Ooo boy not liking the many delays on the ride armor. Fortunately i just ordered stick, but its paid for already via AE.

And to think i could save $ shipping my MG Hazel with it...i better start shipping the hazel now...gulp i hope AE still has it and hasnt forgotten...

The delays suck but at least we have a good chance the ride armor will be a quality piece. I rather wait to have a solid toy than pay $175 for something with flaws. 

Hopefully it will be worth. Sorry to the people who have other pre-orders tied up with Stig and Rey. 

Make no mistake, the toy will still have flaws -all products do, but hopefully the delay will result in lesser or more easily overlooked flaws. If they delayed it, more than likely the first examples were so bad that they dared not ship knowing that they would face massive returns. This particular design makes for an extremely complex toy, so better to give them some leeway to work the bugs out.

25 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I do have a question.  Has anybody heard of any sort of huge problem with any of Sentinel's offerings in the past?

This is my first foray on any Sentinel products. But I think most members seemed to like the previous release which is the Shin Getter Robo. And they liked their Iron Man releases from what I gather. The build is solid. And no one posted yet of broken ones. So I think it’s all good (?). ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I do have a question.  Has anybody heard of any sort of huge problem with any of Sentinel's offerings in the past?

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This is my first foray on any Sentinel products. But I think most members seemed to like the previous release which is the Shin Getter Robo. And they liked their Iron Man releases from what I gather. The build is solid. And no one posted yet of broken ones. So I think it’s all good (?). ^_^ 

I've been collecting Sentinel's Riobot line since their first release which was the delphine from broken blade and generally the riobot line has been very good to excellent quality. Paint jobs and molding have usually been top notch. Joint tolerances have also most of the time been on point, but looseness here and there can happen like any other toyline. I would say where Sentinel's products usually aren't the greatest or have durability issues is in their transforming figures such as Dancouga, where some folks had shoulder breakages  or the kind of lackluster engineering on the dino getter robos. Their transforming metal gear V rex on the other than hand was excellent! While the ride armor is transforming, this is done by T-REX and honestly looks like much of the engineering has been carried over from the Beagle 1/10 release so I would say it is safe to preorder, but crap can always happen during production. And it looks like they're using good ol' stretchy red fabric and not that painted red over white cloth BS that Beagle originally did. :angry:

3 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

I've been collecting Sentinel's Riobot line since their first release which was the delphine from broken blade and generally the riobot line has been very good to excellent quality. Paint jobs and molding have usually been top notch. Joint tolerances have also most of the time been on point, but looseness here and there can happen like any other toyline. I would say where Sentinel's products usually aren't the greatest or have durability issues is in their transforming figures such as Dancouga, where some folks had shoulder breakages  or the kind of lackluster engineering on the dino getter robos. Their transforming metal gear V rex on the other than hand was excellent! While the ride armor is transforming, this is done by T-REX and honestly looks like much of the engineering has been carried over from the Beagle 1/10 release so I would say it is safe to preorder, but crap can always happen during production. And it looks like they're using good ol' stretchy red fabric and not that painted red over white cloth BS that Beagle originally did. :angry:

I'm asking because I wonder if their standards are so super high if something went wrong they refuse to put it out until it's fixed?  Especially if the Dancouga bit them in the ass.  Just based on the products I've seen they seem extremely focused on quality.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I'm asking because I wonder if their standards are so super high if something went wrong they refuse to put it out until it's fixed?  Especially if the Dancouga bit them in the ass.  Just based on the products I've seen they seem extremely focused on quality.

An efficient business can't operate on the often unrealistic standard of perfection many fans have for their beloved anime: there are time and financial constraints to contend with. Large distributors can (depending on contractual obligations) impose financial penalties when manufacturers don't respect shipping deadlines because they then have to deal with cancellations from retailers. They have to find that middle ground where the product is good enough to go to market so as not to result in significant returns but not be so terribly anal on QC that they cost themselves by missing their delivery window. To the end consumer it's fun and games, but the business side of it can be very ulcer-inducing. Packaging, manufacturing, licensor approval, shipping are all replete with their respective pitfalls, and Murphy lurks ominously over all.

Edited by captain america

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I would say their build quality standards are pretty high, but as far as delays it could vary. It could be as Jenius pointed out, another toy took the factory's priority. If Sentinel found something major, I would be very happy they caught it before going out. As long as the product comes out beautifully, I'm sure most of us are willing to wait. 

18 hours ago, jenius said:

Arcadia pushed their Garland from December to July... meaning my Max 1J is hostage fir a while... so it could be worse.

Yeah, between Sentinel and Arcadia, I'm just using the time to fill in gaps in my collections while I wait. Picked up the metallic edition Yamato Garland a few weeks ago, and just got the metalic/translucent CMs Yellow this week.

9 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Where did you track that photo down?

Looks like it came from Sentinel's Twitter feed. It's being displayed in one of the Jungle Store in Osaka.

Edited by no3Ljm

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

:wub: on the boxart. 

Not that I care much, since the boxes go in storage while the toy is going to be what's on display... but the box art looks a little uninspired. Maybe I'm spoiled by the recent reissues with some of the gorgeous 80s art.

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Not that I care much, since the boxes go in storage while the toy is going to be what's on display... but the box art looks a little uninspired. Maybe I'm spoiled by the recent reissues with some of the gorgeous 80s art.

It's understandable. But you have to admit that boxart still beats Tommy Yune's Masterpiece Boxart. ^_^ 

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

What's that in the background? Reflection of one of the Aoshima reissue model kits?

DYYx1ADVAAEW6uf.jpg.af75c2359685d9d6845a5bb6f86d415b.jpg.73553fe2d3ee6d1b6fe95190ec3975d5.jpg

It's those old 1/15 IMAI kit recently reissued by Aoshima.

He's doing an A stance over that bike isn't he?..Some promo picture angles makes it look like he's a little big for the bike. I'm curious as to the rider/bike proportions compared to the Beagle. Although I haven't really seen any profile pics of rider/bike.

19 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Box picture and the colored Stiq is a sample from the factory. So things are coming along. 

DYYx1ADVAAEW6uf.jpg.af75c2359685d9d6845a5bb6f86d415b.jpg

That box art is awesome. It reminds me of this scene in New Generation.

This was the first episode of Robotech New Generation that I remember watching. Back then I always stumbled across the cool cartoons. I'm still waiting to see if Rook is coming out as then I will want Rand and Rook. But that box art for Scott is really making me want the whole team if they are released. And if not then Scott alone is a lock. The bike looks a lot better than that old version I used to own. And this is coming from someone who passed on the Beagle version.