Damn Customs and Excise are so damn slow! Had hold of Rey since the 9th :(

Also FOX STUDIO now has another project for upgrades on the Sentinel Mospeada.

Top storage case. No idea if he is releasing print plans or actual items. Just sharing Info here.

Myself I did try my model kit 1/12 Blowsperior cases on one of my Sentinel Mospea. Think needs an "A".

Though also sat waiting to see what you Lovely People Here, have planned for Aftermarket goodies LOL

FB_IMG_1526300297449.jpg

FB_IMG_1526300294369.jpg

43 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

Damn Customs and Excise are so damn slow! Had hold of Rey since the 9th :(

Also FOX STUDIO now has another project for upgrades on the Sentinel Mospeada.

Top storage case. No idea if he is releasing print plans or actual items. Just sharing Info here.

Myself I did try my model kit 1/12 Blowsperior cases on one of my Sentinel Mospea. Think needs an "A".

Though also sat waiting to see what you Lovely People Here, have planned for Aftermarket goodies LOL

FB_IMG_1526300297449.jpg

FB_IMG_1526300294369.jpg

Even Google translate and FB's native translator have a tough time making heads or tails out of Fox Studio's FB posts.

I respect the effort that this guy is going to in making STL's of his customs available... but I'm still just going to go with my own.

7 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Prolly a total thread de-rail, but Shinji Aramaki is coming to Anime Next in Atlantic City next month, which is only a 2-hour-ish drive from where I am. I hope my Stick and Ley arrive in time so i can go get them signed :D

sigh... something that will NEVER happen in my lifetime

6 hours ago, Duymon said:

Prolly a total thread de-rail, but Shinji Aramaki is coming to Anime Next in Atlantic City next month, which is only a 2-hour-ish drive from where I am. I hope my Stick and Ley arrive in time so i can go get them signed :D

I've been seriously considering going since they first announced he'd be there a couple months ago. Unfortunately, it's about a 5+ hour drive, so I don't want to bother unless I know there will definitely be an opportunity to shake his hand and get an autograph.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:42 AM, technoblue said:

Heads up  to those who are waiting on Planet Steel Express. I got my shipping notification for Stig early this morning, so things are moving again. :D

I'll be late to that party, but it will be amusing if they also ship out my copy of Ray in the next few days.

So.. finally got mine.  Immediately I knew it was dented because it was shipped in a plain soft cardboard box with no padding.  Upon opening I found a large puncture hole.. 

Question to everyone, is the tape seal kind of not really there, or was mine previously opened.. anyone else buy from Planet Steel and get a damaged item?

My Ray was delivered from Ami minty and undamaged and the top tape disc was unadhered. I can tell by the actual cardboard lip that tucks into box that it had not been actually opened though. I think those tape discs just usually don't adhere as well as a long piece of tape. Plus if your box encountered some shipping trauma I'm sure that's all it is. Sucks about the box though but congrats on getting a bad ass toy. 

:yahoo:  Got my Ray MOSPEADA delivered today... 8 days from N-Y to my front door via Registered SAL; that's almost, if not, a record.  Now that I've got Stick and Ray, bring on Houquet's and Yellow's rides, and throw in Shinobu's too; come on Sentinel, I triple dare you!..

Edited by mechaninac

8 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I've been seriously considering going since they first announced he'd be there a couple months ago. Unfortunately, it's about a 5+ hour drive, so I don't want to bother unless I know there will definitely be an opportunity to shake his hand and get an autograph.

If you see him, ask if he's done an updated design for Houquet to match the others.

Well After holding onto my Rey package from HLJ for SEVEN DAYS. Finally got released today by Customs. So payment invoice inbound and hopefully have Rey before the week is out, Hopefully.

UK still robbing from the people.

Oh The chap from Fox Studio showcased this a day or so ago.

Not bad but not sure how it is with rider on. Did ask for a photo of rider on, never responded. Think the box needs to be placed a little further back from the seat.

Though personally I think a Framework for side and Top storage boxes to attach too, needs to be placed on the Sentinel bike first. As side ones are going to have to sit higher up on the sides.

FB_IMG_1526385580402.jpg

FB_IMG_1526385577085.jpg

3 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Well After holding onto my Rey package from HLJ for SEVEN DAYS. Finally got released today by Customs. So payment invoice inbound and hopefully have Rey before the week is out, Hopefully.

UK still robbing from the people.

Well my Ray has been sitting in customs for one week here in Argentina. Paid EMS!!!!!

Want it now!!!!!

Just now, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Well my Ray has been sitting in customs for one week here in Argentina. Paid EMS!!!!!

Want it now!!!!!

Don't blame you wanting it now!

Shocking how they can make EMS seem pointless LOL

Hope yours arrives soon  Ignacio.

23 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Want it now!!!!!

Did HLJ (or whoever you ordered from) sort out your missing heel piece?

Hey @Kuma Style. Since you mentioned you collect most of Sentinel stuff. Can I ask is this how they package their stuff and if all the materials they use for their packages are the same? The box paper stock feels too flimsy. And the plastic used also for the tray is also flimsy. And it has too much empty unnecessary space which added to the whole 'flimsi-ness' of the overall package. I have a feeling that this certain set can somehow could've fit in one big sturdy Robot Damashii box. :rolleyes:

By the way, got both of my Ley's from HLJ yesterday. :wub: Only gripe I have is that Ley's gun nozzle/barrel is too short for my taste. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

So are you guys finally starting to receive your pre-orders? I haven't seen mine yet. Ordered in January through Big Bad Toy Store.

For those of you that have received....is the visor as bad as we envisioned with the whole Jack-O-Lantern look?

1 minute ago, w8kbrder said:

So are you guys finally starting to receive your pre-orders? I haven't seen mine yet. Ordered in January through Big Bad Toy Store.

For those of you that have received....is the visor as bad as we envisioned with the whole Jack-O-Lantern look?

You need go back a few pages my friend. Some like them visor, some hate them and also some have posted how to improve the Visor. Something for everyone.

I think those who Pre ordered Stig direct from Japan have theirs and are enjoying them(I know I am) some dislike them :/
With Ray ome have them but most just waiting on a delivery anytime (hopefully mine in next day or two). 

As for BBTS No one yet has theirs (yet i believe) as BBTS still don't have them in stock. Timeframe of a Month or 2 have been thrown around. That is of course if the Ever presence of the Legal Dept of Harmony Gold don't slap a C&D on selling them to BBTS.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @Kuma Style. Since you mentioned you collect most of Sentinel stuff. Can I ask is this how they package their stuff and if all the materials they use for their packages are the same? The box paper stock feels too flimsy. And the plastic used also for the tray is also flimsy. And it has too much empty unnecessary space which added to the whole 'flimsi-ness' of the overall package. I have a feeling that this certain set can somehow could've fit in one big sturdy Robot Damashii box. :rolleyes:

By the way, got both of my Ley's from HLJ yesterday. :wub: Only gripe I have is that Ley's gun nozzle/barrel is too short for my taste. :rolleyes:

The  Sentinel boxes used throughout a lot of main lines are the same (off the top of my head I'm thinking Riobot, Re: Edit, and the Truforce MM series) in terms of that really thin, flimsy cardboard used... I never had a problem with the plastic inserts but it's all subjective. My Stick was the only one to where I ever really had any problems with actual box damage as it came packed well from AmiAmi but still had a noticeable dent in one of the upper sides that I can tell was just from it being handled in general. The items themselves are definitely packed well IN the box but for people who are pretty anal about boxes and want to potentially resell as "mint" there's a lot of potential for problems by design. 

4 minutes ago, w8kbrder said:

I can't really say that it's super bad. But I only wish they gave us the first prototype look and not the 'fixed' look.

EEFE0370-2845-4978-8502-B82D8B45D67C.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

The  Sentinel boxes used throughout a lot of main lines are the same (off the top of my head I'm thinking Riobot, Re: Edit, and the Truforce MM series) in terms of that really thin, flimsy cardboard used... I never had a problem with the plastic inserts but it's all subjective. My Stick was the only one to where I ever really had any problems with actual box damage as it came packed well from AmiAmi but still had a noticeable dent in one of the upper sides that I can tell was just from it being handled in general. The items themselves are definitely packed well IN the box but for people who are pretty anal about boxes and want to potentially resell as "mint" there's a lot of potential for problems by design. 

Thanks for the reply regarding Sentinel boxes. Though, don't get me wrong. I'm not too anal about it. And I don't have plans on selling it 'mint'. For all I care, I can just toss away the boxes since it's taking too much of my space. And if I'm going to sell it, I don't mind selling it less if I don't have the boxes anymore. The only concern I have is that when I stack them it won't hold the form much properly since the plastic and thin box are already flimsy to begin with.

Edited by no3Ljm

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for the reply regarding Sentinel boxes. Though, don't get me wrong. I'm not too anal about it. And I don't have plans on selling it 'mint'. For all I care, I can just toss away the boxes since it's taking too much of my space. And if I'm going to sell it, I don't mind selling it less if I don't have the boxes anymore. The only concern I have is that when I stack them it won't hold the form much properly since the plastic and thin box are already flimsy to begin with.

Honestly, even keeping Sentinel stuff I like to keep boxes in good order... I literally just stack them up in storage in my basement but it's still nice just to have things come minty and keep them that way (unless obviously I do something to botch it up.) The price if Sentinel items definitely being on the higher end makes more so of a let down than items that  may be consider a bit lower end and cheap in general. It particularly stands out when you have items like this where q.c. really isn't on par either and at least personally I have to go, "Just how much cost-cutting are these guys DOING?" 

