47 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I opened mine before but didn't get a chance of creating a proper cloth for it. I asked a friend before to stitch me one but it somehow ended up a little too bulky on the figure but somehow it does help tightening the are of movement which is kind of a plus for me. I was hoping to get the same fabric that Yaco did on his Stick years ago.

2009_0212_0.jpg.370a66194a0e98c019eff7efd065ce69.jpg

Anyways, I'll try to take some pics of it which screws to remove in order to remove the cloth tonight.

That would be much appreciated, thanks! Right now my Scott figure is looking beat up with orange flakes all over his bike. 

28 minutes ago, jenius said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah, that red suit was definitely the sore spot for an otherwise incredible toy. Is it possible to buy neoprene type fabric? Would that be too stiff?

Probably too thick. Whatever fabric Mezco toys is using on their One:12 figure line would probably be ideal. At this point, I'd just like to pull off the red cloth on mine completely so I don't have to look at it until I find a suitable replacement material. 

I think that EXO did something with his suit back in the day and posted about it one of the old megathreads.

I don't have mine anymore but I had thought about potentially using electrical shrink tubing as it is very thin, flexible, and available in lots of different colors and diameters.

3 hours ago, ultraman zoffy said:

Probably too thick. Whatever fabric Mezco toys is using on their One:12 figure line would probably be ideal. At this point, I'd just like to pull off the red cloth on mine completely so I don't have to look at it until I find a suitable replacement material. 

I pulled off all of the cloth. As it turns out, Stiq is actually a stick underneath the sheets. 

IMG_20171125_152819782.thumb.jpg.4b0d2e8acb9344b1fc3dca96f5b9a115.jpg

9 minutes ago, locidm said:

I haven't touched mine in years......and Rey is still in the box. Hopefully mine hasn't deteriorated that bad!

Is it from handling? Sunlight? Or just natural degradation due to the tension of the seams?

I think it's a combination of natural degradation and handling. It's so strange because the material feels like a vinyl, but once the red dye sheds off it's white cloth underneath. Its like they used the type of paint you would use on an image for a t-shirt, instead of dying the whole cloth in red. 

21 minutes ago, locidm said:

I haven't touched mine in years......and Rey is still in the box. Hopefully mine hasn't deteriorated that bad!

Is it from handling? Sunlight? Or just natural degradation due to the tension of the seams?

Whatever it is they used, its just really prone to drying out and flaking, regardless of how much the figure is handled. The fabric on Rey is a bit more durable, so I think there was a definite change between the production of both figures. 

14 hours ago, ultraman zoffy said:

That would be much appreciated, thanks! Right now my Scott figure is looking beat up with orange flakes all over his bike. 

As promised, here it is. FYI, the red fabric on my Stick is already a customized one from a friend. Though it's too big for the figure that's why it didn't fit properly. But I honestly like the fabric she used. Though I actually forgot the actual name of the fabric but it felt like a pleather. She's kind of busy nowadays so she didn't have time yet to fix it.

Anyways, here it goes:

Pull the front waist armor which is just a clamp around the waist.
JE2Jld8.jpg 

Flip the figure and unscrew the buttocks screw and the thigh armor screws. The screw on the buttocks are covered. So you have to remove the screw cover first.
8w8NQUO.jpg 

Once you remove the screws, pull down the cloth from the body armor to reveal the pelvic joints. Unscrew the screws.
4WrkuKI.jpg 

5iVYo9W.jpg 

Once those pelvic joints screws are removed, pull the cloth from the thigh.
OCYbxql.jpg 

On the arm armor, after removing the hands from the peg, pull the middle section part from the wrist area away from the gauntlet.
mQ8spmT.jpg 

After, pulling the wrist armor part area it will reveal a screw behind the gauntlet. Unscrew it.
JkMD0KM.jpg 

Remove the shoulder armor and pull the cloth away from the arm. Voila!
Wux503J.jpg 

I also want to add that some white parts on my figure got yellowed. I just noticed it earlier while dissassembling this to take some pictures. The part that got yellowed are the front parts of the thigh armor, the chin area and some cheek area of the helmet, and rims on the wheel. Not sure how did it happened since these figures are displayed in a shelf away from the sun. Afterwards, I checked Ley's white armor parts and his bike, everything still looks perfect. I wonder why it's only Stick's? :unknw:

I have to adjust the curves on these images so that the yellowing areas will show up. It's not showing at first since the light is pointing directly on the figure when I took the photos.

2lPtO1x.jpg 

32Y5FlW.jpg 

12 minutes ago, UN_MARINE said:

Mine flaked a while back, I took a brush to the fabric to take off everything, then used a Gundam marker to recolor the fabric. Fairly easy fix, and no issues so far - apart from the plastic yellowing.

*snip*

You recolored the underlying white fabric with Gundam Red Marker? Would dyeing the white fabric to red is advisable too? 

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You recolored the underlying white fabric with Gundam Red Marker? Would dyeing the white fabric to red is advisable too? 

I suppose dyeing would work too, but I imagine it's a more involved process. The marker trick takes about less than an hour - disassemble, paint, let dry, retouch, let dry, reassemble.

Edit:

Here's pics of the marker trick, 6 years in.

DSCI0873a.jpg

DSCI0874a.jpg

Edited by UN_MARINE
Added pics.

Wow the market trick is fabulous.

I've never done it, but people say you soak the yellowed parts in peroxide and put them in the sun a bit. Not sure how that would effect painted areas and decals though, so I never tried it.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:16 AM, UN_MARINE said:

I suppose dyeing would work too, but I imagine it's a more involved process. The marker trick takes about less than an hour - disassemble, paint, let dry, retouch, let dry, reassemble.

Edit:

Here's pics of the marker trick, 6 years in.

Wow, yeah, that looks really good. I'm going to do that to mine. Thanks for the tip.

I decided to get the ET Legioss with my HMR Elintseeker.  Overall its better than my ET VF-2SS.  Thoughts...

The hands?  WTF?  Why were the fingers not attached?  There is a tab on the palm that DOES NOT FIT the handle of the gun?  I glued the fingers on.
Transformation is good, those shoulder joints are SCARY though.  Why is the part that connects to the shoulder not diecast?  Gakken did that better.  The fact they used the same hinge swing bar for both shoulders (at least one mine) is very disappointing, disrupts symmetry in soldier mode.   I can't get one forearm to connect all the way back to the shoulder in fighter mode, its kinda worse than the CMS version in a way.  The plastic is cheap, but not as bad as the 2SS.  The leg joints are very well done but like always the feet don't collapse enough, I liked what Gakken did with the heel a long time ago. 
I like the paint job, but the lack of tampo is lame given the price.  Also, better stickering instructions would have been nice.
Lastly, tabs, if you're gonna have them, make them WORK and fit.  There's ill-conceived and ill-fitting tabs almost everywhere.

All that said, its decent enough for me to get the other 2 though.

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice catch! :good: ;)  Though the Bazooka is the only thing that's missing from Sentinel's Ride Armors. <_<

Think I'll model it up and 3d print a couple when the Sentinel finally comes out.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I believe it was EXO who made a bazooka for the Beagle bikes years ago, along with the side and top storage containers for the bike. I got a set of the containers, but passed on the bazooka. 

Ditto. Same here. And I haven't painted mine yet. ^_^ 

13 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Think I'll model it up and 3d print a couple when the Sentinel finally comes out.

Looking forward to your version of this. ;) 

27 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Both were delayed another month...

Gonna be an expensive April (ET Legioss, Sentinel Mospeada, HMR VF-1A)

You beat me to it. Was wondering about these, and was literally on HLJ checking if the release dates had changed when you posted this.

I'm getting a little concerned with the delays and the lack of any updated prototype pics or samples.