I'm playing with this idea last night. Just to stay consistent on how it appeared on the Artwork Book. Let me know what you guys think. ^_^

JIgNg9s.jpg

UKJ4h5U.jpg

I have to change the Knee Armor to blue but the rest are swapped parts. ;)

Rj1nnCw.jpg

And also for some reasons, I found the headlights looks more utilitarian to me in Ride-Armor mode.

kYrSCGv.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

41 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

Is it just me or does anyone want unarmored, normal clothes versions of the characters to go with the bikes as well?

I wanted them to be in their civvies too. It’s why I tried to buy a Figuarts Body-Kun before to use it only to find out that the said figure looks too small for the bike. Would be nice if Sentinel will include it on their next releases. If not, I’m still good without it.  

39 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

Is it just me or does anyone want unarmored, normal clothes versions of the characters to go with the bikes as well?

Yeah, namely Jim, Mint and Aisha. :)

I'm not that interested in unarmored, normal clothes versions of you tho...  ;)

2 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I am hoping to have a go doing my own.

Just so many projects making 1/12 clothing as it is LOL  Be nice though if Sentinel or After Market did.

If they sold a figure pack of all the characters together in civilian clothes, or what they "normally" appeared in, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  Then give me Corg, Sera and The Regis as a bad guy 3 pack! (sorry, don't remember the actual Mospeada names) 

Edited by derex3592

CMs had a few of them in regular outfits and the seemed to do well even though they were static poses and were often posed a little oddly.  And they left out several characters - although Annie was included with Red.  Those figures show that even in a relatively poor line the figures sell.  Today they go for quite a bit on the secondary market,

On 5/27/2018 at 5:42 PM, no3Ljm said:

I'm playing with this idea last night. Just to stay consistent on how it appeared on the Artwork Book. Let me know what you guys think. ^_^

<pic>

I have to change the Knee Armor to blue but the rest are swapped parts. ;)

<pic>

And also for some reasons, I found the headlights looks more utilitarian to me in Ride-Armor mode.

I like how it looks when they're both plain. I'm sure I'd also like how they'd look if both had Tampo too hehe.

I really like these figures. My only gripe is they didn't include gallants like on the 1/10 figs.

Maybe somebody can upload one to shapeways? :D

Edited by Duymon

23 hours ago, JetJockey said:

15 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'd buy the gang in civilian clothes.

Different outfits for Stig and Ray?  That offers some intriguing possibilities...

5b0d004cf33ed_intriguingpossibilities.thumb.jpg.d2c3bff85f0066c6daba649436ce76fb.jpg

Time to make a custom Rider.

Removed silver from Visor too with this one.

Plus have a full size of this head so can do head swap.

Now deciding what colour undershot and Armour.

20180529_155248-1.jpg

20180529_155302-1.jpg

Recoloured the cloth suit on one of my STIG'S.

Went for grey. 

Undecided to leave armour or change colour. Will need change number at the very least.

New head as same I replaced in the helmet.

20180530_234008-1.jpg

20180530_173937.jpg

20180530_234126-1.jpg

20180530_234206-1.jpg

7 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Well I won't complain about thinking the SENTINEL Mospeada is too small EVER AGAIN LOL

Just seen this and WOW!!

Ronin-Oishi-Yoshio-004.jpg

So much variability between brands and their target markets. My R1 fit me perfectly (well, felt like it, anyway). Most Ducatis (except the Diavel and old Sport Classic), on the other hand... I felt like one of those circus bears riding around on the little tricycle.

Considering the uses for MOSPEADAs, I always pictured them more sized like bikes designed for both on-road and off-road touring.

hqdefault.jpg.52e1fbe0cf3cca27107cedc9717bcc19.jpg

Ducati-Multistradia-2013-Main.jpg.7c40c76390e293b5ca16100f895dac7e.jpg

2014-yamaha-super-tenere-es-05.thumb.jpg.4c85873347c3b74a9ecfbf0638248543.jpg

8 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Well I won't complain about thinking the SENTINEL Mospeada is too small EVER AGAIN LOL

Just seen this and WOW!!

b-ronin-magpul-motorcycle-600-21.jpg

Ronin-Oishi-Yoshio-001.jpg

Ronin-Oishi-Yoshio-003.jpg

Ronin-Oishi-Yoshio-004.jpg

Maybe you were implying this, but according to this article, the colour scheme was specifically chosen as a nod to Genesis Climber Mospeada.  Wow!

