know that one of the main complaints is that the toy is overpriced for what it is, but with close to $100 off the MSRP, would you say it is worth it?

The qc is a crapshoot, if you got a good one, at that price, it might seem almost reasonable. If you got a bad one, obviously not. The sentinel seems like it will be significantly smaller, and possibly a bit reinterpreted, so might be different enough that you wouldn't feel it's a perfect substitute. Wish I paid that price for mine!

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

I really dig my ET Zeta Legioss. Only a couple minor gripes really.

Really looking forward to the other two ET Legioss and Sentinel Blowsuperior, Hoquet and Legiosses.

I really like both my ET Eta and Zeta Legioss. They are well designed toys. Don't have any QC issues with mine but they could be much better with improved tolerances. Can't wait for the other two planned releases. 

So, I'm looking at Sentinel's 1:12 Mospeada ride-armor, with its skinny little boots...

set88719_0_1527130542.jpg?v=1527130542

And Aoshima's vintage 1:12 model, with its massive boots...

genesis-climber-mospeada-variable-mospea

...and I figure, why not just swap 'em?

mutual_beneficiaries.thumb.jpg.2ec27e34421ca1e8ec4a9c293a08f892.jpg

Aoshima's figure still sucks, but I think Sentinel's looks way better in Aoshima boots.  

I've just gotta paint 'em up to match.  ^_^

1 minute ago, tekering said:

So, I'm looking at Sentinel's 1:12 Mospeada ride-armor, with its skinny little boots...

set88719_0_1527130542.jpg?v=1527130542

And Aoshima's vintage 1:12 model, with its massive boots...

genesis-climber-mospeada-variable-mospea

...and I figure, why not just swap 'em?

mutual_beneficiaries.thumb.jpg.2ec27e34421ca1e8ec4a9c293a08f892.jpg

Aoshima's figure still sucks, but I think Sentinel's looks way better in Aoshima boots.  

I've just gotta paint 'em up to match.  ^_^

Nice job.
For those liking the classic look this will be a great idea.

The Aoshima/Imai boots will look even more comical in ride-mode, and likely won't even fit on the bike. I happen to prefer the Sentinel boot size and design, which is much more realistic and utilitarian than the oversized clown boots. I doubt a soldier would even be able to run properly with the latter, his knees clunking together as he trips over himself while the Inbit look-on, laughing!

While the figure is fiddly AF, I still think Sentinel scored a big win with their Ride-Armors.

8 minutes ago, captain america said:

The Aoshima/Imai boots will look even more comical in ride-mode, and likely won't even fit on the bike.

Actually, they do fit on the bike, although they look as comically-oversized as most other Mospeada toys...

fits.thumb.jpg.21c88d851e16e9c71770034102cc6e03.jpg

However, unlike most other Mospeada toys, they can support the ride armor unassisted.  :good:

freestanding.thumb.jpg.cd60a1c983c0e6d9490a1082f487b728.jpg

But yes, the Sentinel boots are obviously preferable in bike mode.

Nice mod, Tekering. :good:;)

To me, my main issue with characters in an armored suits is that how skinny they should be outside the suits? Iron Man(s) included. As an individual figure, it looks proportioned. But once you put it beside another character from the same set/scale, it still looks proportion as long that you don't see some 'human' parts on it. But once you put the head accessory, it always threw me off. Please don't get me wrong. I love human/mech figures but it's still interests me to see a figure done correctly proportionately with an actual human form. Kinda like how thick a sleek Iron Man armor fits in real figure. :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I love human/mech figures but it's still interests me to see a figure done correctly proportionately with an actual human form. Kinda like how thick a sleek Iron Man armor fits in real figure. :rolleyes:

186680978_animemagic.thumb.jpg.111af14dad997b5295047d114c9b6fb5.jpg

On 10/14/2018 at 12:10 PM, jenius said:

My bet:
June 2019 Eta Legioss (Q1 preorders)
September/October 2019  the Brough Superior (Q2 preorders)
Summer Wonderfest 2019 - mock up of Houquet ride armor and Iota and Zeta Legioss toys
December 2019 Iota Legioss 
March 2020 Zeta Legioss
June 2020 Houquet Ride Armor
Q4 2020 Shadow Legioss
Q.1 2021 Shinobu Ride Armor

I have been informed that my wild guessing is wrong. :) 

I have not been told what would be correct. 

On 10/19/2018 at 8:59 AM, no3Ljm said:

Nice mod, Tekering. :good:;)

To me, my main issue with characters in an armored suits is that how skinny they should be outside the suits? Iron Man(s) included. As an individual figure, it looks proportioned. But once you put it beside another character from the same set/scale, it still looks proportion as long that you don't see some 'human' parts on it. But once you put the head accessory, it always threw me off. Please don't get me wrong. I love human/mech figures but it's still interests me to see a figure done correctly proportionately with an actual human form. Kinda like how thick a sleek Iron Man armor fits in real figure. :rolleyes:

This is something that has always bothered me. I'm an anime fan... I'm a scifi fan... I'm a former (and still sometime) engineer with experience relevant to this type of stuff... and I'm a mediocre (at best) amateur artist. I love these types of designs A LOT, but hate how armored figures are drawn with human proportions of the complete armor, instead of human bodies underneath multiple inches of armor and tech.

As cool as the scenes were of the ladies putting the armor on in BGC, once on, it went back to proportions that could only fit skeletons inside... skeletons with displaced hips and shoulders.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:29 AM, tekering said:

Actually, they do fit on the bike, although they look as comically-oversized as most other Mospeada toys...

fits.thumb.jpg.21c88d851e16e9c71770034102cc6e03.jpg

However, unlike most other Mospeada toys, they can support the ride armor unassisted.  :good:

freestanding.thumb.jpg.cd60a1c983c0e6d9490a1082f487b728.jpg

But yes, the Sentinel boots are obviously preferable in bike mode.

Very cool work here. I love the look of the mod, and how more accurate it is to the lineart for the original MOSPEADAs. That said, I'm still keeping my Sentinels and Aoshimas as is, but it IS tempting to set one up like this for display if I ever find extras dirt cheap.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:44 PM, tekering said:

Nice!

the bigger boots do give it that classic look i felt was "missing" from sentinel's ride armors (it was never intended to look that way though).  something between the sentinels smaller boots and the classic boots would be "best" but there aren't any ready made options out there.  anyway, good idea tekering.  now lets see it all painted up!

On 10/19/2018 at 11:44 PM, tekering said:

C'mon now. :lol:

11 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

This is something that has always bothered me. I'm an anime fan... I'm a scifi fan... I'm a former (and still sometime) engineer with experience relevant to this type of stuff... and I'm a mediocre (at best) amateur artist. I love these types of designs A LOT, but hate how armored figures are drawn with human proportions of the complete armor, instead of human bodies underneath multiple inches of armor and tech.

As cool as the scenes were of the ladies putting the armor on in BGC, once on, it went back to proportions that could only fit skeletons inside... skeletons with displaced hips and shoulders.

After reading your post, I started thinking of some human/cyborg/armored figure within the animes and movies that I've seen. And the first thing that pops in my head which I think was done 'proportioned' and 'realistically' fit a human in an armor suit is RoboCop. I would assume that Peter Weller was in that same shape as RDJ when he made RoboCop in 1987.

0042_171124_gm39bw_y_3.jpg.6f1acb70dde6c141317849417bad9973.jpg

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I would assume that Peter Weller was in that same shape as RDJ when he made RoboCop in 1987.

Irrelevant.  All that OCP left of Alex Murphy was a head and partial torso ("not even a corpse," as Dr. Faxx describes):

robocop2-05.jpg

Sure, they used a man in a costume for the title character, but RoboCop could've just as easily looked like this.

robocop-2-pic-4.jpg?w=1200

Able-bodied characters like Tony Stark or the Knight Sabers, however, have no such excuse (although I thought Iron Man made the Iron Monger costume tangibly realistic)...

ironmonger.png

I never saw reason to question the physical reality of Mospeada's transformable aircraft or ride armor -- certainly not compared to, say, the constantly mass-shifting Transformers -- and there's a lot of Marvel stuff that strains credulity a lot more nowadays.  When Tony Stark steps out of the Iron Man armor wearing a three-piece suit, I call bullshit.  <_<

4 minutes ago, tekering said:

Irrelevant.  All that OCP left of Alex Murphy was a head and partial torso ("not even a corpse," as Dr. Faxx describes):

Oh yeah. Forgot that one. But size-wise, atleast it's more believable than skin tight looking armors on Iron Man. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, tekering said:

When Tony Stark steps out of the Iron Man armor wearing a three-piece suit, I call bullshit.  <_<

I can't even wear a coat over my suit without the sleeves getting messed up.

7 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Question, have there ever been any other Mospeada works created besides the original series and Live Love Alive?  I'm talking non-RT stuff.  Was there no related manga ever published?

I've only seen an animanga (a comic using stills from the anime) and unofficial doujinshi manga.

Video-wise, the only other thing is the Scramble Wars OVA, which is a comedy, Wacky Races, type of thing. It includes essentially all of the ARTMIC properties at the time it was made, so a MOSPEADA has a handful of cameo appearances on screen, but that's about it.

Manga-wise, there's what Lorindor mentioned above. I also think that I have seen a few anime magazines from around when MOSPEADA came out that had separate panels, at times up to a page, or sort of comedic MOSPEADA stuff, but I doubt it was anything too official.

I know that you said non-RT stuff, but the Eternity comic series "Robotech: Invid War" and the one-shot "Robotech: Firewalkers" (as well as the backup stories in the Annual and Megastorm) are both enjoyable and feature the New Gen characters before and during what was in the cartoon (you can probably skip "Robotech: Escape" and "Invid War Aftermath"). Yes, they're RT, include a lot of RT references and story elements, and are not MOSPEADA... but they're still better than most RT comics and can help to satisfy that itch for MOSPEADA-related stuff you might not have read before.

I also really enjoy the "VR-052 MOSPEADA" book put out by "UNNAMED UNT 2nd squadron". It's a fan book with fan illustrations, but it shows a hypothetical development program for the MOSPEADAs, including prototypes that include elements of the MZ23 Garland and the BGC Motoslaves. Just an entertaining thing to flip through every once in a while.

for those of you who been eying the ET toys zeta legioss (the red one)....get thee to amazon japan...the shpping to the states is like $11.  i paid basically full price for mine but letting you all know its like 18550 yen right now (19700 with shipping) so about 90 bucks off right now from seller "Akihabara X アキバのエックス 通販部(土日祝日も毎日出荷!宅配買取受付もやっております