Not that most people want to spend time or money modifying their expensive purchases but if the visor really bugs you it should be an easy fix. In all the picture I see the raised part appears to be on the inside, not the outside, of the visor. The light reflections over those lines appear to be smooth with no distortions or shadows. I also do not see any raised lines in the side profile pics. 

If the lines are truly on the inside then you can hit the visor with some clear blue paint. Each layer should make the lines less and less visible. I suspect this is why the first version looked different. It appears to have a darker/deeper shade of blue as if it had more layers of clear paint on top. If it still isn't to your liking then you could  paint over it with an opaque color of your choice.

I don't want to pay $200 for a figure just to have to customize it. Very disappointed in this visor. I've wanted 1/12 scale Ride Armor for decades, and wasn't bothered by the subtle detailing in the promo pics, but these very pronounced lines on the final product photography look absolutely awful to me. This looks like some DESTINY or HALO helmet, rather than MOSPEADA. I get adding some extra flair to make the thing feel more "real world" or mechanical, but the helmet is one of the most iconic features of the design. In the show, you could even see the pilot's face through the tinted, smooth surface. I'm debating hitting that "cancel" button, and I can't believe that's the case. 

Edited by crasis

13 minutes ago, crasis said:

In the show, you could even see the pilot's face through the tinted, smooth surface. I'm debating hitting that "cancel" button, and I can't believe that's the case. 

That's because the show have different helmet and visor. This one is more 'reimagined' version. I know the issue here is that it felt like they've shown us two different kind of helmets from the initial promo/prototype up to this point with their latest update. But you can't just compare this one to the anime version since they have different design and visor look.

From the get-go, you can really tell that the face is not visible in this incarnation.

eL8Whbo.jpg

It looks like the art it is based off of, preorder cancelled! :lol: I'm with Jenius on this one, it's probably the lighting used in the photo booth that makes the visor detail look so pronounced. I'd prefer a clear visor but I like the techno detail look too.

When I preordered, I wasn’t aware this was based off that cover art. I just assumed Sentinel was putting a slight, yet tasteful, creative spin on the classic design, as they tend to do with their toys (my Gurren Lagann is far from screen accurate). But the helmet detail was so muted that it was barely noticeable. In these recent pics, however, it now looks like an eyesore. Snark all you want, but I’m not alone in this opinion, clearly. 

It shouldn't be this difficult. Is there really no one here who can contact Sentinel to ask if the visor seen in the pics SuperHobo posted a few pages ago is the same as the production run? The recent promotional images might have been Photoshopped or lit explicitly to show the detail and cause the visor to appear lighter in color.

It would probably take a person fluent in Japanese to properly ask that.

Whoops! Looks like I pushed some buttons here. Just so everyone know, I'm not instigating anything. It's hard not to admit that we've already seen this scenario time after time. We always complain on stuff that it's not out yet but once the item gets released, everyone wants a piece of it because it looks nice on other people's photo post or in their shelves together with other figures despite of what the complaints are beforehand. And yes, nobody wants to customize something when the toys are already expensive. If that's your thing, go for it. (If it's good, I might ask for a piece too.) If not, then just like what you have because you never know when this things going to get produced once again. Nor if there's going to be another company that's going to get stab at it. After all, this is not like Gundam that they can just remake it every time they want. And yes, I said Gundam. And yes again, that I can't compare a small company to Bandai. But it's true. I'm just glad that another company is doing something about it rather than wait for some big companies to make something of it. How come the big companies wouldn't like to gamble with properties like this? This is already a niche of a niche product. To make the long story short, all I'm just saying is, if you guys think that the new design visor kind of ruined the whole concept, and you don't like it, then feel free to cancel your order while there's still time to cancel it. You don't want to get blacklisted on your favorite Japanese Online Shops. But if you guys are still here just because the toy looks awesome even though it's not the actual anime version, then maybe this is the chance to make this successful and later on they might decide to look back and produce the ones from the anime series in 1/12 scale. All four of them. Who knows, right?

Anyways, if I offended anyone here for posting something like "I'll just wait until this gets released and shipped to see everyone's reaction...", then I didn't mean too. If not, then we're all cool here. And besides, I'm just here for the cool toys. Always has. ;)

10 minutes ago, Tober said:

It shouldn't be this difficult. Is there really no one here who can contact Sentinel to ask if the visor seen in the pics SuperHobo posted a few pages ago is the same as the production run? The recent promotional images might have been Photoshopped or lit explicitly to show the detail and cause the visor to appear lighter in color.

It would probably take a person fluent in Japanese to properly ask that.

Hey Tober. I already tried emailing them about it. Though it's not in Japanese. But if I get a chance on finding someone who's fluent with it, I'll ask if they could translate my email. Will update you guys if I will get a reply from them so we get clear on the issue regarding the visor. ^_^

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

If I was them I would just thank you for your interest. The product is about to ship and the question deals with subjective matters.

To be honest, that's all I'm expecting from them. In which I already thanked them in advance on how cool the figure is and ofcourse that I can't wait for it. But I guess, someone had to do it for the team, right? ;)

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

If I was them I would just thank you for your interest. The product is about to ship and the question deals with subjective matters.

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Whoops! Looks like I pushed some buttons here. Just so everyone know, I'm not instigating anything. It's hard not to admit that we've already seen this scenario time after time. We always complain on stuff that it's not out yet but once the item gets released, everyone wants a piece of it because it looks nice on other people's photo post or in their shelves together with other figures despite of what the complaints are beforehand. And yes, nobody wants to customize something when the toys are already expensive. If that's your thing, go for it. (If it's good, I might ask for a piece too.) If not, then just like what you have because you never know when this things going to get produced once again. Nor if there's going to be another company that's going to get stab at it. After all, this is not like Gundam that they can just remake it every time they want. And yes, I said Gundam. And yes again, that I can't compare a small company to Bandai. But it's true. I'm just glad that another company is doing something about it rather than wait for some big companies to make something of it. How come the big companies wouldn't like to gamble with properties like this? This is already a niche of a niche product. To make the long story short, all I'm just saying is, if you guys think that the new design visor kind of ruined the whole concept, and you don't like it, then feel free to cancel your order while there's still time to cancel it. You don't want to get blacklisted on your favorite Japanese Online Shops. But if you guys are still here just because the toy looks awesome even though it's not the actual anime version, then maybe this is the chance to make this successful and later on they might decide to look Hey Tober. I already tried emailing them about it. Though it's not in Japanese. But if I get a chance on finding someone who's fluent with it, I'll ask if they could translate my email. Will update you guys if I will get a reply from them so we get clear on the issue regarding the visor. ^_^

Thanks, they might say something, but wouldn't bet on it. 

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

Is there another revised shipping date? Last I heard was April. I'm on phone, so tricky to check. I'm still half expecting another delay...

9 minutes ago, Tober said:

Thanks, they might say something, but wouldn't bet on it. 

Is there another revised shipping date? Last I heard was April. I'm on phone, so tricky to check. I'm still half expecting another delay...

Yup. As of now as per Sentinel's website it says April.

http://sentinel-toys.com/catalog/info.php?target=products_detail&products_id=454

I cancelled my pre-orders with BBTS a few months ago due to financial issues. I now think I can get one but they seem to be sold out everywhere. Any idea if these will be available after release?

Chris

My 2 cents on the visor:  It appears to me that the detail is engraved on the inside of the face shield; the difference as I see it is that, compared to the prototype stage, the detail is both thicker and more deeply engraved into the plastics inner surface, making it stand out far too much when compared to both the art work and the prototype... garish instead of subtle.  Is it a deal breaker? No; as jenius previously stated, lighting conditions for home display likely won't make it pop as much as it does in that photo shoot setting.  Personally, however, I would've preferred shallow engraving, or embossing, on the inside of a clear blue part so that you could see the face behind the shield as opposed to the opaque painted inside it looks like we'll be getting.

