1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Cap'n. In case you got your Sentinel figure, can you check if you can create some workaround on the foot pedal. Like an added clip-on pedal rather than use the actual one which is way back towards the rear. ^_^  

I could, but it wouldn't look nearly as harmonious as if it had been designed properly from the get-go. Based squarely on pictures, I don't know if placing the foot-peg further forward is actually a good thing: you'd have to bring the knees up higher, which might accentuate the scrunched rider look. Also, can the figure's foot flex forward like on the beagle?

The re-design of the MOSPEADA looks much more like a racing bike (smaller, lower front fairing + forward leaning position) whereas the Beagle looks a little bit more like an easy-rider based on the seating position and the overall proportions of the bike. It's just my opinion, but to me the foot pegs place further aft fit the new design better, even if the toes do hang too low.

I knew I shouldn't have paid for this preorder, but somehow felt 'blackmailed' into it ( still waiting for that cursed Kairos from Ny and didn't want to give them any excuses for closing up my account or whatever for not having payed for this particular one)

I hardly ever watch reviews until I get the products in my hands. On this occasion even though I'm only a few days away from receiving my order, I really wanted to see if all my assumptions were justified, and to decide wether to open it or leave it sealed and get rid of it right away. (before the hype dies down at least)

Hate to see yet another unjustified expensive piece,( but not exactly surprised, the fact it had been pushed back several times wasn't exactly reassuring). Had it been around $125, maybe, but that retail price was a bit OTT.

Certainly wasn't expecting a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination. But considering some of the people involved in the project, and high expectations, hoped that it would've at least not suffered from the same kind of issues of previous attempts. Still, If any of you own different Sentinel pieces, not hard to figure out the chances of getting a 'meh' release was more than a 50/50 deal.  

Wishing it could've been the 'ultimate' Cyclone rather than an overpriced fan-service piece of ''not bad, but..." All the modern Cyclone renditions I own, from CMS, to Megahouse, Beagle etc...had major issues (well, major to me). The only one that I've always been happy with is my old Japanese DX Gakken . Grew up with that one, so of course I'm slightly biased.

Anyway, happy for those willing to look past the negatives. Generally I really don't mind having to customise a newly acquired piece in order to fix some issues. But on this occasion, it'll more than likely end up on that 'for sale' pile of stuff that needs sorting out. Maybe the funds will go towards that funky MAIZE Voltes V for example. Anyone willing to swap? :lol:

42 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The "one to open, one to keep MISB, and one for "just in case" :db:" rule of collecting do not apply to Mospeada?  ;)

Hey JVM! Hahaha! :lol: You know Spanner. He loves to display all modes of Valkyries that's why he always have 3 of each. Atleast with the Ride Armors, he only needs two to display both modes. But yeah, that 3-way item rule also applies here. ^_^ 

23 minutes ago, Numbninja said:

I think its a bit too small to pull off that level of engineering properly IMO...Sentinel's prices as of late have inflated a great deal too:blink:

To be honest, not just Sentinel. I guess, most of them. Every releases is not consistent with the previous prices. :unsure:

On 4/21/2018 at 1:36 AM, no3Ljm said:

Thanks locidm! Appreciate your fast reply and insight on these wonderful toys. :good: ;)

Lastly, material-wise esp the plastic used. Do you feel it's the same or Sentinel feels more high quality?

Sorry for the late reply. I finally had the chance to transform him tonight. I like it a lot!! It’s a much easier transformation than what I remember for the Beagle/Toynami. Everything was relatively smooth and intuitive. I suspect going back to Bike mode would be more difficult, but I enjoyed transforming to armor mode. Transformation wise I think the Sentinel was better than the Toynami so far. Yes the bits keep popping off but it’s a minor annoyance only.

The Sentinel doesn’t feel fragile for me. I was a little concern plugging in the knee connection because it’s tight, but other than that I didn’t feel like breaking anything at any point of the transformation.  I think the Toynami uses a lot more POM than the Sentinel though, since this one is painted everywhere. 

I do think the Toynami has a greater range of arm movement with the armor on, but it’s been awhile and I don’t remember for sure. The shoulder area on the Sentinel seems very very tight with all the things jammed in the vicinity. 

Overall I like this release very much. I’m not into a lot of posing and fiddling, so the limited articulation doesn’t bother me. It looks sooo good once put together in both modes. Overall, it’s up there with the Toynami for me, if not slightly ahead. 

This makes me want to transform my Toynami! Once Rei hits I might finally open up my Toynami Rei too. 

EMT5MpWh.jpg

Edited by locidm

On 4/24/2018 at 5:12 AM, Kuma Style said:

*snip*

Thanks for your transformation video, Kuma! :good:;) 

10 hours ago, locidm said:

Sorry for the late reply. I finally had the chance to transform him tonight. I like it a lot!! It’s a much easier transformation than what I remember for the Beagle/Toynami. Everything was relatively smooth and intuitive. I suspect going back to Bike mode would be more difficult, but I enjoyed transforming to armor mode. Transformation wise I think the Sentinel was better than the Toynami so far. Yes the bits keep popping off but it’s a minor annoyance only.

The Sentinel doesn’t feel fragile for me. I was a little concern plugging in the knee connection because it’s tight, but other than that I didn’t feel like breaking anything at any point of the transformation.  I think the Toynami uses a lot more POM than the Sentinel though, since this one is painted everywhere. 

I do think the Toynami has a greater range of arm movement with the armor on, but it’s been awhile and I don’t remember for sure. The shoulder area on the Sentinel seems very very tight with all the things jammed in the vicinity. 

Overall I like this release very much. I’m not into a lot of posing and fiddling, so the limited articulation doesn’t bother me. It looks sooo good once put together in both modes. Overall, it’s up there with the Toynami for me, if not slightly ahead. 

This makes me want to transform my Toynami! Once Rei hits I might finally open up my Toynami Rei too. 

*snip*

Hey Locidm. No worries sir. Thanks for your reply. Glad to know you liked it. I'm excited to receive mine. Probably it's still somewhere above the Pacific. Hopefully past Hawaii by now. ^_^

After seeing Kuma Style's review and transformation videos, plus reading the posts here, the nightmares of that old crumbling 80s Cyclone toy are coming back. I especially felt it seeing Kuma Style attempt poses and watching parts fly off and around.

I don't know guys. I want a Cyclone. And if Sentinel makes Rook I'll definitely get her because she's going to be displayed in bike mode only and that will be the best version since there isn't any real competition yet. But it would still be nice to have a structurally stable Armored mode model / toy. I don't expect there to be any changes with Rand as the reason Scott and Rand are coming out almost at the same time is because they are basically the same figure. This similarity is why I wanted Rook first. But it's too late for that and we got into that debate when these figures were announced.

I'm still curious what Anymoon will think. But right now it's Rook for me if they make her. If they don't, I can't decide on Scott or Rand right now after seeing that video. Bike mode looks fine but I'm just a bit disappointed. But those Figma versions might come out so there is still some hope.

Just posting this here to see which version folks here think is the best, and to get opinions on how to make them better... constructive feedback and criticisms are welcome.:hi:

• A is based directly on the MOSPEADA's internal 'cutaway' shown bellow.
  • B is the same as A but with gradients for many of the details.
  • C is my take on the image posted earlier.
  • D is a conventional layout just for fun.

Sentinel 1-12th Screen and more-Model.png

cyclone_cycle_cutaway.jpg

1524118354915.jpg.e8384b95c2e1e69f86ed44dbd578fa94.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

3 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Just posting this here to see which version folks here think is the best, and to get opinions on how to make them better... constructive feedback and criticisms are welcome.:hi:

C looks like LCARS.

First off, let me say thank you to the folks on this forum for posting links to available orders and pre-orders.  I was able to secure both Stick and Ray for their original prices. 

@mechaninac, are you planning on printing off a number of these for folks who request them?  If so, I personally love "A" for Ray and Stick, but would love both "B" and "C" for when Rose and Yellow's bikes get released (fingers crossed) so that all the clusters are different.

11 hours ago, mechaninac said:

B looks nice to me!

And for those wanting to mod their helmets...

can some one find out more info on this mod??

did they only clean off the original paint (to get it to clear) and then add a tamiya clear blue layer at the back??

12 hours ago, mechaninac said:

C looks the best to me. Very clean.

6 hours ago, mantisfists said:

First off, let me say thank you to the folks on this forum for posting links to available orders and pre-orders.  I was able to secure both Stick and Ray for their original prices. 

@mechaninac, are you planning on printing off a number of these for folks who request them?  If so, I personally love "A" for Ray and Stick, but would love both "B" and "C" for when Rose and Yellow's bikes get released (fingers crossed) so that all the clusters are different.

They all look great to me @mechaninac.  Would definitely be interested in these as well.

To all interested parties:  I won't be printing these out except for myself; however, how about I upload the file here so that folks can run copies on their own printers?  I've made this in AutoCAD so I can export it to a number of different formats (TIFF, BMP, EPS, PDF, etc.); please let me know what would work best for everyone so I can make it available... once I've tweaked them a smidgen for better separation of graphic elements and improved fit in the toy.

Also, any ideas on what should go in the blank box bellow the main graphics (the one the goes into the "tank's" recess)? 

Cheer!:drinks: