It is unfortunate but does not surprise me that the ride armor feels fail. I can't see this being a toy you transform often. Hopefully the armor stays on the figure properly with secure connections once it is fully transformed. 

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Took my new toy out for a few pics in the afternoon sun...  B))

sunlit.thumb.jpg.2af3749d581079e7b1f3ff679954241e.jpg

5ad7072db4951_lonelysoldierboy.thumb.jpg.44f6c398d1c13bffac3bce7163b08fee.jpg

rocky.thumb.jpg.95541efda7616bbd8523a9a3be944f64.jpg

The visor is simply held in place with a small nub on either side, and is easily popped in and out.  There's no need to disassemble the helmet.

Amazing pictures man! What kind of paint thinner did you use? I'm glad to hear the visor is easily removable. 

8 hours ago, tekering said:

Here's the first batch, then:

Scale-wise, it's an accurate 1:12, although a little on the smaller end of that particular scale...  Not as small as Revoltech or MAFEX figures, but not as large as DST or Neca, either.

Think Marvel Legends, rather than Marvel Select.  ^_^

5ad6f15e84f4d_clearvisor.thumb.jpg.9113330f9cc6afc75cc5bfbe5c75c245.jpg

And yes, I removed the silver paint from the visor.  No sanding or polishing required, just a little paint thinner on a Q-Tip.  B))

so i guess those lines on the visor are molded into the plastic?  are they on the inside or outside?

3 hours ago, General Rasp said:

It is unfortunate but does not surprise me that the ride armor feels fail. I can't see this being a toy you transform often.

I wouldn't describe it as frail -- certainly not by Mospeada standards, anyway.  It's more robust than CM's Ride Armors, that's for sure.

Some of the ball-jointed armor parts fall off pretty easily, but pop back on just as easily.  

sturdy.thumb.jpg.a57ca7fa9974bd12f1a3c51595bc7763.jpg

The stand is pretty sturdy, too.  ^_^

stand.thumb.jpg.afb773966166232467aa2185303607c3.jpg

1 hour ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Is it difficult to remove the mudguard?

Quite difficult, it would seem.  I can't figure out how it would come off.

1 minute ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i guess those lines on the visor are molded into the plastic?  are they on the inside or outside?

Molded on the inside... so if you prefer the smooth anime look, you can just paint the outside opaque.

1 minute ago, SuperHobo said:

What kind of paint thinner did you use?

Typical "Mr. Color" Thinner for enamels.

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Of course! 

No instructions, no problems, no sweat.  B))

Even stands unassisted!

Oh thats great! Looks like the exoskelton joints at the knees are helping to brace the hip joints...

either way one solid looking display!

dang feel like getting another just to display in both bike and soldier modes....ahhh looks at  thin wallet...

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Scale-wise, it's an accurate 1:12, although a little on the smaller end of that particular scale...  Not as small as Revoltech or MAFEX figures, but not as large as DST or Neca, either.

5ad6f15a7aaf6_one-twelfthcomparison.thumb.jpg.dab2477272093b81b2560c17939afb57.jpg

Think Marvel Legends, rather than Marvel Select.  ^_^

5ad6f15e84f4d_clearvisor.thumb.jpg.9113330f9cc6afc75cc5bfbe5c75c245.jpg

And yes, I removed the silver paint from the visor.  No sanding or polishing required, just a little paint thinner on a Q-Tip.  B))

Hey Tekering. Any chance you have any Marvel characters in Figuarts form? Nice job also on removing the silver paint. Looks crisp. ;) 

12 minutes ago, tekering said:

I wouldn't describe it as frail -- certainly not by Mospeada standards, anyway.  It's more robust than CM's Ride Armors, that's for sure.

Some of the ball-jointed armor parts fall off pretty easily, but pop back on just as easily.  

The stand is pretty sturdy, too.  ^_^

stand.thumb.jpg.afb773966166232467aa2185303607c3.jpg

Look how sturdy it is. Cool! Can't wait to ship mine. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, tekering said:

No instructions, no problems, no sweat.  B))

Can you share any tips on how to disconnect the crotch/hip armor from the engine block? It’s very tight on mine and the instructions seem to place a lot of caution at that step. How much force did you have to use? Also, what does the peg/tab look like? Is it a straight tab or is it like a hook?

9 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Can you share any tips on how to disconnect the crotch/hip armor from the engine block? It’s very tight on mine and the instructions seem to place a lot of caution at that step. How much force did you have to use? Also, what does the peg/tab look like? Is it a straight tab or is it like a hook?

If I understand you correctly, Archie, you're operating under a misassumption.  Unlike other Mospeada ride armor, you don't disconnect the crotch from the engine block; you simply extend the die cast metal bracket that attaches them together.

misunderstood.thumb.jpg.aa36c08dd7f0deb9117fd1099ab4c7bf.jpg

It does require some force to slide it out, but it remains pinned to both parts.  There are no tabs or hooks to disconnect.

Just now, tekering said:

If I understand you correctly, Archie, you're operating under a misassumption.  Unlike other Mospeada ride armor, you don't disconnect the crotch from the engine block; you simply extend the die cast metal bracket that attaches them together.

It does require some force to slide it out, but it remains pinned to both parts.  There are no tabs or hooks to disconnect.

That is actually quite nifty. A good idea.

So for those who Have in Hand already. Can you do the armour opened up as a display piece as you can with the Beagle?

37 minutes ago, tekering said:

Why?  Is Infinity War not enough to scratch your crossover itch?  ;)

crossover.thumb.jpg.583f44a53d611e78d3fc2e995c3152fd.jpg

Thanks Tekering! I'm just thinking if I could fit Tony Stark in bike mode. ;) 

6 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

So for those who Have in Hand already. Can you do the armour opened up as a display piece as you can with the Beagle?

I don't have mine yet. But the way it transforms now, I think this is the best way to do it. (via Twitter)

Da_gGUEUwAAjNJE.thumb.jpg.763096b588242373de289fadfb21bc34.jpg

Da_gGUJUMAAJTiN.thumb.jpg.53fe95756c32741fbe605a9dfca2b3a5.jpg

That visor still gives me a Rorschach vibe. :rolleyes:

rorschach___watchmen_by_soliduskim-db9iik9.thumb.jpg.712c68670df32c0d7ac6821c99c43806.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I’ve never owned any transforming Ride Armor before this one so have to prior experience with the transformation.

I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same step, but I’ll take a pic of the instructions and point out the part where I have some trouble later when I get home. Let me know if it’s the same thing. Thanks!

@no3Ljm No, sadly there are no stickers

Edited by ArchieNov

Not so worried yet. Recall many pointing out NEVER transform the CM Brave Rider. Never had issues myself.

On a different question. So how does Sentinels bike compare to the 1/12 model kit bike? I ask as got 2 of the kit ones.

8 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

@no3Ljm No, sadly there are no stickers

Thanks Archie! Too bad they didn't put any decal or tampo prints on the speedometer. <_<

8 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

On a different question. So how does Sentinels bike compare to the 1/12 model kit bike? I ask as got 2 of the kit ones.

The kit are based on the anime series. Here's some photos I've found over the web.

DQB098-VoAAYCl9.jpg.f08b3c9aae1f2dca486aa767e5c0d0cf.jpg

DQB1jFwUEAAkl1K.jpg.da01f51bc6e3b62c4915d782d5785fb1.jpg

DQB1WfhUEAAnSox.jpg.47aec19a4a53116b1019c7b04690e284.jpg

DQB1oQAVQAAR3pY.jpg.53cb2a1a69be191a30ce6ae28f4c088f.jpg

16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks Archie! Too bad they didn't put any decal or tampo prints on the speedometer. <_<

The kit are based on the anime series. Here's some photos I've found over the web.

DQB098-VoAAYCl9.jpg.f08b3c9aae1f2dca486aa767e5c0d0cf.jpg

DQB1jFwUEAAkl1K.jpg.da01f51bc6e3b62c4915d782d5785fb1.jpg

DQB1WfhUEAAnSox.jpg.47aec19a4a53116b1019c7b04690e284.jpg

Oh yes I know the model kits are based on the Anime. 

I was thinking the kits could be an older version still on Earth.  The Sentinel is from One of the planets.

Then is sizes are not too bad, can mix it up with a Survivors from Earth with older tech.

wYOA8tG.png

@tekering The step I'm referring to is #16 & #17. You can see the yellow arrow pointing at the "lock". I'm having difficulty separating that. How is it done? Do you just pull it apart like the instructions say? Or does it slide off?

I believe you were talking about the following step (#18) that comes afterwards.

8 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

wYOA8tG.png

@tekering The step I'm referring to is #16 & #17. You can see the yellow arrow pointing at the "lock". I'm having difficulty separating that. How is it done? Do you just pull it apart like the instructions say? Or does it slide off?

I believe you were talking about the following step (#18) that comes afterwards.

got this pic from 2 chan, looks like you just pull it apart carefully.  The connection points are circled 

1523986966497.jpg.cc7f39856d0d6a060eb0715e75669dfa.jpg