5 hours ago, hkj711 said:

HLJ has the Ray available for preorder.

https://hlj.com/product/SET88028

awesome, i ordered a another!

@Kuma Style i posted on your review on Haloid's discord channel since you guys know each other. i've been trying to convince him to get one, but after that review not sure he will^_^

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Hey Kuma Style, didnt realize you were on this board too (it's me zfarsh).

Anyways, at 200$, it's too much for me to want to collect all, or after watching review, even want to go to armor mode (on this one i prefer the none-armored version anyways, just that when paying so much, one wants to be able to...).  I mean i am used to crappy qc anyways as i got the Megahouse ones, and going through hell to tranform, but those were like 50$ back in the day.  I personally dont think they needed the perfect transformation for this small scale.  If they could have made the build / joints / articulation better with partsforming, that would have been much preferred for me.  Sure, larger scale, ok, we want that. 

Anyways, maybe i save my money for Rook, and hope by then, they improve the mold or something.  Megahouse never got to Rook, so i can use my crappy Megahouse with mask on to use as the rest of the team.  Otherwise, that would be 800 $ for the 4....

By the way, anybody know what happened with the Figma Mospeada that was shown back in February 2017.  Was it cancelled?  Was it the wrong company used on the picture ?  Sorry if this was discussed before...

101201c5pudtere4cemftf.jpg

9 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Anyways, at 200$, it's too much for me to want to collect all, or after watching review, even want to go to armor mode (on this one i prefer the none-armored version anyways, just that when paying so much, one wants to be able to...).  I mean i am used to crappy qc anyways as i got the Megahouse ones, and going through hell to tranform, but those were like 50$ back in the day.  I personally dont think they needed the perfect transformation for this small scale.  If they could have made the build / joints / articulation better with partsforming, that would have been much preferred for me.  Sure, larger scale, ok, we want that. 

Anyways, maybe i save my money for Rook, and hope by then, they improve the mold or something.  Megahouse never got to Rook, so i can use my crappy Megahouse with mask on to use as the rest of the team.  Otherwise, that would be 800 $ for the 4....

By the way, anybody know what happened with the Figma Mospeada that was shown back in February 2017.  Was it cancelled?  Was it the wrong company used on the picture ?  Sorry if this was discussed before...

As I recall, there were a number of pictures shown. It seems like some were later claimed to be fakes.

I thought that the MOSPEADA and BGC pics were believed to be legit (though just using old artwork), but it's been complete silence ever since then. No mention at later shows.

Is it a concensus that the armor mode is that bad?  The Knerdout guy seem to really like it minus some of the qc issues, loose bits and what not, but they didn’t seem to have the same problems that Kuma did with the tabbing.  I’m just wondering since I have one coming from NY but also want to get a second one from the secondary market but won’t if it’s really that bad.

1 minute ago, Arthurius said:

To my knowledge Not cancelled.

Plus Figma claimed Macross as well as Mospeada. So I think still in R&d?

7 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

Their stock is one month late because they are basically on the other side of the planet from japan (depending on how you look at it and which way around they would be shipping the items)

so instead of it coming straight from japan (HLJ) it has to go to the states first, then they have to deal with it there, and then they ship out from there.

I'm fully aware of how that works, sir. I'm only implying that I rather get it directly from Japan and not to wait for a full month for BBTS. I mean, it's a Mospeada figure. Who's not excited to get it ASAP? ^_^ 

5 hours ago, spanner said:

Rather liking it. Much smaller than I had thought it would be. Still a cool thing!

20180423_185455.jpg

'Grats Spanner! :good:;) Btw, you don't need to get three of this to display all the modes. Two is just fine. ^_^ 

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

awesome, i ordered a another!

'Grats David! I ordered another one too last night. Hope they will honor it since there's no limit quantity to order it for them to cancel my account for ordering multiples. Though I kept my original order months ago. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

25 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

As I recall, there were a number of pictures shown. It seems like some were later claimed to be fakes.

I thought that the MOSPEADA and BGC pics were believed to be legit (though just using old artwork), but it's been complete silence ever since then. No mention at later shows.

22 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

To my knowledge Not cancelled.

Plus Figma claimed Macross as well as Mospeada. So I think still in R&d?

I sure hope Figma does this or that it is not cancelled.  Ever since seing that picture, i was pumped so much that i can finally get some mospeada toys at affordable prices, but then never any news, so thought it was canceled or mis labeled company producer.  Anyways, if figma does it, then i know i will get my good quality / posability that i really want.

Anyways, if that doesnt happen, i am waiting on Rook from this company regardless....

Edited by Arthurius

@Arthurius Howdy ZF! Good to see you on here as well!

@davidwhangchoi Thanks man and I really appreciate it.

The full review of Sentinel's Riobot R-18 Mospeada VR-052F (Stick Bernard) is up; http://kumastyledesigns.com/sentinel-mospeada-stick-review/

title-facebook-mospeada-stick.png

I've went in even on these forums and in the video review about aspects of the figure that I don't like but the full written review goes in more verbal depth about it as well. A transformation video is also included at the link and hopefully that helps anyone having issues. Needless to say that one of the best parts of having finished this one is that I don't have to be bothered fiddling with the product anymore.

The full gallery is 25 pictures shot at a higher-than-usual resolution to give you all the best look possible and here are a few pics from it;

7-172.png 

15-105.png 

4-183.png 

20-55.png

Great photos and review, Kuma! I have to say that your videos are perhaps the most comprehensive and professional of the bunch for this figure; well-done!

Also, a PSA: if anyone is disappointed/dissatisfied with their VR-052F, I will gladly purchase it from you. If anything, it will speed-up my ability to produce the saddle-bags/RPG add-on parts. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to check them all out, Captain! I'm really looking forward to your add-ons tbh and if you can remember me PLEASE shoot me a message when they go up for order if I don't catch the post. They're really going to make it look so much more complete with the CVR boxes.

--------------------------------------------------

Also; does anyone have a link to any sort of tutorial for getting the visor OFF of the helmet? I can't tell how it's held in and don't just want to potentially yank and break.

Edited by Kuma Style

14 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Yea... the Ride Armor is just bad... there's no other way to describe it. I'm glad you got the transformation going but I did shout you out and hone in on that area during the transformation video so if you do check it out, let me know if that still helps at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@davidwhangchoi Thanks man!

I can’t seem to find your transformation video on your youtube channel. Is it up? Thanks!

1 minute ago, ArchieNov said:

I can’t seem to find your transformation video on your youtube channel. Is it up? Thanks!

Not sure. It had two hours left to upload when I checked this morning before work at like 7am but it honestly may still be processing given the video file size. I can't check youtube site and youtube videos are just big gray boxes on this computer so I honestly won't know until I get a video comment notification or something. The full review linked has both in the video section though so it'll show up there whenever it's finished.

46 minutes ago, Smacky said:

Is it a concensus that the armor mode is that bad?

Certainly not...  I love the way it looks, I'm happy with the articulation, I like the flexibility of the stand, and I especially love how it can actually stand unassisted!

unassisted.thumb.jpg.3f082c279d42e74872ccdb6ba8e0586f.jpg

I'm not particularly fond of my CM's, MegaHouse, or Gakkens, but this Mospeada ranks up there with the Beagle for me.  :wub:

13 minutes ago, tekering said:

I'm not particularly fond of my CM's, MegaHouse, or Gakkens, but this Mospeada ranks up there with the Beagle for me.  :wub:

^ Yup, coming from Tekering. It's good enough for me. ^_^

The one thing I learned from all these years of collecting. No matter how much I paid for it, always lower your expectations. ;) 

From what I have seen in the past these might just be difficult to make into toys. Sentinel is a pretty solid company so you know they put a lot into this figure.

This just may be one of those figures that will never be produced perfectly due to the design. For us to want perfect is normal tho. I myself want it to be at least as close as possible.

I have a bunch of peeves with the parts easily popping off, but for the most part it's solid. I think we have only seen one pic of an actual break so far. If you have the Beagle, Megahouse or CMs then you should know what to expect - a fiddly toy that takes some getting used to. I wouldn't go in expecting a Masterpiece Transformer level of design quality, but as far as development goes it doesn't get much better than T-REX. Realistically, at 1:12 scale it isn't going to get much better than this, but the random armor popping off is a legitimate annoyance.

Whoever asked - The helmet cones apart by applying a mild amount of gentle sideways force to the chin guard and moving it forward over a nub. The face then comes off easily and the visor slides out in a forwards direction - it's held in place by very small nubs where it rotates.

3 minutes ago, Tober said:

Whoever asked - The helmet cones apart by applying a mild amount of gentle sideways force to the chin guard and moving it forward over a nub. The face then comes off easily and the visor slides out in a forwards direction - it's held in place by very small nubs where it rotates.

Thank you!!!

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Love this shot, Kuma. :wub: 

Quick question. Do you find the figure to be a little bit bigger than the bike? Proportion-wise?

Thank you, man... and yes it's noticeably bigger proportionally compared to the cartoon. I don't much mind it as it's not really noticeable from any angle BUT that direct side view and even there it just looks more like a dirtbike or smaller cc rocket. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

@Tober Thank you, man!

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Love this shot, Kuma. :wub: 

Quick question. Do you find the figure to be a little bit bigger than the bike? Proportion-wise?

