On 6/17/2018 at 7:05 AM, mcfly50 said:

I took the bullet and preordered the Zeta today. After my terrible Eta experience I pray they fixed some things on quality.  Fingers crossed. 

despite being a big legioss fan i coudln't pull the trigger on the Eta based on the high price and issues people seemed to have...i think it eventually sold out anyway.  If they fixed things on the Zeta that would make it tempting.  Any indication in their release history that evolution ever fixes things between releases of different versions/decos?

4 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

despite being a big legioss fan i coudln't pull the trigger on the Eta based on the high price and issues people seemed to have...i think it eventually sold out anyway.  If they fixed things on the Zeta that would make it tempting.  Any indication in their release history that evolution ever fixes things between releases of different versions/decos?

I wouldn't expect anything beyond a slight massaging of the tooling to improve tolerances. The hideous transluscent recycled plastic will, in all likelyhood, be back for future variants too.

3 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

I heard the VF-2 got a little better, but not good enough. Anyone else know?

I have the ET VF-2SS Faerie, it's better in some places from the Silvie release but not enough to really celebrate over. 

From what I can see in the pics of the Zeta & other Legioss toys is maybe (a big maybe) the Plastic is stronger/thicker, better hands and pegs. (But don't hold your breath.)

I think jenius had suggested in his review if the head "pegged" into the fuselage that would help the toy lock together much better... keep your fingers crossed that Evo Toys thought of that too! 

Received both my Stick and Ray from BBTS late last week. Got a chance to take them out this weekend and I am pretty pleased with them. My Stick actually seems to have better tolerances with things not popping off as much.

I've only transformed Stick so far and for the most part it was pretty easy. Unfortunately the peg that is supposed to attach the bike to the back of the figure snapped off. I tried to place it back into its stored position so I wouldn't lose it but it didn't even want to go back in. I'm assuming there must be something in the way that caused it to break when I tried pulling it out that now won't allow it to go back in. Thankfully it's not a necessary part and it still holds together pretty well without it.

I tried removing the paint from the inside of Ray's helmet with mixed results. I used rubbing alcohol which took quite a while but eventually removed all of the paint. Afterwards though it wasn't crystal clear in all places like I have seen in other peoples pictures. The middle of the face shield is still kind of cloudy as if the plastic had some marring. At first I thought it might be some residual paint that was being extra stubborn but none of my paint removers did anything to it. I'm hoping to use some plastic polish or Future to fix it. 

In the end I still really like them. They are nice and solid with just enough heft to them. They also scale well with a lot of other figures I have. I will definitely buy any other version of them that Sentinel offers.

• 2 weeks later...

October 2018 for the green one and it's not a limited release like the red one. I went ahead and preordered one from HLJ. NY has the cheaper list price but they charge 5900 for shipping so I think it will net out to a very similar price and I'll be able to fall back on HLJ's service if I need to (and I can ship it with Cordon if it's out roughly on time) .

26 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

My Stick Finally arrived yesterday... haven't taken it out the box yet though :(

Nice! That’s the order you mentioned pages ago from BBTS, right? Good that you already have it. :good: 

9 hours ago, Major Tom said:

et1001.jpg

Wow, I thought spelling "Iota" with a 'J' was just a mistake they'd made on the hobby show placards, but it looks like they're fully committed to it now!  :blink:

It's not consistent with any English spelling convention, Japanese romanization system, or previous product nomenclature...  It's depressingly consistent with Mospeada merchandising trends, however.  Stick (sic), Ley (sic), and Fuke (sic) can attest to how often products are mislabeled by ignorant Japanese companies.  <_<

7 hours ago, jenius said:

I went ahead and preordered one from HLJ.

I preordered mine from Amazon.jp.

On 6/16/2018 at 11:34 AM, Mommar said:

Why dread them?  They’re pretty simple, especially if you’ve already watched videos.

Hope you're right. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I don't think I've ever transformed anything that small and intricate 

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Wow, I thought spelling "Iota" with a 'J' was just a mistake they'd made on the hobby show placards, but it looks like they're fully committed to it now!  :blink:

It's not consistent with any English spelling convention, Japanese romanization system, or previous product nomenclature...  It's depressingly consistent with Mospeada merchandising trends, however.  Stick (sic), Ley (sic), and Fuke (sic) can attest to how often products are mislabeled by ignorant Japanese companies.  <_<

I preordered mine from Amazon.jp.

Wait, I thought "Stick" was the appropriate Romanization and that he was just given a really awful name because it sounded futuristic. What's it supposed to be?

I know Sentinel ride armors are the current hot items but I do like ET's Legioss. Sculpt wise I like it a lot so I'm looking foward to the Zeta and Iota types (have both on preorder). 

Stick's ride:

20180618_175433.jpg

20180618_183419.jpg

20180618_183716.jpg

12 hours ago, tekering said:

The Italians seem to have done this a long time back with the Lamborghini Jota, an ultimate "tuner" version of the Miura supercar, and more recently again with an Aventador Jota tribute model for 2019.

Edited by Hiriyu

9 hours ago, jenius said:

Wait, I thought "Stick" was the appropriate Romanization and that he was just given a really awful name because it sounded futuristic. What's it supposed to be?

I read it somewhere (most probably here) that Stick should be Stig. But I agree with you that the straight romanization of his name is Stick. Unless they used 'Gu' instead of 'Ku' then it's just proper to romanize it as Stig.

10 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I know Sentinel ride armors are the current hot items but I do like ET's Legioss. Sculpt wise I like it a lot so I'm looking foward to the Zeta and Iota types (have both on preorder). 

Stick's ride:

20180618_175433.jpg

20180618_183419.jpg

20180618_183716.jpg

I must admit, that Legioss does look really in fighter mode! Your Stick is going to look awesome once the Zeta & Iota arrive. B))

9 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

Wasn’t there something with an “I” or J or G in a word in the last trial in Indiana Jones and the last crusade?  Where he steps on stones or something. I need to go watch that movie again. 

Yup. There’s no ‘J’ in Latin back then. So Jehovah was spelled Iehovah. 

Now you make me want to watch that movie too. ^_^

10 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Stick's ride:

20180618_175433.jpg

20180618_183419.jpg

20180618_183716.jpg

Every time I see it, I want one, but then I see the reviews and then shrug away. It would be nice if ET made some significant build quality improvements to the Zeta and Iota, but I am not hopeful. 

5 hours ago, Hiriyu said:

The Italians seem to have done this a long time back with the Lamborghini Jota

Oh, so it's Italian.  Thanks, Hiriyu.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

I heard Stig was people just applying backward rationalizations to find a less crazy name and that it's really stick...

We may never know for certain... but Stig seems a lot more likely, given all the Scandinavian, Latin, and French names Tatsunoko used in Mospeada, Urashiman, Alpen Rose, and especially Southern Cross.

Unfortunately, "Stick" seems to have stuck.  <_<

16 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Stick's ride:

20180618_175433.jpg

20180618_183419.jpg

20180618_183716.jpg

Fighter mode looks great. Much better than Toynami's. 

9 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I must admit, that Legioss does look really in fighter mode! Your Stick is going to look awesome once the Zeta & Iota arrive. B))

It really does look good in fighter. I want the Zeta now ;)

8 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Every time I see it, I want one, but then I see the reviews and then shrug away. It would be nice if ET made some significant build quality improvements to the Zeta and Iota, but I am not hopeful. 

It's not that bad. It could be improved and benefit from better and thicker materials. I have no QC issues on mine.

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Fighter mode looks great. Much better than Toynami's. 

From all the different Legioss toys out there this one is the better one in the looks departament IMO. 

23 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

*snip*

Love it, Ignacio. I have to agree it does really look great in Armo-Fighter. I really want to have a Legioss figure but I’m just waiting for it to have a heavy discount. :rolleyes:

Question though. How far can the knee bend backwards and feet ankle bends in Armo-Diver Mode? I’m trying to base it on your photo and imagining that the legs are straight and the fuselage is basically drooping down to the front. Is that how it is? And if so, how farther to the back can you lean the legs so that the fuselage is not drooping too much? And can you post a pic of showing it with VF-1 Gerwalk mode in side view. Thanks! ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love it, Ignacio. I have to agree it does really look great in Armo-Fighter. I really want to have a Legioss figure but I’m just waiting for it to have a heavy discount. :rolleyes:

Question though. How far can the knee bend backwards and feet ankle bends in Armo-Diver Mode? I’m trying to base it on your photo and imagining that the legs are straight and the fuselage is basically drooping down to the front. Is that how it is? And if so, how farther to the back can you lean the legs so that the fuselage is not drooping too much? And can you post a pic of showing it with VF-1 Gerwalk mode in side view. Thanks! ;)

Thanks Noel!

The lower legs are fully bent forward at the knees. What I did was use the heels which are not fully bent backwards so the whole Armo Diver tilts forward and the whole fuselage drops down. 

You still can lean the legs/ankle and heels back farther. It has a lot of articulation in the legs. It severly lacks side to side ankle articulation though.

I'll post pics with a VF-1 later.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

On 6/29/2018 at 12:49 PM, jenius said:

According to the Hepburn system, it's undoubtedly "Stick."

His given name in Japanese is スティック, which is romanized as Stick.

The Danish name Stig is written in Japanese as スティグ. Note that only the first three kana in the Japanese names are the same; the last ones are different.

I think that Stick's name was inspired by the Danish name Stig, but was purposely misspelled in order to add a unique wrinkle to it, such as we've seen with Focker/Fokker and Mardook/Marduk.

On 6/30/2018 at 1:29 PM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Thanks Noel!

The lower legs are fully bent forward at the knees. What I did was use the heels which are not fully bent backwards so the whole Armo Diver tilts forward and the whole fuselage drops down. 

You still can lean the legs/ankle and heels back farther. It has a lot of articulation in the legs. It severly lacks side to side ankle articulation though.

I'll post pics with a VF-1 later.

You're welcome Ignacio. And thanks also for checking that for me. I'm just curious on how the Gerwalk and Armo-Diver looks together. ;) 

2 hours ago, jenius said:

If I had to gamble, I would bet there will be no info on a Yellow you until Winter Wonderfest. 

That's perfect for me. Esp if I have to save for two bikes. ^_^

• azrael changed the title to Mospeada