It'll be incumbent upon some enterprising soul to recast that part in clear blue resin so that we can have the choice to replace the visor with a less "offending" version.

17 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I cancelled my pre-orders with BBTS a few months ago due to financial issues. I now think I can get one but they seem to be sold out everywhere. Any idea if these will be available after release?

Chris

Hopefully, I may want an extra once I have one in -hand and like the release.

Sen-ti-Nel's Re:Edit Iron Man stuff has been fairly easy to find after release. Only the exclusives were hard-ish to find at a reasonable price. I don't follow all of their other product lines so I can't really say for certainty, but some of their Dancouga stuff seems to be harder to find, but that's a very uneducated statement.

-b.

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

It'll be incumbent upon some enterprising soul to recast that part in clear blue resin so that we can have the choice to replace the visor with a less "offending" version.

If the Sentinel helmet is as easy as Beagle's was to open up, it will be a pain in the arse to swap out the visor. :angry:

Yeah, there's no real profile shot of rider/bike.Really interested in rider/bike proportions.Visor looks like something you'd get out of a kinder surprise chocolate....Hate to be demanding but could someone post pics of the transformation? For whatever reason my vpn's not working in China, pics are blocked.

6 minutes ago, troyness said:

Yeah, there's no real profile shot of rider/bike.Really interested in rider/bike proportions.Visor looks like something you'd get out of a kinder surprise chocolate....Hate to be demanding but could someone post pics of the transformation? For whatever reason my vpn's not working in China, pics are blocked.

can you go onto pintrest?

1 hour ago, troyness said:

Hate to be demanding but could someone post pics of the transformation? For whatever reason my vpn's not working in China, pics are blocked.

Here you go. I just made an album via imgur. Let me know if you can access it. ;)

https://imgur.com/a/7gCiw

I'm planning on doing a similar layout from the blogsite kind of like this:

0001.thumb.jpg.815ff0690e4c8408ad184b2a9d3c12b3.jpg

But I'm starting to feel sleepy now so I might do it tomorrow evening if that's ok. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Here you go. I just made an album via imgur. ;) I'm planning on doing a similar layout from the blogsite and post it here. But I'm starting to feel sleepy now so I might do it tomorrow evening if that's ok. For now, here's the link on my imgur album. Let me know if you can access it. ^_^

https://imgur.com/a/7gCiw

thats awesome! thanks... and just to add, here is what i have collected so far mospeada wise on my pintrest boards

https://za.pinterest.com/snake3y3s9948/mospeada-cyclone/

man always late to the party, I was looking at ordering the two versions only to find out they are sold out, hopefully they will reissue these.  I emailed HLJ and they are not sure when they will get more.

Visor won't bother me. Since it's gonna be opaque anyways with that chromed inner paint nothing is gonna stop me from sanding the visor smooth and then painting it myself. After sanding it Should be an easy coat of chrome topped with clear blue.

I actually already have experience with this kind of work when I customized some Halo Play Arts Emile figs into Olive Grunt Evas like the one below. 

It's a very similar shape

Untitled.png.361d51ac88a2522627c5c5f30b0e4cea.png

Anyone else have zero interest in Evolution Toys until they show off a Beta/Tread?  

I wish Hi-Metal would do a Alpha/Legioss and Tread/Beta.  I'd pay out the butt for that haha!  

If anyone wants enough money to buy the new Riobots, check my WTB out b/c I'm not a cheapskate buyer!  :)

40 minutes ago, protostar8 said:

Anyone else have zero interest in Evolution Toys until they show off a Beta/Tread? 

I'm waiting Rook's red version and hopefully they fix all the issues picked up by people here.

3 hours ago, protostar8 said:

NOooooooooo. If someone wants to make a tread they NEED to design the Legioss with the Tread in mind. There is no forethought on display in the ET Legioss so I would dread there effort to tack one on later. 

I just pulled down a box of CM's ride armor toys... I had forgotten how many there were! Unfortunately... I need to keep mine for review purposes.