15 hours ago, jenius said:

Reissues of very old models from the look of it.

15 hours ago, captain america said:

Re-issues of the Imai 1/15 plastic kits.

11 hours ago, mechaninac said:

11 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

It's a reissue of the 1/15 scale model kits. Same old 80's design with new packaging. B))

Thanks!

On 2/23/2018 at 6:28 PM, Chas said:

Darn, i was hoping for a transforming Houquet. Guess we're still stuck with just the 1/18 CMs and the 1/20 Gakken.

Got the following email from N-Y today concerning the Ray type MOSPEADA Ride Armor:

You have received a new message regarding your order #******

" We are contacting today regarding this product : RIOBOT - VR-052T Mospeada Ray
We've just got the confirmation that the release date for this product was changed.

Initially the release date was on : 2018-03-31
The new release date is now on : 2018-04-30

So, what is this, the second month long delay?

I can't complain too much about the Ray being pushed back, yet again, as I won't be charged until release is imminent, but I ordered the Stick type with AE (and this is the reason I almost never buy off AE... up front payment) which means I have to wait another month, I assume as I didn't get a message concerning that item, for something that is paid in full and holding up two other items that have been released so that everything can be shipped together.

I do hope that the delays mean that these toys will be flawless... more likely, they've been encountering a slew of production problems.

The second delay was announced weeks ago. NY can be pretty sluggish with their updates.

The delays could be for any number of reasons. CNY factory delays, QA problems, other releases taking priority... There was some update on their FB today about Shin Getter.

Or maybe they didn't get enough pre-order numbers...

I didn't realize the ET red legioss is a limited distribution item. Maybe that explains why NY and CDJapan aren't carrying it.CM's did that with their green and red legioss toys... then when they couldn't get rid of the stock they let every store have them. 

Ok. So it's March so we're expecting Stick's ride end of this month, yes? It's just weeks away before the end of the month so hopefully we'll see something new. And by new, I meant cool info and photos and not another delay notice. ;)

2 hours ago, dizman said:

So any chances they will send out review copies to some Japanese websites or is the Mospeada going to just pop up one day in the wild? 

With Sentinel products, you will usually see a pictorial review on Sentinel's blog a day before on release day. The rest of any info / pics will be in the wild. 

18 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

With Sentinel products, you will usually see a pictorial review on Sentinel's blog a day before on release day. The rest of any info / pics will be in the wild. 

Yeah? Cos it's worrying me that there have been no promotional magazine articles and it being a no-show at Wonderfest last month... :unsure:

41 minutes ago, Tober said:

Yeah? Cos it's worrying me that there have been no promotional magazine articles and it being a no-show at Wonderfest last month... :unsure:

I would not be too worried. From some inside sources, preorders are selling well for Sentinel. It can't be any worse than Fewture's EX gokin Garland which appears at every wonderfest, as the same painted resin prototype and they keep pushing the release date back. :lol:

2 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

I would not be too worried. From some inside sources, preorders are selling well for Sentinel. It can't be any worse than Fewture's EX gokin Garland which appears at every wonderfest, as the same painted resin prototype and they keep pushing the release date back. :lol:

Thanks, I hope you're right. It's about the only release I'm really looking forward to currently. :)

15 minutes ago, tekering said:

I snagged this unusual piece on Yahoo! Japan auctions for pocket change last week.  B))

three.jpg.290e5affd487381d49b14eb46720af34.jpg

two.jpg.1dcccf1358d5c777eb33cfede45cfc89.jpg

Legitimate Tatsunoko merchandise, it was!

one.jpg.a3c7bc62caad1d567dae19f834fe82d7.jpg

I really wish I tried to win the cel of that Rook scene. I think part of the reason I didn't try was it wasn't in the Robotech opening and I assumed not in the actual show either. Just Mospeada's opening. Which I still haven't watched completely.

I hope these delays are to make these bikes perfect. That will equal strong sales and us getting Rook and Lancer's bikes in new or vintage versions. The wait is starting to get to me.

Thanks for the link no3Ljm.

Should be a hefty piece with the diecast frame.Glad to see preorders are doing well.I just realized it has footpegs!!Let's hope the full ROM cloth has lessons learned from the Beagle.

On 3/11/2018 at 3:13 AM, troyness said:

Thanks for the link no3Ljm.

Should be a hefty piece with the diecast frame.Glad to see preorders are doing well.I just realized it has footpegs!!Let's hope the full ROM cloth has lessons learned from the Beagle.

You're welcome troyness. ;)

The only thing I don't like so far from what I have seen on the photos is the placement where the footrest/peg is. It's way too back. Felt like you can't pose the figure in a 'relax' ride pose (sitting relax) but rather it's always in the 'race' ride mode (leaning closer to the bike). I really like the footrest placement on the Beagle's though. If only they made the folding mechanism on the other side where it folds rather where it is now, maybe then it will look much better... for me. ^_^

MDcPlvi.jpg

Anyways, I'm still excited for this. Can't wait till end of March so they can ship the first one. ;)

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome troyness. ;)

The only thing I don't like so far from what I have seen on the photos is the placement where the footrest/peg is. It's way too back. Felt like you can't pose the figure in a 'relax' ride pose (sitting relax) but rather it's always in the 'race' ride mode (leaning closer to the bike). I really like the footrest placement on the Beagle's though. If only they made the folding mechanism on the other side where it folds rather where it is now, maybe then it will look much better... for me. ^_^

MDcPlvi.jpg

Anyways, I'm still excited for this. Can't wait till end of March so they can ship the first one. ;)

I agree with you on the footpeg placement, and it's something that has been bothering me all along.

It doesn't match the original animation...

hqdefault.jpg.0ae73b23c98d379f7afbdf45bc9166aa.jpg

It doesn't match the concept art...

Beagle-Bike-Comparison-1.jpg.7fa3df32a8f033c999ede8ca2db3c194.jpg

(in fairness, I just did a look through a bunch of the real original concept art, and it mostly seems to just skip the footpegs entirely, so this might not be a good argument)

... and, in my opinion, the MOSPEADA would, if in the real world, be intended more like a Ducati Multistrada, where the rider might find themselves just as likely on paved roads as on slightly rougher terrain requiring more of an upright, weight off the seat, stance.

MTS-950-MY18-Red-01-Model-Preview-1050x650.png.12fb9a4f4273864e656d814fe898fa7e.png

Edited by RavenHawk

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

It doesn't match the concept art...

Beagle-Bike-Comparison-1.jpg.7fa3df32a8f033c999ede8ca2db3c194.jpg

(in fairness, I just did a look through a bunch of the real original concept art, and it mostly seems to just skip the footpegs entirely, so this might not be a good argument)

Just so you know, the Riobot figures match the concept design by Aramaki which is the basis is for. It's not the design from the anime. Though you can tell that the footrest/peg rests folder in the side thigh armor.

8CWwo5x.jpg

6ncIOjy.jpg

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Just so you know, the Riobot figures match the concept design by Aramaki which is the basis is for. It's not the design from the anime. Though you can tell that the footrest/peg rests folder in the side thigh armor.

8CWwo5x.jpg

6ncIOjy.jpg

I knew the Sentinel version was based on Aramaki's design from the MOSPEADA book (I own that book and absolutely love it), but I'm embarrassed to say that I totally missed the folded up footpeg on the thigh armor on the cover. Wow, I can't believe I missed that...

Good catch!

If they match Aramaki's design, then I'm totally ok with the footpeg placement (even if the motorcyclist in me isn't).

I've been wanting a toy of this design since I first preordered the book in late 2008.

@no3Ljm & RavenHawk.

I'm with u guys. The race position would effect seated posing options. I sense a 3D printed attachable footpeg PF in our future...That footpeg is pinned in good. Seems integral to the EXO frame?? Could it be taken out & on an adjustable sliding track?

25 minutes ago, troyness said:

@no3Ljm & RavenHawk.

I'm with u guys. The race position would effect seated posing options. I sense a 3D printed attachable footpeg PF in our future...That footpeg is pinned in good. Seems integral to the EXO frame?? Could it be taken out & on an adjustable sliding track?

I have two on preorder. I'll probably leave one exactly as is on the cover illustration, and 3D print some upgrades to the other for personal tastes (a rear mudguard, which would make the armor mode actually look symmetrical with covers over both tires; foot shifter and foot brake, which would work for posing, though would be a terrible idea in real life; the rocket launcher from the cover illustration; whatever else comes to mind).