9 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Did you change the intakes of the blue Legioss? 

Yes, as Jenius said, it's the upgrade kit.

Comes with a weapons set, new intakes for the Legioss, new intakes for the Tread, extra hands, and a bracket to reinforce the Legioss/Tread connection.

1523189644482-361919868.jpg

Had those upgrade kits been more readily available, I might've considered CM's Legioss... but without them, no sale.  Those intakes are a ridiculous eyesore.

Build quality is immaterial when the figure is such an aesthetic failure.

22 hours ago, tekering said:

Had those upgrade kits been more readily available, I might've considered CM's Legioss... but without them, no sale.  Those intakes are a ridiculous eyesore.

Build quality is immaterial when the figure is such an aesthetic failure.

Agreed 

It's not just an aesthetic failure, it's a failure in practically all respects except build quality. It's very poorly designed with limited articulation. The tread is decent though the scale on it is like 1/72... So bizarre.

As I understand it CMS became or at least most of CMS now works for Evoultion Toys. And true to form they continue with the same somewhat cool toys from great licenses that leave you scratching your head on major design elements or decisions. From the micro/non functional tabs on VF-2SS (for starters) to the nose tabs? on front of their Legioss. All their Dynamite Action toys are the same too. For example I recently bought their Getta Robo Go because it was on sale. Well it could be a great toy. I love the magnemo magnets as they play well with classic Takara magnemo microman toys and the classic Jeeg but again they made a stupid decision. Getta Robo Go is entirely blue. He has small red areas and green markings but is 98% blue. So he's molded in white and painted blue. BUT his small red bits are molded in red. So if you even look at him funny paint scrapes or flakes off. Complete mental impotence. Big Dai X same deal. 99% red, molded in black and painted red. And the paint is layered on so thick the chest doors that open to reveal weapon are painted shut. Never been able to pry open. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

Yes, same guy that designed CM's Legioss designed ET's Legioss.

ET's Legioss looks much more lineart accurate . It also has better articulation and locks better in fighter mode, but the CM's is built with better materials and has tampo markings.

20180227_203215.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I'm hoping the visor will look like the original photos on release.  The translation says:

"The visor part is reproduced with clear parts and the mold is engraved on the back side."

The photos look like the engraving is in front.  Still looking forward to this as it'll be my first Mospeada figure.

I've stated this before: the visor shown in the original prototype and the production version have what appears to be the same or similar process in creating the HALO-like grid pattern we see; the difference, and it's a highly noticeable one at least in the pictures of the production version, is that the prototype had thin and shallow engraving which was subtle and looked great, while the final version's detail has deep and wide engraving that looks too thick and off-scale making the gird look garish.  Maybe Sentinel thought that the prototype's didn't stand out enough and decided to go big and bold, which judging by the pictures was a terrible choice.

It is what it is; there's no changing it now.  I'm just hoping that it won't stand out so much under normal lighting conditions.

10 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I'm hoping the visor will look like the original photos on release.  The translation says:

"The visor part is reproduced with clear parts and the mold is engraved on the back side."

The photos look like the engraving is in front.  Still looking forward to this as it'll be my first Mospeada figure.

I think it might be missing the clear parts so all we’re seeing is the molded part that goes behind it.

Still a little surprised that we have no reviews of pre-release samples (not that every company does it, but I tend to find them encouraging to help believe that the release date it real).

7 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Any chance that we'll see all four characters made? If so when would they likely go up for pre-order? 

We hope so. But we need to see how the other two look in this new redesigned concept. And let's hope these first two sell first so there will be hope the other two will get made. And just stay tuned on this thread since people posts here anything Mospeada related. You can follw this thread by clicking the Follow Button on the top right area of this thread. ;)

Just now, no3Ljm said:

We hope so. But we need to see how the other two look in this new redesigned concept. And let's hope these first two sell first so there will be hope the other two will get made. And just stay tuned on this thread since people posts here anything Mospeada related. You can follw this thread by clicking the Follow Button on the top right area of this thread. ;)

I second the "hope so", and also want to add that I, personally, hope that they commission Aramaki to do updated designs to fit in with this aesthetic (and then follow those up with the anime designs). 

14 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I second the "hope so", and also want to add that I, personally, hope that they commission Aramaki to do updated designs to fit in with this aesthetic (and then follow those up with the anime designs). 

Ofcourse! Count me in on those Anime Designs. ^_^

I just received notice from AE that the Sentinel Stick is in stock and ready to ship.  Needless to say I wasted not time putting in a shipping request for it and the other 2 items I had sitting in purgatory waiting for this thing to release.  FINALLY!:yahoo:

11 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

I just received notice from AE that the Sentinel Stick is in stock and ready to ship.  Needless to say I wasted not time putting in a shipping request for it and the other 2 items I had sitting in purgatory waiting for this thing to release.  FINALLY!:yahoo:

So I should be getting good news from HLJ tomorrow morning. :D

Possibly followed by some bad bank account news if that Evo Toys Zeta Legioss actually releases this month... :unsure: