6 hours ago, jenius said:

Macross had Miria, it's similar to Votoms with Fyana.

You're right, Votoms was just as bad.  Both shows treated the female combatant as an abnormality, the otherworldly alien; the exception that proves the rule, as it were.

5 hours ago, Smacky said:

Macross had Misa and the all female bridge crew, the barrier defence system was also controlled by an all female team, and all the Meltrans.

Somehow, the Bridge Bunnies and the Pinpoint Defense Barrier crew always struck me as particularly sexist... perhaps because of their emotional immaturity in combat.  (It wasn't until the '90s that anime would codify that trope, however, and a further decade before "immature girls in combat" had become a whole genre of its own.)  <_<

Mospeada is a lot more mature and progressive by comparison... even accounting for Mint!

32 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Congrats teckno!!!! The sidekick finally arrived.

Hope Aramki/Sentinel decide to revisit and produce Yellow and Fuke.

Thanks Ignacio Ocamica. Had a whopping £40 Customs charge to pay before they gave him to me :/

You got yours yet?

Agreed on hoping Sentinel go ahead with Yellow (they have said they are working on him) and Fuke (please please please).

Question is would they do Jim and Mint maybe with his jeep???

Edited by teckno viking

16 hours ago, teckno viking said:

As for BBTS No one yet has theirs (yet i believe) as BBTS still don't have them in stock. Timeframe of a Month or 2 have been thrown around. That is of course if the Ever presence of the Legal Dept of Harmony Gold don't slap a C&D on selling them to BBTS.

BBTS got the Evolution Toys Legioss, so I think it's fair to expect the Sentinels will come through as well. But who knows, I'm eagerly awaiting for word on my order.

15 hours ago, Saburo said:

40351189290_46bf8a72e0_h.jpg

I don't know why this new visor bothers me so bad. The entire piece is incredible and the fact they even made it....but geez....I'm losing sleep over that visor. I guess I'm a purist. I don't know why but I just look at the figure as a whole and all I see is the visor. To me the beauty of the visor was the simplicity of it.

My guess is the influence comes from old Japanese Kabuki face art.

Oh well...I guess I'm just thankful they even made the thing to proper scale/etc. I'll just have to deal with the man-o-lantern.

Edited by w8kbrder

59 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'll get raped whem customs clears mine. Toys pay 50% import taxes (including shipping), so I'll have to fork out $100.

Bloody hell and I thought £40 was bad. Sorry to hear that but here's to much enjoyment once you do get him.

22 minutes ago, w8kbrder said:

I don't know why this new visor bothers me so bad. The entire piece is incredible and the fact they even made it....but geez....I'm losing sleep over that visor. I guess I'm a purist. I don't know why but I just look at the figure as a whole and all I see is the visor. To me the beauty of the visor was the simplicity of it.

My guess is the influence comes from old Japanese Kabuki face art.

Oh well...I guess I'm just thankful they even made the thing to proper scale/etc. I'll just have to deal with the man-o-lantern.

The art thsee figures are based upon does have these facial features on the visor.

They we're always there. Personally I like the updates touches to actual anime version. Though it's always going to be a personal feeling. As said some like the visors, some hate and we know it can be modded to look great too.

5 hours ago, RAXXX said:

I have the honor to present these beautiful desings created by my friend the artist Pablo Llamedo!!!

BluePrint2.jpg

foto1.jpg

foto2.jpg

foto3.jpg

foto4.jpg

foto5.jpg

foto6.jpg

foto7.jpg

foto8.jpg

foto9.jpg

foto10.jpg

foto11.jpg

foto12.jpg

foto13.jpg

preview.JPG

WOW a modern twist for a modern Twist Mospeada. I like it. How does it look with rider on too though?

Plus the Rocket Launcher is looking good.

What sort of price structure for these?

6 hours ago, RAXXX said:

I have the honor to present these beautiful desings created by my friend the artist Pablo Llamedo!!!foto8.jpg

If your friend is serious about his art, he should really invest in an SLA printer. FDM resolution is totally inadequate for miniatures. 

13 hours ago, RAXXX said:

I have the honor to present these beautiful desings created by my friend the artist Pablo Llamedo!!!

BluePrint2.jpg

preview.JPG

Nice add-one. Although I'm not sure why saddle bags would have what look like air-vents... :unsure:

Heh, I started doing the Rey bazooka too. B))

7 hours ago, tekering said:

If your friend is serious about his art, he should really invest in an SLA printer. FDM resolution is totally inadequate for miniatures. 

It's possible, with some fine tuning (like a 0.2 nozzle), to get good results with a budget FDM printer. But you're quite right, a decent SLA would be more appropriate. Otherwise making the parts available through Shapeways as high detail materials could be a viable option for most people here. :) 

59 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

Hey just curious with the 3d talent we have here.

Anyone planning or doing Inbit Scouts kits??

Or sculpt and casted kits for the old school craft lol ?

I dabble in 3D printing, but find it difficult to dedicate the time. :rolleyes:

I was looking at the Scout/Eigah, but decided to tackle a Shocktrooper/Graub first... 

41471386114_6813781dd8_k.jpg

40385389200_22bb8a0f4d_k.jpg

That's a raw (removed raft and supports) two part 3D FDM print (40 micron layer Z-height) using a 0.2 nozzle (instead of default 0.4) with PLA filament. I didn't smooth the outer edge enough in 3D, thus the faceting. I think the Z layers and rough edges will mostly clean up with minimal sanding, possibly the faceting too - either way it's still very much a WIP. I've modelled the lens too, but would need to use Shapeways to clear print it, or FDM print and recast in clear resin (difficult as it's really thin and curved). :)

Edited by Tober

1 hour ago, Tober said:

I dabble in 3D printing, but find it difficult to dedicate the time. :rolleyes:

I was looking at the Scout/Eigah, but decided to tackle a Shocktrooper/Graub first... 

41471386114_6813781dd8_k.jpg

40385389200_22bb8a0f4d_k.jpg

That's a raw (removed raft and supports) two part 3D FDM print (40 micron layer Z-height) using a 0.2 nozzle (instead of default 0.4) with PLA filament. I didn't smooth the outer edge enough in 3D, thus the faceting. I think the Z layers and rough edges will mostly clean up with minimal sanding, possibly the faceting too - either way it's still very much a WIP. I've modelled the lens too, but would need to use Shapeways to clear print it, or FDM print and recast in clear resin (difficult as it's really thin and curved). :)

Well here's wishing luck it works.

1 hour ago, captain america said:

In 1/12 scale?

Yes 1/12. Be perfect for the SentineL Mospeada.

TBH considering how long the 1/12 Mospeada kits have been about, surprised that kits don't exist of Invid at 1/12.

1 hour ago, teckno viking said:

Yes 1/12. Be perfect for the SentineL Mospeada.

TBH considering how long the 1/12 Mospeada kits have been about, surprised that kits don't exist of Invid at 1/12.

In light of the fact that enemy mecha generally have a poor sales record among Anime toys and models, have you considered the idea that such a large kit or toy would not be cost-feasible?

35 minutes ago, captain america said:

In light of the fact that enemy mecha generally have a poor sales record among Anime toys and models, have you considered the idea that such a large kit or toy would not be cost-feasible?

Possibly. However as it's been the same 1/12 Mospeada kits repeated over time and time again. You would think at least once a release.

Garage kits surprised never happened. The aftermarket is also another method it could be done too.

11 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

Possibly. However as it's been the same 1/12 Mospeada kits repeated over time and time again. You would think at least once a release.

Garage kits surprised never happened. The aftermarket is also another method it could be done too.

It costs relatively little to re-pop plastic kits when you have the dies already done; like comparing an apple to a watermelon with regards to resin models. I'm not surprised at all, considering the challenge it was to get enough orders to justify the 1/32 Legioss masters. Never recuped my investment on that--and it was one of the hero mecha of the series. 

Ask Mike Salzo how well his 1/32 Gurab did.

Second attempt on the visor (this time with Ray). 

DSC_0054.JPG.32945c8a5ce5c083582e810159e9cb94.JPG

Got the translucent look down now.  Hopefully, the third attempt will be using Tamiya clear green instead. ;)

DSC_0051.JPG.3162f7efd5a7c130a2dcd3c5505a0380.JPGDSC_0050.JPG.efe9a3b3d1685a0766f6d3be6bbc935c.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG.d5d54843f3e0b37ae0da23ce005c73f7.JPG

Until Yellow and Houquet get released, this will be the Stick and Ray combo display section.

DSC_0057.JPG.b3b0823f9f50bb08bd6053e3c1ba4b60.JPG

Edited by Mog

8 hours ago, Mog said:

Second attempt on the visor (this time with Ray). 

DSC_0054.JPG.32945c8a5ce5c083582e810159e9cb94.JPG

Got the translucent look down now.  Hopefully, the third attempt will be using Tamiya clear green instead. ;)

DSC_0051.JPG.3162f7efd5a7c130a2dcd3c5505a0380.JPGDSC_0050.JPG.efe9a3b3d1685a0766f6d3be6bbc935c.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG.d5d54843f3e0b37ae0da23ce005c73f7.JPG

Until Yellow and Houquet get released, this will be the Stick and Ray combo display section.

DSC_0057.JPG.b3b0823f9f50bb08bd6053e3c1ba4b60.JPG

Looks Great indeed.

11 hours ago, captain america said:

It costs relatively little to re-pop plastic kits when you have the dies already done; like comparing an apple to a watermelon with regards to resin models. I'm not surprised at all, considering the challenge it was to get enough orders to justify the 1/32 Legioss masters. Never recuped my investment on that--and it was one of the hero mecha of the series. 

Ask Mike Salzo how well his 1/32 Gurab did.

Well it'sa great shame still. Moreso when uou think they made the Southern Cross figures in 1/12 kits. 

Still 3d inbit files exist. So who knows someone may do them to order?

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Anyone got theirs from Planet Steel Express? My Stick got shipped last May 6 and there's nothing showing on their tracking link. It just says Pending.

Hi, Noel. My order arrived on Thursday.

Tracking was acting funny and showing up as pending for me earlier this morning too, but is now showing up with complete details. What's interesting is that my PSE delivery went through New Jersey customs instead of New York, but Stick/Stig arrived with no issues.

5 hours ago, technoblue said:

Hi, Noel. My order arrived on Thursday.

Tracking was acting funny and showing up as pending for me earlier this morning too, but is now showing up with complete details. What's interesting is that my PSE delivery went through New Jersey customs instead of New York, but Stick/Stig arrived with no issues.

Thanks technoblue. Can I ask when did they shipped your order? Hopefully mine will get here this week. :)