4 hours ago, Mog said:

I had to restart from scratch twice, so what I posted is my third attempt.  At this point, I'm cool with how it looks, even if I would like it a shade or two lighter.

Again, if Sentinel completes the line, I figure I'll have another three chances to get it just right.

Now, if I could just find Rey (Ray?  Rei?) for a reasonable price or still on preorder. . .

Damn... went and checked and Rei's even out of stock from Sentinel direct.... guess that's a wrap.

Sentinel is playing games with me. Why couldn't they put both Lancer and Rook in the background on Rand's box? It's possible they are leaving the best for last but still they shouldn't play that game. But I'm in for Lancer. Those lights look awesome.

My plan keeps changing but my hope now is that Figma releases a good version so I can have one to display in Armored mode. The rest will stay in bike mode. So right now I'm thinking Lancer and Rook from Sentinel. I'm very tempted to pass on Rand but we'll see what Sentinel makes for Rook.

1 hour ago, RED WOLF said:

Or Rand? :ph34r:

Who’s Rand? :p

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

Damn... went and checked and Rei's even out of stock from Sentinel direct.... guess that's a wrap.

That’s a good sign, yes? It means we will probably see an updated look on the rest? Perhaps? :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, easnoddy said:

And for the record, CMS got closer with the dark legioss pair, they weren't as loose and fiddly as the original 3.  The heels on the originals were so frustrating.  The legioss design is pretty easy and you don't have to have all the spring-loaded click joints that Gakken put into the joints (which became weak points).  That said, I don't hate the ET Legioss, its just not quite what it could have been.

The CMs Dark Legioss Drone is actually one of my favorite CMs releases. I bought like 6 to troop build. About as anime accurate (as in barely at all) as the others but yeah less fidgety. And stickered up they look pretty darn cool. Plus it's the only toy of this mech ever made. And likely to ever be unfortunately...

1 minute ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i ordered a 2nd Rey at hlj but only got charged for one and in warehouse. the other order is still unfulfilled. i was sure it did not say one per customer and let you order an extra.

hmm...

Same here, David. There were no limit as far as I can tell. I guess, they’re filling based on Order Numbers. So if the 2nd order we have is just recently, then I guess we just have to wait if they were going to get filled. If not, then I have to look somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here, David. There were no limit as far as I can tell. I guess, they’re filling based on Order Numbers. So if the 2nd order we have is just recently, then I guess we just have to wait if they were going to get filled. If not, then I have to look somewhere. 

oh okay, you're in the same camp. i someone posted a link when they re-opened and i double checked the limit before ordering a second. 

7 hours ago, Mog said:

Rey (Ray?  Rei?). . .

Ray, please.  It's short for Raymond, and it's a common man's name.

"Rei" is a Japanese girl's name.

"Rey" is a Star Wars character.

And "Lei" is nothing.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.58.20 AM.png

11 minutes ago, tekering said:

And "Lei" is nothing.

Aren't Japanese names genderless..? :unsure:

18 minutes ago, tekering said:

And "Lei" is nothing.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.58.20 AM.png

Might want to correct all the stores selling this and even Sentinel themselves as they have him listed as, "Rei". :D

I just call him Rand. 

Edited by RED WOLF

31 minutes ago, Tober said:

If we want to get picky, wouldn't he have been more likely to have a name more common in Spanish-speaking countries? Maybe he's really been Ramon, Ramiro, or Raimundo all this time?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

it possible HLJ is getting their shipment in more than 1 batch.  But there was not limit per customer when they first started the pre order. I order a couple in 1 order.

I can't confirm if they changed it later on or not. 

My set is charged and in PW.   

1 hour ago, Tober said:

Not usually, no.  As in English, there are exceptions, however.

1 hour ago, RED WOLF said:

Might want to correct all the stores selling this and even Sentinel themselves as they have him listed as, "Rei". :D

Even though they spelled it correctly on the packaging this time?

o0620082714167746123.jpg

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I agree, though the origin may also be Portuguese.

That would be giving Tatsunoko too much credit.  <_<

5 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

I just received my “Ray”, but too lazy to open it. Wasn’t expecting it to arrive so soon because of Golden Week.

What?  A month early?  :o

2 minutes ago, tekering said:

Not usually, no.  As in English, there are exceptions,  

What?  A month early?  :o

Okay, cool.

Yeah, release date was yesterday. Sentinel announced it on Twitter a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Anybody have a guess at how many centimeters tall Stick was? 180?

Fully armored up, legs extended, I think the mecha comparison charts said a rider armor was 2 meters.

Between that, and the character height comparison, assuming the women were around 5'6", Rai wasn't too short, and Jim wasn't ridiculously tall, I'm thinking around 6' tall, so about 183cm.

characters.gif.835d3841fdf20eb6af1f56524ecca78f.gif

So that actually works surprisingly well. at 188CM, which makes sense if you add the boots and helmet, the Stick riding figure matches the advertised scale of every Mospeada toy (rounding to nearest whole). 

EDIT - Really hoping my Ray ships soon... I think I'm just going to do one video review with both toys.

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Esa pieza que falta en el tobillo es identica en ambos lados, puede duplicarse en resina y pintarse. Cuando tenga el mio veo si te puedo dar una mano con eso.

Gracias Emiliano!!!!

That's the idea, to replicate that piece. HLJ contacted me and they are trying to see if they can send me a replacement.

On 5/2/2018 at 9:09 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

question for beagles owners: is the beagle a more sturdy toy than the riobot?

Hey David. Finally I got the time on transforming Stick last night. And to answer your question, I have to say that the Beagle one is more sturdy and more fun to transfrom it. For its size it is really a toy. Whereas with the Sentinel one, I feel it’s more fragile. It felt that for its size, it was over-engineered compared to Beagle’s. While I was transforming Sentinel’s, I said to myself, would it be nice if this version was the 1/10th scale and the Beagle was the 1/12. Because with all its moving joints, details, the over-engineered transformation sequence along with the locking tabs and whatnot, Sentinel’s would look perfect in big scale. The simplicity of Beagle and its transformation sequence would really work best in 1/12.

But overall, it looks perfect. Small, but perfect. How I really wish that it was bigger. I’d gladly pay more for a 1/10 scale version of Sentinel’s. ^_^