Just from looking at the photos, the bike looks proportional to the (slightly) undersized figure. I think the reason it looks small compared to the rider has to do with the boots: they're almost mini-stilts where the foot module extends well below the wearer's foot. As a result, it makes the bike look short and as we can see, the toes scrape the ground in ride-mode. Pretty much all toys/models have had this issue by virtue of the design.

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Certainly not...  I love the way it looks, I'm happy with the articulation, I like the flexibility of the stand, and I especially love how it can actually stand unassisted!

unassisted.thumb.jpg.3f082c279d42e74872ccdb6ba8e0586f.jpg

I see you popped off the arm piston in this shot. Was that intentional?

3 hours ago, edstuff said:

From what I have seen in the past these might just be difficult to make into toys. Sentinel is a pretty solid company so you know they put a lot into this figure.

This just may be one of those figures that will never be produced perfectly due to the design. For us to want perfect is normal tho. I myself want it to be at least as close as possible.

I tend to agree.  A lot of transforming toys have physically implausible designs, but the MOSPEADA ride armor has got be near the top.  If perfect transformation is a non-negotiable, then all the little bits that are required to make that happen will require compromises.

I ended up cancelling my Stick pre-order a while back, and to be honest I'm not really regretting that I did.  I have the Gakken and Beagle toys, neither of which are perfect by any means.  But they are solid efforts considering the difficulty of the design and the era in which they were released.  I was hoping that these Sentinel toys would be a leap forward from the Beagle, but it doesn't sound like they are.  The sculpt and details are nice, I won't take that way from it.  I think the other reason why I'm not feeling the enthusiasm is that I already have multiple iterations of the basic Stick/Rey mold (which I basically consider the same toy minus the arm cannons and head sculpt), so at this point if I pick up another premium ride armor toy, I want it to be either the Fuke or Yellow bikes.

9 hours ago, teckno viking said:

"Much smaller"? It's 1/12 scale and as shown in comparison photos. Damn Nice fit into the 1/12 scale.

What I meant was.. I knew it was on the smaller side being 1:12 scale but from the photos of it going around before release I imagined it a little larger. 

But yeah I should have known how small it was going to be as I have 1:12 scale motorcycles and rider models which I had previously displayed.. Hmmm maybe I should get some of those back out and display when Stick! 

I'm kinda bummed I didn't pre-order Ray too now.. Will definitely have to get him too when it releases! They'll certainly look awesome on display together!

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

Thank you, man... and yes it's noticeably bigger proportionally compared to the cartoon. I don't much mind it as it's not really noticeable from any angle BUT that direct side view and even there it just looks more like a dirtbike or smaller cc rocket. 

1 hour ago, captain america said:

Just from looking at the photos, the bike looks proportional to the (slightly) undersized figure. I think the reason it looks small compared to the rider has to do with the boots: they're almost mini-stilts where the foot module extends well below the wearer's foot. As a result, it makes the bike look short and as we can see, the toes scrape the ground in ride-mode. Pretty much all toys/models have had this issue by virtue of the design.

Re: Scaling reference;

Here's a screen grab just for comparison's sake; @no3Ljm was definitely right.

Untitled.png

Thanks for the input guys. I know it's not anime-accurate for what it is. And Beagle also is not as near in that screenshot. I only wanted to know because in my eyes the Beagle model looks more proportioned with each other than what the Sentinel has made. Would be nice to see a comparison side view shot of Beagle and Sentinel together. ;)

Hey Cap'n. In case you got your Sentinel figure, can you check if you can create some workaround on the foot pedal. Like an added clip-on pedal rather than use the actual one which is way back towards the rear. ^_^  

58 minutes ago, spanner said:

hehe! Well when I get the Ray figure later I can have one in either mode! :p :D

C'mon now, Spanner. I know you want two. :p ;) 

Re: Scaling reference;

Here's a screen grab just for comparison's sake; @no3Ljm was definitely right.

Untitled.png

That’s some Transformers level mass shifting haha. Otherwise there’s no way would the ride armor retain that size once transformed.

By the way, in case no one has mentioned it yet, take care not to scratch the seat when transforming. I just transformed mine back to bike and noticed that I accidentally scratched off a tiny portion of the black paint (it is green plastic underneath). I guess it wasn’t rubber after all. Fortunately since it’s black, it is easily remedied with a Gundam panel lining marker.

Edited by ArchieNov

5 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

That’s some Transformers level mass shifting haha. Otherwise there’s no way would the ride armor retain that size once transformed.

Yeah. That's why for me the Beagle was the right size and proportion in relation with each other. ^_^

beagle-mospeada-cyclone-9-1.jpg.1a7d503a3e8a2d0812e417410f7a43f9.jpg