2 hours ago, mickyg said:

Maybe you were implying this, but according to this article, the colour scheme was specifically chosen as a nod to Genesis Climber Mospeada.  Wow!

That is what drew me to this image, the Mospeada colourscheme with "Invasion" stripes.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Can you share which parts that need to pry open to dismantle it? And was it an easy process?

TIA. ^_^

The groin plates pop off (do it carefully), bicep let's the arms pop off similar to the thigh split. Neck pops off.

Did not feel brave enough for taking the chest armour off lol

You guys are tempting me to pick up a couple of extra Riobots, while they're still available at reasonable prices.  It would be great to customize with vintage Imai model kit parts for a more accurate anime-style look, or make a modern Borough Superior (provided Sentinel doesn't release their own)... or even just repaint them in a Dark Mospeada color scheme.

Oh, and speaking of which:

5b0fe649cecbf_darkRay.thumb.jpg.7390e3b89f4d1787671f9d19fd4cb84c.jpg

I've finally added a CM's "Type 31" Dark Mospeada to my collection of 1:18th ride armors.  Say what you will about the fiddly, fragile little CM's; they released more Mospeada characters and mecha variants than any other company did back in the day, or likely ever will in the future... and they came fully-equipped with saddlebags and sidearms.  :wub:

7 hours ago, tekering said:

You guys are tempting me to pick up a couple of extra Riobots, while they're still available at reasonable prices.  It would be great to customize with vintage Imai model kit parts for a more accurate anime-style look, or make a modern Borough Superior (provided Sentinel doesn't release their own)... or even just repaint them in a Dark Mospeada color scheme.

I've finally added a CM's "Type 31" Dark Mospeada to my collection of 1:18th ride armors.  Say what you will about the fiddly, fragile little CM's; they released more Mospeada characters and mecha variants than any other company did back in the day, or likely ever will in the future... and they came fully-equipped with saddlebags and sidearms.  :wub:

I agree with you on the love for the CM'S line. I just hope someone makes an Aisha figure that can be displayed next to the rest of the characters 

On 5/31/2018 at 1:20 PM, tekering said:

Got to Love CM Brave Riders. Got enough of them LOL
Be nice to think same with Riobot But if I will have Four once I get my 2nd Rey on PO later this year.

Having seen your post, I checked my preorder I did for stick and Rey back in January at bbts. For some reason, it says my order isn’t due until October!  What’s up with that?  Are those of us who ordered thru them going to have to wait a year to get an item we ordered?  Anyone heard anything from them regarding this, because I’m ticked off!

7 minutes ago, woll622 said:

Having seen your post, I checked my preorder I did for stick and Rey back in January at bbts. For some reason, it says my order isn’t due until October!  What’s up with that?  Are those of us who ordered thru them going to have to wait a year to get an item we ordered?  Anyone heard anything from them regarding this, because I’m ticked off!

I saw the same thing today, as I was expecting an email saying the order was processing any day now.  I hope it’s a mistake!

1 minute ago, Perrych said:

I saw the same thing today, as I was expecting an email saying the order was processing any day now.  I hope it’s a mistake!

Same with mine. This is what I get for being too cheap to buy from HLJ when I had the chance. I'm guessing my second run PO from HLJ beats my BBTS 1st run order at this point. Weak.

wait what?!?

has it seriously been delayed? So what you are trying to say is that they didnt have stock to begin with, or weren't getting and now that there is a second release they are going with that??

17 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

wait what?!?

has it seriously been delayed? So what you are trying to say is that they didnt have stock to begin with, or weren't getting and now that there is a second release they are going with that??

I saw the same thing when I looked it up in my order history. I wonder what went wrong?

I preordered 8 from NY and HLJ to make sure bc it seemed bbts wouldn't come through.  I contacted bbts and asked them what was going on last week. Mike from bbts responded with this. Prior to my email I was seconds away from canceling my 4 preorders with them. I still have my 8 other preorders with their Japanese counterparts just in case.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the follow up and I will explain. We are expecting our initial shipment to be arriving within a couple of weeks so you will be good to go, the new ETA is meant to only reflect the reproduction which is to be released in the fall. I apologize for the confusion and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance in the meantime.

Have a great day!

--
Sincerely,
Mike

Customer Relations Manager