Hi guys, 

I've been out of collecting ever since the Beagle ride armor has been cancelled. Sold mine and man did i regretted that decision. The prices on these are through the roof and I had zero hope of something similar ever being released. That was until I stumbled across the Sentinel ride armor a few days ago by pure luck. My heart just skipped a beat. I'm not missing out on this chance and put my pre orders in.

On 12/27/2017 at 11:54 PM, RavenHawk said:

What? I was sure that you'd be on for new ride armors!

Oh, no. I love them. But I have to administrate my money wisely now. I'm already invested in too much stuff and at least I have the classic designs by Beagle. Who knows, maybe I can track them down later on or there's a reissue some day, I've got lucky before :)  

Does anyone know about any ride armor toys released sometime in the 80’s to 90’s that were pretty small (maybe 6 inches), non-transformable, and had lots of diecast? I had 2 of them back when I was younger (a red and green one) when I had no idea what MOSPEADA was, but thought the armor looked cool. I remember the red one had blades or swords, while the green one had missiles that attach to the forearms. Articulation wasn’t too great. If I’m not mistaken it just had neck, shoulders, hips, knees. Can’t remember if it had elbow articulation. And of course it was made in Japan.

I tried looking for pictures online and the closest one seemed to be the Gakken, but it’s not it.

5 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Does anyone know about any ride armor toys released sometime in the 80’s to 90’s that were pretty small (maybe 6 inches), non-transformable, and had lots of diecast? I had 2 of them back when I was younger (a red and green one) when I had no idea what MOSPEADA was, but thought the armor looked cool. I remember the red one had blades or swords, while the green one had missiles that attach to the forearms. Articulation wasn’t too great. If I’m not mistaken it just had neck, shoulders, hips, knees. Can’t remember if it had elbow articulation. And of course it was made in Japan.

I tried looking for pictures online and the closest one seemed to be the Gakken, but it’s not it.

I think this site has pics of the figures you're asking about (almost at the bottom).  Incidentally, they are also by Gakken.

28 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Something like this one? From anymoon.com

Gakken-120-Armor-2.jpg 

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1561

19 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I think this site has pics of the figures you're asking about (almost at the bottom).  Incidentally, they are also by Gakken.

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Something like this one? From anymoon.com

Gakken-120-Armor-2.jpg 

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1561

No, it’s neither of those. The ones I had didn’t have any numbers or letters marked on it. I’m almost about to believe that what I had were unofficial figures. But they were definitely high quality though so it’s hard to think they were bootlegs.

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

No, it’s neither of those. The ones I had didn’t have any numbers or letters marked on it. I’m almost about to believe that what I had were unofficial figures. But they were definitely high quality though so it’s hard to think they were bootlegs.

Gakken made several small ride armor variants. How about these?

7 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

According to HLJ it simply shows the Ride Armors as a February release. So could be early or end of the month with these. 

I see Stig as 1/31 and Ray as 2/28.

I emailed Sentinel a few days ago asking about the release date, they weren't a lot of help. Maybe someone with better Japanese language skills could try - 

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Our marketing term will upload all the new item information on our face book.  Pls kindly visit our face book from time to time.

Wish you have a nice day!
Best Regards
Sentinel International Co., Ltd.

Regan Curtis 於 2/1/2018 20:39 寫道:
Hi,

Could you tell me what day in January the RIOBOT 1/12 VR-052F Mospeada Stick will be released?

Thanks,
Regan Curtis 

I can't find them listed on amazon.co.jp either, they usually have the most up to date info. :unsure:

Only six more weeks until Winter Wonderfest. Hopefully more MOSPEADA news then. :) 

9 hours ago, Tober said:

I can't find them listed on amazon.co.jp either, they usually have the most up to date info. 

Amazon maintains January 31st for the VR-052F, and February 28th for the VR-052T.

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Stick's neo-MOSPEADA as that will be the trigger for shipping my other items (a VF-2SS and a Regult Missile Set) being held by AE.  As much as I loathe wishing for time to go faster, I can hardly stand the wait.

11 hours ago, tekering said:

Amazon maintains January 31st for the VR-052F, and February 28th for the VR-052T.

Do you have the links? They do tend to be more accurate.

I wouldn't be placing a lot of faith in the Sentinel figures coming out on time. Completely happy to be wrong though.