I buy two-to-three of all of their products (keeping one stored mint) and I can say they stack more than fine. You're 100x more likely to put a dent or crease in it holding it than stacking them together.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Been meaning to post this for a while but have been wondering why any of the people who can cast, render, and print haven't just recast the visor in clear so that people don't have to modify their original. 

Edited by Kuma Style

31 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

You need go back a few pages my friend. Some like them visor, some hate them and also some have posted how to improve the Visor. Something for everyone.

I think those who Pre ordered Stig direct from Japan have theirs and are enjoying them(I know I am) some dislike them :/
With Ray ome have them but most just waiting on a delivery anytime (hopefully mine in next day or two). 

As for BBTS No one yet has theirs (yet i believe) as BBTS still don't have them in stock. Timeframe of a Month or 2 have been thrown around. That is of course if the Ever presence of the Legal Dept of Harmony Gold don't slap a C&D on selling them to BBTS.

BBTS wrote me back this morning concerning the email I sent them about the Sentinel Scott/Rand and they said they don't get an update from the manufacture/distributor unless there is a delay (which happened earlier this year). He also mentioned that they are waiting to receive their shipments fairly soon. The tone of the email was of confidence and he sounded reassuring to me that they are in fact getting the ride armors in. I'm hoping by June I/we will have heard something or have received the email from BBTS stating that your order will be fulfilled within 10 days.

I finally got my Ray from NY yesterday, and the only differences I'm seeing with my copy and Stick is that the arm swivels right below the shoulders are pretty loose, the visor doesn't like staying up during play, and more parts tend to pop off the ball and socket joints (like the chest armor and the shoulder armor on the figure).

Not sure if the last issue is due to me being more confident on how to handle these things or the parts just having a tendency to pop off.

Minor quibbles though.  I really hope Sentinel goes forward and "Yellow's" this line.  The only major changes they'd have to do from the Mospeada type would be to:

• Switch out the pectoral armors for the missile compartments;
  • Switch out the arm gauntlets for the bladed ones;
  • Cast the visor in green instead of blue; and 
  • Switch out the cloth to a greyish blue.

Right?

22 minutes ago, Mog said:

I finally got my Ray from NY yesterday, and the only differences I'm seeing with my copy and Stick is that the arm swivels right below the shoulders are pretty loose, the visor doesn't like staying up during play, and more parts tend to pop off the ball and socket joints (like the chest armor and the shoulder armor on the figure).

Not sure if the last issue is due to me being more confident on how to handle these things or the parts just having a tendency to pop off.

Minor quibbles though.  I really hope Sentinel goes forward and "Yellow's" this line.  The only major changes they'd have to do from the Mospeada type would be to:

Right?

The rear section of the bike needs to be changed too. Yellow's bike have one big exhaust instead of two.

7 minutes ago, Saburo said:

40351189290_46bf8a72e0_h.jpg

Lovely! :wub: 

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Right?

The front fairing of the bike is totally different. Back end has a different shape, no side exhaust and one central thruster. Helmet shape is different also. Of course, that's for the original design. How much more (or less) gets changed for the modern redesign remains to be fully seen.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

The only major changes they'd have to do from the Mospeada type would be to:

The bike needs to be cast in a much darker blue, too.  ;)

And as unlikely as it seems, I'd hope the figure was taller and skinnier than the others; I always got the impression that the "Borough Superior" was meant for taller riders, and the "Bartley" was for smaller riders (e.g. female soldiers).

Speaking of which, does it surprise anyone else how overwhelmingly masculine Macross was, compared to other shows at the time?  Female pilots and combatants featured regularly in Mospeada, Votoms, Orguss, and especially Southern Cross...  Gundam even had high-ranking female commanding officers.  We'd have to go back to Space Battleship Yamato in the mid-'70s to find a more male-dominated military.

Come to think of it, Noboru Ishiguro might've had something to do with that, since he was a prominent member of the creative staff on both Yamato and Macross...

Edited by tekering

4 hours ago, Mog said:

Right?

In addition to what has been mentioned already, the Blowsperior and Bartley had a different engine block to the MOSPEADAs.

The characther heights would need to match, otherwise the bike dimentions would need to be altered.

What im curious about is if the female and male armor are compatible with other ride armors... :unsure: A red female Blowsperior would be sweet. :)

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Gundam even had high-ranking female commanding officers.  We'd have to go back to Space Battleship Yamato in the mid-'70s to find a more male-dominated military.

Macross had Misa and the all female bridge crew, the barrier defence system was also controlled by an all female team, and all the Meltrans.

Edited by Smacky