----------

Received my replacement ET Legioss from HLJ :wub:. Transformed it a few times and all good... so far. :D

Hey, anybody know what the hell this is?

wtf.jpeg.10c51823da3390b5df62968ce81f08ae.jpeg

I found the auction here, but the seller apparently doesn't know anything about its origin.  It's clearly the old Gakken Legioss -- in Japanese packaging, with a Tatsunoko copyright, no less -- but there's no Mospeada (or Robotech) logo anywhere on the box.  What's more, the character adorning the top left corner looks more like something from Southern Cross, pictured above a signature that couldn't possibly be Japanese.  (The seller maintains it's printed on the box, and not an autograph.)

Oh, and despite the packaging, the toy inside is actually a red Zeta...  :huh:

11 hours ago, Tober said:

Do you have the links? They do tend to be more accurate.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B075YX2CCD/

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0764CPB1B

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Hey, anybody know what the hell this is?

wtf.jpeg.10c51823da3390b5df62968ce81f08ae.jpeg

I found the auction here, but the seller apparently doesn't know anything about its origin.  It's clearly the old Gakken Legioss -- in Japanese packaging, with a Tatsunoko copyright, no less -- but there's no Mospeada (or Robotech) logo anywhere on the box.  What's more, the character adorning the top left corner looks more like something from Southern Cross, pictured above a signature that couldn't possibly be Japanese.  (The seller maintains it's printed on the box, and not an autograph.)

Oh, and despite the packaging, the toy inside is actually a red Zeta...  :huh:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B075YX2CCD/

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0764CPB1B

What's even more bizarre is the box looks more like a model kit 2-piece type; not the typical Gakken packaging. I don't think it's a fake, simply because of the costs associated with such an endeavour. I'm wondering if it's either very early or post-Mospeada packaging made to burn-off excess toy stock in other Asian markets.

A google translation of the auction copy reads:

Is this version anticipated overseas sales or bullets (missiles) not attached because of safety standards.
It is painfully painted the notation of the box bullet purposely. (It is not graffiti, it is a reason that it is said to be a rare item.If it was sold or not sold it is unknown)

Because it is old, the box has damage.

Very unusual, sold goods after changing the package after the program ends.
Characters that also carry titles are unique ones.
The design of the box is iota, but the contents are zeta.
Are all three Types of Legios posted next to the box, probably all in the same box and you do not know if you can not open it? I guess.

I do not know what was released in the background but it seems to be a genuine article.
However, even among collectors, it is a problem item that speculation is jumping over how many versions are not known, even though the whole picture is unknown.
We obtained it at a toy event.

Seems indeed to be a late-production clearance/export model.

On 12/25/2017 at 10:14 PM, Snake Eyes said:

D4 toys has pre-orders still of the Sentinel Stig figure for 166.50 USD

Worth ordering it? or should i wait for nippon-yasan?

I made note of that on the previous page...
but I found that shipping to me is still cheaper through BBTS, and they also still have pre-orders open

Edited by Snake Eyes

also, all the images we have seen so far of the Riobot Mospeada armour, seems to be of the prototype (it looks like it still has the 3D printed layering to it)
and none of them seem to have rubber tyres, which is a bummer. I really like the fact that the toynami one has rubber tyres.

I so wish there was a way to influence the design, like get them to add the targeting sight or so on.

10 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

also, all the images we have seen so far of the Riobot Mospeada armour, seems to be of the prototype (it looks like it still has the 3D printed layering to it)
and none of them seem to have rubber tyres, which is a bummer. I really like the fact that the toynami one has rubber tyres.

I so wish there was a way to influence the design, like get them to add the targeting sight or so on.

I like the rubber tires too on my Beagle figures but somehow they always collect dust. I don't mind if they switch it to hard rubber or hard plastic as long that it will look like a rubber tire and not a plastic tire. ^_^

Started stickering my Legioss because it looks plain without any markings. I'm considering doing a flat coat (but have to test the reaction of the stickers with the coat first). Had no time to take proper pics so here are some cellphone ones:

20180104_141730.jpg

20180104_141622.jpg

33 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Started stickering my Legioss because it looks plain without any markings. I'm considering doing a flat coat (but have to test the reaction of the stickers with the coat first). Had no time to take proper pics so here are some cellphone ones:

20180104_141730.jpg

20180104_141622.jpg

I would recommend the matt overcoat, if only to guard the seemingly cheap plastic from yellowing. Just be sure to mask the canopy first!

3 minutes ago, captain america said:

I would recommend the matt overcoat, if only to guard the seemingly cheap plastic from yellowing. Just be sure to mask the canopy first!

Yes, yellowing is my main concern, I also want to give this bird an even finish (some painted panels have different finish). Thanks for reminding me about the canopy!!!!

49 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

20180104_141730.jpg

20180104_141622.jpg

Looks good, Ignacio. :wub: